The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Vote_lcapPheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Voting_barPheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Vote_lcapPheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Voting_barPheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 2:36 pm

~ After talking with my Co-GM Eragon and assprite, we have decided to retcon Hera, and instead have her sent home and kept under watch~
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 3:10 pm

So Im just going to start over from Feng complaining about the group assognments. Theyre in the middle of the card trick.

Feng backs a little way away from the group to watch the card trick. Sleight of hand does make him nervous. I am Feng Hou of the Blue Line. Do not touch me, and I am certain all will be well. Say, I recognize two of you. Pedro, aren't you that one idiot who ran through the train shouting about saving the lives of those criminals? How embarrassing. I suppose I'll bear being in a groyp with such a disgraceful person... It will not reflect on me.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 3:12 pm

Pedro laughs. "I do suppose I got two left feet, it doesn't help with the grace much. Nice ta meet ya Fengy."

Pedro turns back to the card game.
Back to top Go down
eevocative
New Kid
eevocative

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 3:17 pm

Auggie nods, quietly. He turns around, and looks at his card (it's the King of Spades). He smirks, though how Feng introduced himself was off-putting. Auggie had heard of the Avius race, and how they were very highly respected, though he didn't exactly understand. "Hmm...." He wonders off in thought and stares intently at his card.
Back to top Go down
http://pizza-wentzz.tumblr.com/
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 4:51 pm

It was the King of Clubs you had, so I'll assume you meant that.

Both of them have their cards in their pockets. With that done, Oliver spreads out the deck in an arc in his hand. He shows them the faces, and points out that there are ten cards missing still, which they should be able to tell are the ones they took. He then turns it so the faces are downwards and neither he nor they can see them, and asks them each to pick any card they want at random. But they should not show it too him.

They do.

Pedro, you just picked the Jack of Diamonds. And Auggie, you chose the King of Clubs.

He grins.

And if I'm not mistaken, those are the same cards you just put in the middle of your stack, yes? Go ahead and check your pockets.

They do, and each pile has a Joker in the middle where the card they just drew used to be. The stack is otherwise the same as when it went in their pocket.

Oliver then gathers all the cards together, puts the deck in one hand, closes his palm, flicks his wrist, and opens it again. The deck is gone.

Sorry it's such a mundane trick, but most of my equipment was confiscated when I boarded the train. I'll be sure to show you all something extra special later!
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 5:09 pm

The freshman are now divided into teams, and sitting in one section of bleachers. The first team to be called down is team Cloud, "Now , your other 2 team members arent gonna be here just yet, so we'll be Dialing down your excercise a bit to accomodate for them not being here." All of you come down from the bleachers, all eyes are own you, so dont mess up your entrance. All of you are asked to present your names and your powers to the entire freshman class, those who need their tools, are presented them. You begin to think that this little excersise is over, but as you all turn around to sit back down, a bright pink, see-through barrier rises up, and encloses you all in a dome. , and opposite you a golem, about three feet wide and twenty feet tall phses into reality out of nothingness, and this golem appears to be like a huge yeti that has been shaved completely and is made of stone, with two bright pink gems in its eyes. The headmaster pipes up at the commotion "Oy, kids, you arent in any real danger, Just defeat the thing and show the rest of these kids how its done huh? The barrier will go down after you beat the thing, so go ahad and show me what you got" The Head master turns to the rest of the freshman body, "The reason why we do ths is to evaluate your effectiveness as a team, one thing we are famous for is receiing work from countries or nations needing help, if your team is good enough, we'll send you on a feild trip . . ." He snickers at this , bites down on his ciggerate and goes right back to talking "With adult supervision of course, not all lessons can be taught at school, the life of a mage is a dangerous one, and sheltering you like Orcish lambs only serves to get you killed. So if anybody WANTS to see their friends and comrades die, because they had no experience, speak now!" The entire gymnasium is left silent in awe. "OKAY THEN LETS GOOOOO!" With this the golem roars to life, and the students are left to fight for themselves.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 5:28 pm

When called to the crowd, Pedro removes his cape, his hat, his goggles and the bandage on his nose. "That was getting a little itchy."

When ask to declare himself in front of the crowd and his abilities, he steps up and proudly proclaims to the crowd. "My name is Pedro Farrowwyrm, the fun loving, adventure seeking, frost drake! My abilities include the ability to crack the best one liners, I fancy myself a decent artist in sculpting, and I can do cold majic. I would also love to give a shout out to the lovely lady I met on the train here." Pedro gives an obvious wink.

As he sees the golem form and listens to the instructions, he grabs his collapsible staff and his canteen of water and attaches them to his hip.

He then blows a kiss to the crowd. "This one is for you my mysterious and gorgeous lady." He declares.

He then runs to the side of the golem, looking to get behind the construct.
Back to top Go down
eevocative
New Kid
eevocative

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 5:56 pm

Auggie blinked, and analyzed the golem. It was much bigger than he was, but he felt he could defeat it. With a bit of effort of course but still defeat it. He turned around, slightly, and shook his head. "My names August....Call me Auggie, though, it's easier to remember I think? Anywoo..." He paused, his voice louder and deeper than before; Almost startling when first heard, "I'm an Orc, and I have to rely on my strength instead of using majic! I like gardening and I study plants, too. A hobby, really." He smiled, and quickly focused back on the golem before him.

Last edited by eevocative on Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 6:11 pm

Oliver grudgingly decides to tell the truth about his abilities.

I'm Oliver Reenly, most people know me as Twist. I'm an expert at fake magic, but my only actually magical ability involves stealing things. Usually by accident...

He raises his hand in the air and concentrates. It glows black; and a large, antique looking construct materializes in his hand.

...but sometimes on purpose. I also have cool gadgets like this thing, because I'm a super. Happy to make your collective acquaintance.

Knowing his usual tools wouldn't work on a rock monster, Oliver had instead summoned a large yet compact hand mounted cannon. The device was one of many victorian age gadgets and weapons that were owned by his clan. He's particularly fond of the style of that era, so he uses them often. He places his arm in the device and aims it at the golem, then fires several shells at its stomach.

I'm terrible at properly describing them, but it should be assumed that the vast majority of Oliver's gadgets are steampunk style technology. This cannon is no exception.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 6:22 pm

Feng stands with his chin high, as if expecting the entire crowd to bow. One or two people do on instinct before standing up, and he smirks. I am Feng Hou of the Blue Line. I use the powers of others to my advantage. Enjoy my performance.

Feng gracefully leaps into the air. Then the Oliver boy he sat next to mentions theft, and he surreptitiously checks his pockets. Nothing seems to be missing, though. When he finishes checking, he hears a loud bang and sees Oliver launching some sort of projectile at the golem, and watches small cracks form around the impacts. Feng's impressed, but it'd take hours to punch all the way through it. Feng flies around its shoulders, tapping it briefly to annoy it and making a great show of his magnificent feathers and attire for the crowd as he looks for a place to attack it.

Last edited by Asssprite on Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 6:27 pm

Pedro sees Feng fly, an brilliant idea pops into his head. "Fengy, catch!!!"

Pedro unhooks his canteen and throws it to Feng, his dragon eyes give him good accuracy.

He shouts, "Get it's shoulders soaked, we're disarming this thing!"
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 6:44 pm

Oliver changes the shell, this time slotting in a controlled explosive round to maximize damage since the plain cannonball wasn't effective enough.

After a memory check to make sure the explosion is small enough to not hurt any on his allies, he fires the round, once again at the golem's stomach.

From now on we should probably wait for the game master's word before commenting on how effective an attack was.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 6:46 pm

Probably, but since spider and eragon are in the chat... Anyways, we've come up with a plan, so all we gotta do is have our characters come up with it. Also, there's an OOC thread so we can talk about this sort of thing without orangetexting from now on, as well as the chat, ok? Hmmmm? You thinking about joining us, maybe???

Last edited by Asssprite on Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eevocative
New Kid
eevocative

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 6:46 pm

Auggie peered around, tightening his fists and analyzing the surroundings. He moved only a few inches forward, but still kept a strong defense up in case the golem was ready to attack the group. Then, he decided to charge. He wasn't the fastest, but he was fast enough to get behind the beast's thick, column like legs. He wrapped his arms around it's left leg and pulled.

Auggie was kicked, hard, in the ribs and upper abdomen."Urgh...! ..F-fuck!" He gasped in his normally low tone, and fell back a bit, but went forward and lifted it's leg up only a few inches above his head. There was blood dripping from his mouth, but he ignored it.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 8:51 pm

Celina leapt forward shooting electricity, then pulled out two hooked blades from within her skirt and began to climb her way up to its head.
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 12:11 am

The missile blasts in its stomach leave one huge hole in its lower abdomen. The hole reveals the tip of the bottom of a pink gem. It doesn't have time to focus on any one mage, but it is incredibly annoyed at Feng and tries to swat him away. Feng easily and gracefully dances around the huge beast in mi flight, he doesn't notice it, but the girls are loving every minute of it. Feng finds annoyance at even being associated with, let alone being told what to do, by Pedro. It was a necessary evil, as he wasnt going to be outclassed, so he caught the water canteen, begrudgidingly. The damage inside of the golem's abdomen had caused it to go berserk, which is why, when Auggie got close, he recieved a painful kick to the gut. Regardless of his physical damage Auggie manages to knock the golem off its balance by lifting its foot. The lightning Celina shoots at it manages to hit it right in the underside of its gem. When Celina tries to hit it with her swords, they bounce off, the stone cant seem to be sliced by them. Redglare manages to sneak in some damage himself with the end result being the creature falling hard!

(FINISH HIM! ~)
Back to top Go down
W!tch
Mag!c
W!tch

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 1:02 am

Cool golem, Dakker thought. Annoying principal, Dakker thought.

"I'm Dakker Nidwill," she said in that husky voice, "Please just call me Dakker, not some kind of nickname like 'Dee'." Read: Call her Dee. Call her Dee exclusively. "I'm an orc, clearly, and my powers are not really any of your concern."

She slipped on her boxing gloves/iron knuckles.

~~~~

During the fight, Dakker was certainly there, oh yes. She was observing, waiting for the moment to strike.

That moment was this moment. She felt the moment. Hey. I just want to feel this moment. OOOoooooOOOOooh, I just want to feel this moment.

She cracked her knuckles.

She ran fast, and then straight up rammed her fist into the shin of the golem.

Her fist was stuck in the golem.

"...F*#k."

She pulled as hard as she could, even putting her feet on the leg of the golem for leverage. Luckily, this worked, and she freed herself.

And she also pulled out a very large chunk of the leg of the golem, throwing it off balance (Hey, it's three feet thick, therefore, assuming it's width ratio is similar to that of a human, it's leg is thin as hell). But this would only happen if it is approved by our sexy GM, SpiderVoodoo. If he doesn't approve, neither this paragraph or a the following ones are applicable.

"Well that's convenient."

She then would push upon the leg stump of the now crippled golem, using all her strength to tip it over.

Last edited by W!tch on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 1:15 am

Pedro leaps onto the downed golems chest. He takes a deep breath, his eyes narrow and he releases a ray of cold pinpointed onto the gem, making it and the area around it freezing cold and brittle as if it was dipped into liquid nitrogen.

Pedro then takes his staff, it snaps into full size which is a little over 5 feet, and slams it into the gem. Wings pop from his back and he uses his staff to then pole vault him into the air, gliding away from the golem, landing near Dakker.

His wings fold back and he shouts. "Twist! Now's a good time to shatter that gem!"

He turns to Dakker. "I didn't get to say Hi. My name is Pedro, pleasure to meet cha."
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 1:19 am

Everyone stand clear of the beasty please.

Oliver takes a handful of small round objects from a pocket and tosses them into the hole in the golem's chest. He immediately follows up with an explosive shot from his cannon straight into the hole, which is intended to detonate the small yet considerably more powerful explosives that are now in the golem's stomach.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 1:25 am

Feng pulls into a dive towards the golems face, and lands on its forehead. He pulls out his knife and shimmies it in between one of the gemstone eyes and the rock that makes up the golems face, then jimmies it around until the eye pops right out of place.
Back to top Go down
W!tch
Mag!c
W!tch

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 1:29 am

Dakker turned to Pedro. "Yeah, Pedro. Hi. Saw your introduction. It was... certainly an introduction. I'm Dakker. Pleasure to meetcha." She turned back to the golem in time for the explosion to go off. It was certainly loud. She reacted realistically, by covering her ears and trembling when the subsequent shock wave that follows all large explosions hit. REALISM.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 1:32 am

Pedro watches the explosion, he wishes he had some shades. He then starts poking the golems foot with his staff, to check if its still moving.
Back to top Go down
gallowsCalibrator
Seeing Shades
gallowsCalibrator

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 2:27 am

Redglare opened to gym door and looks around.
"Aw man, I get lost for ten minutes and I miss all the interesting stuff going on?"

Redglare makes his way over to the group, glances at the assembled team and offers his handout to the dragon. [Read: Pedro] "I'm so sorry that I was late, I'm Redglare. I believe I was assigned to work with your team?"
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 2:29 am

Pedro shakes his hand enthusiastically. "Nice to meet you Red."

Pedro's eyes don't leave the golem for more than a second and he keeps poking.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 2:30 am

Oliver puts his hand behind his back, closes his eyes, and casts pickpocket majic on the golem's other gemstone eye.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC   Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pheonix-Croft Academy RPG IC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next