The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Vote_lcapThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Voting_barThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Vote_lcapThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Voting_barThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 3:31 pm

Hm, I suppose that's true. I never got how chaotic good was supposed to work, maybe this is why.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 3:36 pm

Actually no, the Momticores actually never had poison. I let that paranoia seep into your own game, cause I'm cruel like that.

If they did, then the sword would actually produce venom as well.

And actions are defined by moral thought. Being perfect Neutral just doesn't make sense. It's basically Schizophrenia. There is no rhyme or reason to what they do, cause if there were, it would fall into atleast one of the categories. Been arguein' alignment in my crib son.

I actually prefer Palladiniums alignment system much more, as it always made more sense to me, but DnD is more well known.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 3:41 pm

Let me get an exert on this:

-DnD Pathfinder on Alignment:

Good Versus Evil

Good characters and creatures protect innocent life. Evil

characters and creatures debase or destroy innocent life,

whether for fun or profit.

Good implies altruism, respect for life, and a concern

for the dignity of sentient beings. Good characters make

personal sacrifices to help others.

Evil implies hurting, oppressing, and killing others.

Some evil creatures simply have no compassion for others

and kill without qualms if doing so is convenient. Others

actively pursue evil, killing for sport or out of duty to some

evil deity or master.

People who are neutral with respect to good and evil have

compunctions against killing the innocent, but may lack the

commitment to make sacrifices to protect or help others.

Law Versus Chaos

Lawful characters tell the truth, keep their word, respect

authority, honor tradition, and judge those who fall short

of their duties. Chaotic characters follow their consciences,

resent being told what to do, favor new ideas over tradition,

and do what they promise if they feel like it.

Law implies honor, trustworthiness, obedience to

authority, and reliability. On the downside, lawfulness

can include closed-mindedness, reactionary adherence

to tradition, self-righteousness, and a lack of adaptability.

Those who consciously promote lawfulness say that only

lawful behavior creates a society in which people can

depend on each other and make the right decisions in full

confidence that others will act as they should.

Chaos implies freedom, adaptability, and f lexibility.

On the downside, chaos can include recklessness,

resentment toward legitimate authority, arbitrary

actions, and irresponsibility. Those who promote chaotic

behavior say that only unfettered personal freedom

allows people to express themselves fully and lets

society benef it from the potential that its individuals

have within them.

Someone who is neutral with respect to law and chaos has

some respect for authority and feels neither a compulsion to

obey nor a compulsion to rebel. She is generally honest, but

can be tempted into lying or deceiving others.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 3:42 pm

Palladinium's system sounds like it would work for categorizing people in real life, to a certain extent. Just remove the evil sections, because all true human thought in the mentally sane stems from either morality or selfishness.

DnD, on the other hand, does not really work on anyone in real life.

(I looked up the palladinium system earlier, I'm not claiming I read your most recent post that fast.)
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 3:48 pm

Evil in Palladinium is essential selfishness to the extreme. I have no problem with it, I can see people and characters that falls under the evil section in palladinium. (Such as Hitler, Aberrant is an apt description of him, to the T)

Its mainly just agree that Palladinium is opposed to true neutral, they don't believe it exists, and they usually dedicate a small paragraph explaining that in their books
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 3:56 pm

I don't really see a problem with the existence of chaotic good. If you start with the belief that everything that exists now is evil and wrong, then logically as someone who wants things to be good and right, you'd want to change everything. In fact, if everything is the most evil it can be, any change at all would be desirable. That would be chaotic good, right?
And I figure perfect neutral would be having absolutely not a care in the world. You'd have to have no emotions or opinions or ideals. It's not realistic, but it's possible if your brain were to have absolutely no development past infancy.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 3:58 pm

It would also be a terrible alignment for an RPG character.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 4:02 pm

I have no problem with chaotic good as well, its my favorite alignment to use. In palladinium, its equivalent would be Scrupulous and Unprincipled, with one leaning to more good, the other leaning to more selfish, but both arguably chaotic good.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 4:30 pm

Honestly, no idea what to do.

I tried listening to the crowd, you only told me people were talking and telling stories, so I got no insight on any specifics there, so it be a crapshoot to say 'I go to one', no descriptions on the people talking either. No tags lines to draw interest.

"They say the famers daughter..."

"I got turned into a Newt, but I got better..."

"GOD HELP US ALL, I TELL YOU THE TREE'S ARE EVIL..."

Cool, I want to here more about this Newt guy.

Basically, it be better if you gave small exerts of what they are talking about to help draw interests to plotlines, otherwise they might be talking in adult Peanut speech. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFPXQkZE6hA

I gots the same problem with this group, all I know is that the questions don't interest me, but somehow the answers relieve them. Are they asking what cologne they should wear? How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop? Are we getting oracle answers to zen riddles here?

I need a little more than 'uninteresting.'
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 10:23 pm

They're asking questions about things you don't understand, since you don't have the backstory required. Owstt is there to answer any one question you have about anything, but only the one question. If we end up having you attend another meeting, you'd be able to ask another, or if you were to end up with him outside of a meeting you could talk to him about whatever. Most people ask him things that will help them with a very specific problem they are having, so you won't understand or care about what they want to hear from him. As for the group conversations, I hadn't thought of adding taglines to help you out, so that was my mistake.
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 4:13 pm

the urban edition begins to shut down... again...
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 6:04 pm

Yo, Levi, it's only been 3 or 4 days. chill out. This is hardly the longest we've waited for an update, even ignoring the dead period.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 9:16 pm

Yeah, sorry, I'm working on a reply. I just got caught up in other stuff for a bit is all.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 9:39 pm

It's fine :3 Just give us a little heads up if you're going belly up on the RP. So we don't have things being uncertain. Kinda like Gutter's. It's belly up in the Gutter. XD But it's understandable, stuff get's in the way. :3
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 5:53 pm

your exit has been blocked Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 3:32 pm

was the stuff you put in italics terras thoughts or things she actually said? i have perfectly resonable responses either way, but i need to know which on to use.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 6:06 pm

" " denotes speech in the English language, while thoughts use ' ', or all italics, or sometimes other methods. I use a combination of both to help make it clear.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 9:08 pm

Levi and I will be totally unavailable for 2-3 days beginning on thanksgiving.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 9:32 pm

What day is Thanksgiving? I'm Canadian, so for me it was over a month ago.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 9:47 pm

I believe it is Thursday. I might be wrong. :/
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 9:57 pm

Yup, Thursday. American thanksgiving is the last Thursday of November, because pilgrims were too cool to give it a set date.
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 10:11 am

actuly if, we shouldnt be unavalable at all. we just have really early on thursday and really late on friday to post.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 12:42 pm

It might be three days again, levi.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 4:18 pm

Well, I don't have a post from levi right now, you know.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 4:20 pm

I meant that our vacation might be three days. Sometimes we go for two days starting thanksgiving, sometimes three. I think it's gonna be two, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Urban Edition) OOC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next