The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Vote_lcapThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Voting_barThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Vote_lcapThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Voting_barThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 10:23 am

Im sorry, Ive gotta get this one back into gear soon. Ill see about doing something tonight.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 5:26 pm

Asssprite wrote:
Terra:
You shrink back from the crowds and can see the details of the party more plainly for it. You can see people gathering around certain figures, particularly ones who have recent scars, the notably elderly, or unusually wealthy people. There's no dancing, and little casual conversation; only people telling and repeating stories.
Woah, should Terra be picking up silent 'this aint natural' alarms due to her enormously high empathy from this?

Like are the are the exact same stories being told over and over by different people, are people seemingly acting like they are reading lines from a script, or just unnaturally stiff about their conversation, etc?

Basically, should I read into this more?
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 5:30 pm

It's more like a person will tell a story to a group, and the group will move on to hear a different story, and then new people will come in to hear the new story, or people will hear a story and then repeat the story to people who didn't hear the story. The idea of this event is really just for you to be able to go around and pick up exposition for a while. It shouldn't feel unnatural except that normally people aren't super interested in stories, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 5:33 pm

Ok, good. I almost got scared we ended up in Lovecraft for a moment.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 5:38 pm

No, just a secret society of people who really like to know whats going on in Hope's Footing.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 12:39 am

Are we waiting on levi, cause I'll just pm him if we are. He probably doesn't know its back up.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 7:00 pm

No, I was just busy, but Levi ought to post soon.
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 10:16 pm

von FINALY got around to telling me...
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 10:23 pm

You could have just
you know
read the pokemon OOC where he left you a message

but you never look at that thread do you
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 4:16 am

I have a question, Why is there such a big percentage of as it sounds of heavily poor spectrals in this city.

I remember you telling me that spectrals get special treatment here, like I would imagine one of those would be a general upgrade in the living conditions in general for spectrals, and if there are competing sectors that look for recruits, theses sound like prime candidates.

Like, actual gangs usually can afford electrical heating and plumbing to say the least.

Is it that some one higher up is trying to put these kids down for something?

You don't have to reveal anything, I just want to know if there is a reason why these people are so dirt poor, their abilities alone would make that hard feat on its own, especially in a gang in a pro spectral city.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 12:52 pm

Public waste room, then what the hell do they need heat for? Its provided already to stop the pipes from freezing in a city. And how would they keep it as a place to sleep?

It's very hard to find unheated places in a city. Its the people out in the open and no homes that have a problem with heat.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 1:08 pm

Mikey and his gang are too loyal to each other to be recruited into a more funded, official spectral group, which is a condition of the usual special treatment. There are groups who are upset about that, and some of them are actively trying to break up the group. Like, the Underworld doesn't really experience winter, being in a large cavern with mysterious sources of light and heat, so ordinarily it would make sense for them to just spend the winter sleeping there, but they spend their nights in what shelter they can find topside instead. There is probably a reason for that.

And just because they heat the pipes doesn't mean they heat the entire building. Heating a lot of air is expensive. And they don't keep it as a place to sleep, they just sleep in them as often as they can get inside them. Some nights they can't, because there's a cop telling them not to trespass, or a locked door, and they end up outside.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 2:00 pm

On further thought, I change my mind.

Unless everyone else is interested in this homeless plot line, I'm going to listen to more plot threads.

It seems to me that this condition they are in is self inflicted, cause if they really were that desperate, they would except the help, or find a place to live in the Underground, considering they were powerful enough to take out a rival spectral group so making they're own territory and defending it, if not just hide in the place, there shouldn't be a problem, and it seems they have no problem getting in, so being locked out isn't a problem either. There is also couple of other factors. Can't help people who won't help themselves.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 2:35 pm

Though Sam will attempt to pursue it in character, I'm not really interested in this plotline either, to be honest. It just doesn't really catch my attention, is all. (Not to mention all the character friction. yipes.)

Regarding what I'm about to post in the IC, opinions expressed by the character do not necessarily engender those of the author. you have been warned.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 2:47 pm

I wasn't really interested in this one either, it was just the one you had triggered. I'm not super interested in the one levi is stumbling into, either, but I'll write it if you all end up going for it.

Also, regarding the poison stew thing, Salamanders are actually extremely weak, even in grudge form. Their only power is to teleport between piles of ash, after all. They're very hot, but that just means it's not worth the trouble of eating them to most spirits. Stepping on one would probably give you some third degree burns, but it'd be enough to take them out if they weren't all grudge-y. You'd have to make an actual attack of some kind if they were in grudge form, but virtually any attack would do it. They might be able to kill you if you were, like, completely unable to move or react in any way, or if there were a couple hundred of them swarming you all at once. Otherwise, they're about as dangerous as an electric stove.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 2:53 pm

I count 2 powers. Heat by itself is a power, and teleporting in conjunction can make them very dangerous, especially in large numbers. Grudges enhance all capabilities so they will run hotter, producing plenty of fire to warp around in. I'd say that's pretty dangerous.

And yeah, I understand that Von, I just have a hard time playing evil characters. Even in video games, I always take the good guy route.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 2:58 pm

Sam's no evil character. He's an opportunist who's learned to put other's needs second as a result of a harsh childhood.

I dabble in writing a bit, and I used to write nothing but one dimensional idealists. I'm trying to expand my repertoire. I'm actually still having a hard time being as rude and self-serving as I think Sam should be, but alas. I'll get it eventually.

Paul's opinions are pretty similar to Sam's, if the pokemon RPG ever gets into this somehow. I honestly hope it doesn't, arguing an opinion you don't hold is frustrating.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 3:01 pm

Heat is more a facet of their biology than a power. They don't have control over it, they can't make it more or less intense. It's just there. If they were to tool up, the tool wouldn't be hot, it create portals.

Also, I specialize in writing assholes, since it's easier to know what isn't right than what is.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 3:07 pm

I agree, I don't think Sam falls under evil. DnD terms, most likely a neutral alignment.

Paul I think Lawful Neutral. He has his own code, he does care about his pokemon, and the only person he hasn't bee respectful to is Snow, who earned his ire.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 3:12 pm

Spirit's don't have anything remotely like a biology, but it's kinda weird glass can hold them.

Even if they don't control their own heat, they'll still run hotter as a Grudge, its the horror factor of it.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 3:13 pm

Yup, that's a pretty accurate summation.

As for Sam, he's a perfect neutral.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 3:17 pm

You know, I have yet to see a perfect neutral. I don't think its possible except for people in coma's.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 3:19 pm

Whatever word you would prefer over biology. They have bodies that produce a lot of heat. The momticores have tails that produce poison, and really sharp teeth. Isabels spirit has eight legs. Max's spirit has a head that's kind of hand-ish.

Well, anything can hold them, because they are affected by the physical world without affecting it, but glass is preferred to wood because it doesn't produce ash if they start poltergeisting properly, so they can't get away.

And perfect neutral just means they don't care either way. Alignment isn't action, it's moral thought.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 3:27 pm

When I say perfect neutral, I mean that he doesn't follow specific moral rules and some might view some of his actions as "chaotic", but he doesn't go out of his way to cause chaos.

Essentially, everything he does is situational. But it's possible that's a different alignment and I'm just being silly.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 3:30 pm

That be Chaotic Neutral. The chaotic in the title has nothing to do with setting out to cause chaos. Otherwise, how can Chaotic Good exist?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next