The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Vote_lcapThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Voting_barThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Vote_lcapThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Voting_barThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Empty
PostSubject: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 3:45 am

This is probably going to be a long post so I'll understand if your brain clicks and turns off at large paragraphs but please bear with with me.

Yes, as the title announces, this thread will be for a Paranatural forum rpg run. You also may notice the word 'Experiment' in the title as well. I am going try and be upfront with you guys and say this will be my first rodeo at a forum rpg. That is why it is an experiment, this is a trial run to see if this format works. I also will probably be using this to also increase my skillz as a GM, 'specially since the last time I truly GM'd was when I was about 14-15, needless to say, those adventures were fun yet nonsensical and utterly were unplanned. I would like to think that I have grown wiser and I would love to take on this challenge.

Now let's get to the important bits. I will be taking the GM mantel for this run and I am hoping for 3-6 players to join me in my little experiment. 8 players is probably going to be the max as it will be far from my comfort zone. This will be a post by post game, I will tell the story and you guys tell me your characters actions on a day by day bases. Since conflicting scheduales might be a problem, this is probably going to be a one post per day type of game. Each day I'll ask player post their actions and attempts by Midnight (12:00a.m. central USA/Canada time) and I will tell the story/result of those actions by Noon (12:00p.m. Central USA/Canada time) the next day. This is easily subject to change depending on input so don't hold out on me if you want to play and this schedule cannot work for you, I promise I will try and work something out with you. If I cannot GM that week, I will notify you guy ahead of time. IF for any reason a player is not able to play for a week or a day or has to quit, please notify me as well so we can work the situation out.

Da Rulz
I hate to be a stickler for rules but I gots ta have consequences. I will try to be as fair as possible with all 'rulings' and will try to have any issues resolved peacefully. That being said, I like say that just like baseball, 3 strikes (continuous problems with a player that are refusing to cooperate/ you have to be told numerous times to cut it out) you will be receiving da boot. All rulz of the forum apply (Duuuuuuuh) with theses rules tacked on.

1. The goal for any RPG is to have fun. That will be my goal and I also understand many people play rpg's differently and their definition of fun can be different than mine, That being said, raining on other peoples fun a.k.a. ruining the game for them is a great way to get on my bad side.

2. Since this is a forum rpg, players success are probably going to be up to me. I truth will let most actions just go as players want with no major complications as I am lazy like that, but their will be times when chance needs to take place, in which case I will most likely use a random number generator to help decide the outcome based on the situation and the character in question. Since I can not think of a way to do this in real time to prove the results, you are going just to take my word for it. If you think my ruling is bullshit, I'd like you to PM me and tell me (with tact please, my feelings are easily hurt) stating the reason why you think your character was screwed or should have succeeded, I will PM you back either agreeing with you and posting a revision of what happened or I will tell you that since neither of us can agree on a decision, a different random player will be PM'd and asked to make the roll, they will then post the results of the roll for all to see for proof of the result and the outcome will be revised depending on the results. If that doesn't sit well with you I am open to suggestions and any results made will be final and no longer up for discussion.

The Setting.
Now that the boring stuff is out of the way lets get into the juicy tid bits.
(Finally, I thought he'd go on forever)

The game will talk place in the fictional sea coast town of Gloria Messis. A town famous for its production of Lemons and lemon products and of course a major point on earth for supernatural activity. It is a rather peaceful town but most of the spectrals living there and keeping it that way are reaching retirement or are just plan lazy, a perfect chance for the new generation of spectrals to take the spotlight (after all, a town that thrives on lemons has a lot of citrus to make plenty of newbies)
Why not Mayview. 3 reasons, 1: I don't think I can quite portray the characters in the comic accurately and 2: When player characters are mixing with ongoing plot of the original source material (say players meet Darth Vader in a Star Wars game), bad things tend to happen (They kill Darth Vader, thereby preventing the timeline of the original trilogy). Other people may be fine with it, but for me, it just doesn't sit well with me. And 3: It makes the campaign an original story that isn't reliant on the comic plot but still can take place in the same universe.

Charcters Creation
If you want to join the game I am going to ask you to make a character that includes the following information and post it on this thread so that I can approve it.

Name: Name of the Character.
(High School age and up)
Description: Give a description of your character
Personality: What's your character like? (I only ask that he plays well with others, no evil guys please)
Conceipt Give the character's history and his goals like if he was born in Gloria Messis or just move their and they wish to try all the flavors of ice cream in the world. Doesn't have to be detailed, just give a brief description.
Skillz: What is your character good at? List traits and abilities, and try to be a little more specific then 'smart' or 'good at fighting', try mathmatics and Judo. Use a + to indicate that the character is exceptionally good at a skill and a * if he is a master at a skill, all other skillz that you don't list are considered untrained. You can have up to 10 regular skills with + skillz with two regular and * skillz worth four Example: *Acrobatics, +Climbing, balancing, seduction, trivia, streetwise
(Please make the skillz match the character concept)
((If you want your character good at spectral abilities, the skillz are 'Shaping:Spec-Energy' for your skill at making spectral shapes and inanimate objects, 'Spec-Animal Shaping' if you want to be punching people with dolphins, 'Spec-shot' it you want to be real good at shooting spec-shots.))
(((They can anything you want, silly as rapping, to as complex as quantum mechanics, If you have a question on skillz, just PM me.)))
Tool/Medium: Does your character have a tool or is he/she a medium? You could also put Tool-ess if he/she isn't a medium or have a tool.
Spectral Energy color: Is it Navy Blue, or a Magenta? Pick the rainbow, taste the rainbow.
Tool Description/ Medium Traits: What is your tool?/ What characteristics does being a medium give your spectral?
Spirit's Name: The spirit inside the tool/ mediums
Spirit's Description: Aforementioned spirit's description.
Spirit's Personality: What the voice in your characters head sound like?
Abilities: What can your tool/medium do? Please describe with detail the ability.

*Please post your characters by next Saturday June 1 so we can start the following Sunday June 2 at the latest. I will also be working on more of the details of the campaign and hope to a map finished to show you guys by Wednesday or Thursday. If you have any advice for forum rpgs and/or questions, please please please PM me and I'll be happy to oblige you with answers and take your advice and suggestions into consideration.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 10:33 am

Heck to the YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Im totally drawing an image for my character along with the CS
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 12:29 pm

Name: Chase Kenway

Description: Chase stands at a fairly average 5'10 always spazzing about how height runs in the family and it hasn't hit him yet. Weight class would be light weight for him. Always wearing a bright orange hoodie his dad gave him and sporting a pair of black khakis underneath, one sock black, the other orange(he apparently has a thing for Halloween colors.) his hair is cut short, but still poofy, almost always hidden by his hoodie, his eyes are blue, which he gets from his mom. and has average looks for a fourteen year old boy.

Personality: Chase is anti social, thus he always wears his hoodie, to keep people from asking about his eyes, because he gets them from his mother and dislikes them. Chase has subconsciously developed a bit of an awkward fear of girls and avoids them , He also lacks proper etiquette and does things with as little talking as possible, two thing Chase likes are computers, and video games, preferring to escape to a virtual world rather than deal with reality. Constant video game playing has made Chase become very observant and paranoid,to the point small details are easy for him to pick up on. His strategy and planning are also top notch as well.

History: Chace comes from a separated family originally an interracial marriage that didn't work out. Originally he lived his mother but the relationship became strained and so he was eventually moved with his uncle into "Gloria Messis" figuring it would easier for him to cope if he wasnt directly in the midst of it all. Over the summer Chase started to stop talking and began to play video games obsessively, if he isn't playing video games, or eating, or sleeping, then he is either in the bathroom or on the computer. this all occurred around the ages of 11-12

__Age 13-14__

after a time Chase's old controller had broken, the buttons jameed and the wires frayed he couldnt take it anymore, but he hated going outside and he hated getting ripped off by game stores even more. So he did what any self respecting shut in would do and bought one for cheap off of the internet, and it was just his taste the person who sold it said it was driving him crazy and making him see and hear things, things that he didn't WANT to see and hear. That being said it was sold fairly cheap and no one else wanted to buy it, this guy's mental heal wasn't chase's problem so he quickly bought the item. When the item arrived chase began to develop a strange attachment to it. Chase started seing shades within a few days because of his prolonged contact with the tool (IE: the controller) but rationalized it with things like " I need more sleep", or, "been starin at a screen to long". After being forced back into going outside by his tool (I DO STRESS THE WORD ***FORCED***) he has gotten used to the life of a spectral, though he hasn't found any real USE for his abilities yet .

Skillz:

+Tactician and Planning
+Observation
+Independent minded
+Good with tech
+ Relies on his mind first

Tool/Medium: Tool

Spectral Energy color: Orange with a thick black outline

Tool Description: Controller, Orange with strange black designs

Spirit's Name: Gamecrazed

Spirit's Description: A large three headed black tiger with purple stripes in its fur. It has controller buttons for eyes and R1 and L1 buttons for eyebrows.

Spirit's Personality: Gamecrazed always refers to itself in third person with three voices at the same time all of which different, one a female voice, tells him what he needs to hear weather it is good for him or not this voice sounds like hawk girl from justice league unlimited. The second tells him what he should do, this voice sounds like samuel L jackson. The final voice tells him what he DOESN'T want to hear, hard truths and facts Chase wouldn't admit to on his own, usually followed by a sadistic laugh, this voice sounds like Mark Hamill as the joker.

Abilities: What can your tool do? Chase's controller tool gives him the ability to *upgrade his stats* sacrificing one for the other Chase can diminish his speed and in return gain incredible strength, though, because of his lack of physical excercise, his highest stat points are in his intelligence, causing him to need to think of a plan FIRST before leaping into action. His stats can be upgraded twice within a half an hour afterwards they reset to normal. he can also use *cheat codes* once a day to boost any one feature, health, spectral energy/stamina strength etc etc . . . this also however has a time limit of ten minutes and is only used by him as a last resort.

Drawbacks:
Certain stats being drained have certain drawbacks for instance, draining stamina, to strengthen agility weakens defense attack and speed a little bit as well, draining speed affects agility and so on and so forth. The only stat which doesn't act like this is health, but sacrificing health points in itself is a negative.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 1:39 pm

Character excepted!

One Down, hopefully more to come.

Working on my map, I might finish it early. I will apologize in advance that it is pretty bad looking, I draw like a pre-schooler.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 9:21 pm

Map is Done!

Probably completely messed up with scale but it should do.

Link Here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pvZdbMjjwKYJFli65AuQT6-wxRpF_gVSEg7PhljEbvU/pub
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 9:57 pm

I really hope to see some great Cs's, and I hope this takes off
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 10:59 pm

I'm glad we've got an RPG thread based in the paranatural universe. This sounds like it will be fun! I'll start working on a character now-ish.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:00 am

Name: Oliver Marsh

Description: 5'11'', looks slightly chubby (emphasis on slightly) but hides impressive muscle beneath it. He's rarely without a smile on his face, but that's not to say the smile is always genuine. He wears his wavy, jet black hair long, about 3 inches past his shoulders, and makes no attempts to comb it out of his face. He wears glasses, though he doesn't require corrective lenses. He uses the glasses and hair to give people something to identify him by without trying to analyze his inner emotions, and for the most part it works. He prefers dark clothing but occasionally wears light colors when he's feeling whimsical. He's rarely seen outside a pair of cargo pants, and he loves to preach function over fashion when asked about it. His eyes are brown.

Personality: A fan of feel-good fantasy, who always wishes the world was perfect. Unfortunately, he's smart enough to know that it isn't. He lives for others and hides his own feelings and needs to better suit the happiness of those around him. This isn't just a way of making people like him, he genuinely just wants to make others happy; even if it costs him his personal happiness, as he's content to know he's made someone else's life better. He's always willing to help others, but he avoids conflict whenever possible. Generally pretends to be happy whenever possible.

Concept: He's a born and raised Gloria Messis Citizen, and is one of the cities many young "Lemonhead" spectrals. He spent his childhood learning various styles of martial arts in order to keep a powerful physical form as a result of low self esteem. This gave him a solid emotional foundation that kept him safe from himself throughout his teenage years and through to the present. His love of sour flavors and excessive need for comfort food (as a result of bottling up his emotions, as he so often does) had him devouring lemons at a completely unheard of rate. He obtained his spectral powers at the age of 14, after less than two years of his ridiculously lemon-centric diet. He now spends his time using his rather convenient powers to assist friends in need.

Skills:

• Martial arts* (Tae Kwon Do, Hap Ki Do, MMA)
  • Power-eating+
  • Shaping:Spec-energy+
  • Logical reasoning
  • Engineering

Tool/Medium: Tool.

Spectral Energy color: Tyrian Purple

Tool Description/ Medium Traits: A left-handed glove. The same color as his spectral energy, with gilded steel knuckles he added after it became a tool for aesthetic effect. He always wears an identical glove on his right hand, but that one is not a tool. He only wears the left one when he is using it.

Spirit's Name: Oniel (Oh-Nee-Ehl)

Spirit's Description: Oniel, the king of the free. He takes the form of a planet, normally, but when speaking with his spectral he becomes a bear, and his realm becomes his planet. His bear form has no eyes. Its fur is a deep, deep black that seems to suck you in; and it wears a majestic golden crown atop its head. That crown is set with a gemstone of purest black in the center, and two smaller ones of brightest white on either side. directly below the black stone is the smallest of the four gemstones, a tiny gem of tyrian purple, Identical in color to the spectral's spectral energy.

Spirit's Personality: He is absolute and enigmatic, preferring to speak in a "It shall be done" sort of tone. Though he makes no threats, his speech is intimidating and compels whoever hears it to obey his will. His attitude towards his host is surprisingly non-hostile, and the great bear attempts to counsel his tool-holder in matters of life using long, philosophical speeches and his deep, booming voice. The spectral in turn is genuinely receptive, if a little embarassed by the frank nature of some of the spirit's advice.

Abilities: Powerful telekinesis. He can manipulate objects in the physical and spiritual planes freely, though he mainly uses the ability to add significant power and speed to his attacks and movements. He can use his ability to fly when needed; and, in extremely dire circumstances, he can manipulate the bodies of other people and spirits. He rarely uses that part of the power though, both because of the extreme energy and concentration required to overpower a person or spirit's attempts at moving their own body and also because of his stubborn sense of morality. In addition, if an opponent is powerful enough, or if he is sufficiently distracted, they can overpower his attempts at control. And he cannot stop other spectrals from using their abilities by simply controlling their physical movement. Finally, while most of his telekinesis is done with the gentle force of a hand picking something up and moving it, he can also violently push or pull when needed.

I haven't played many forum RPGs in the past. If this isn't acceptable for some reason, please let me know so I can change it!
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 8:51 am

Your character is excepted, Von Aardvark.

No problamo.

(Don't worry, I'm knew to this forum rpg thing myself. That's why its an experiment. Lets see if we can have some fun from this, shall we?)
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 8:30 pm

Only one more player needed for the lower limit. Hopefully we can achieve that this weekend. I really want to see this through!
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 10:30 pm

Hopefully one of the newer so and so's will see this and join up, it'd be really great if we got to do this.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 1:55 pm

Last day, still would like one more person...

Time to initiate Operation: Jangling Keys

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Keys
(Come on, you know you want to.)
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 4:56 pm

I don't know if the problem is a lack of interest. This is the only forum thread that's been posted in for nearly the last week. And definitely the only one since I posted my character. The forums are on the brink of death. That's our problem.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 4:58 pm

I guess we can still play with two if you guys are up to it and hope more join in later.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 5:02 pm

I am indeed up for it.

In the mean time, initiating top secret operation A35: "Don't let the forums die".
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 5:11 pm

Von Aardvark wrote:
I am indeed up for it.

In the mean time, initiating top secret operation A35: "Don't let the forums die".

Initiating A35 sir,

Shall I also change the warning color from orange to red? It does mean we'd have to change the lightbulb...
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 5:21 pm

Don't worry, I'll handle it.

...There we go. That should do it.

Spoiler:

Edit: It didn't take you very long to figure out what I was up to. Do you have an RSS feed or something of the like for comments on the front page? Or was it just a good guess?

Last edited by Von Aardvark on Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 8:22 pm

I'm always up for a good RP
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 9:24 pm

Name: Jeanine
Description: Long Dark hair, 5 foot two, hazel eyes. Wears boots all the time.
Personality: She’s very upbeat, but she does have moments of deep depression. Does not like to impose on others and often is very self-deprecating. She loves to laugh, at practically anything. Makes bad jokes and likes to learn new things (depending on what they are…) Loves classical music. Little mature for her age but gets over excited when happy.
Conceipt : Born in the Sunny state of California, moved to Messis at about 10 years old. Plays piano, bit of a secret fangirl (SHERLOCK!!!) loves to read fiction novels. Likes to fight with weapons of any nature, however terrible at any long range fighting (ie. Bows, guns etc.) Mother died when 13, father’s whereabouts unknown. Lives alone in a little treehouse getup in the forest. Works at a book store. Has a little problem with depression. Plans to be the best researcher/historianscientistlikething on spectrals and spirits. Found her tool a little after her mom died.
Skillz: Good at hand to hand combat (sort of) but a little wimpy at punching and such. Nasty kick. Likes to use a metal pole (similar shape to a swiffer sweeper, shrinks and grows like one too) as weapon of choice. Not a tool. Yet. Is very good at Spectral manipulation, but horrible at running and mundane exercise things like that, so defiantly a fight not flight person. Pretty good at piano, and acceptable singer.
Tool/Medium: Tool.
Spectral Energy color: A kind of aqua green LIKE THIS (maybe greener)
Tool Description/ Medium Traits: Her tool is a Sewing kit. (yes. Everything in the sewing kit, needles, thread, tape-measure, buttons.) has a sort of growth ability, kinda like to extend things in any direction. (The item grows in weight and density too in proportion to the growth of the item.)
Spirit's Name: Eristille.
Spirit's Description: A sort of harpy/siren like thing, female human head, feathery mid-body (with wings) and webbed feet, has talons on toes. Normal human hands. Interchangeable teeth (switches between human teeth to scary fish teeth when angry). Long blue green hair, feathers are a blueish green also. Wears cloth over parts that are not covered by feathers.
Spirit's Personality: Calm, and soothing voice, although it cuts like a knife when angry. Mother like to Jeanine, kinda replaced her mom in a sense. Tries to keep Jeanine out of trouble and get her to focus on practical things.
Abilities: Fly, (with the wings), change her size (and density), swim really well. Sings well, teaches Jeanine.

sorry that it's a bit lateish. Also for an actual picture of my character, it's in the Fanwork section of the forum! Smile

Last edited by Soroya123 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 9:35 pm

We have a third player! Welcome aboard our figurative little ship, Soroya! sometimes i just sit
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 9:36 pm

Yay! I don't have much experiance with RPG like this so I will try my best!
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 11:26 pm

Von Aardvark wrote:
Don't worry, I'll handle it.

...There we go. That should do it.

Spoiler:

Edit: It didn't take you very long to figure out what I was up to. Do you have an RSS feed or something of the like for comments on the front page? Or was it just a good guess?

Actually it was pure luck. I drink it in a can.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 11:41 pm

Soroya, I like your character, I just want to get the skillz section on your character to a format like the others.

Will this Do?

Skillz:

Basic Hand to Hand Combat

+Pole-arm Combat

Pianist

Singing

Weak physique

Shaping:Spec-Energy

Spec-Animal Shaping

+Spec-shot
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 2:28 am

Yay Very Happy We got three players. The Game officially starts in the morning. Remember, to keep the game going, I ask everyone to post your character's actions at least once a day before midnight central USA/Canada time and I will give the results of those actions and continue the plot before noon the next day.

A Silly Example of Play Format with Chickens:

GM: Farmer McGuffin opens the pen and looks at the three chickens in the centerfold. He licks his lips in anticipation and pulls out a fork and knife. "Dinner is served." grins the farmer.

Player 1: Chicken 1 stares back at the hungry farmer with fierce determination and charges headlong squacking with the intent to pecks the farmers eyes.

Player 2: Chicken 2 does what any reasonable chicken would do. Run around in circles in panic.

Player 3: The Rooster sits back and watches, ready to make a run for it should the farmer come at him.

GM: The Farmer is surprised by the fact that chicken has decided to charge him. He reflexively swings his knife at the charging chicken.

Then the next round of actions continue the story.

Gloria Messis is a town in California founded by a John Tarch after California Gold Rush in the 1850's. Not many records were kept on why he started the town but local legend says when Tarch didn't hit rich with gold he got so frustrated that he decided just to grow his own 'gold' (lemons), people then followed his example and a town formed as a result. He has a statue in the park. The town did well for numerous years growing lemons and dabbling a little into fishing and occasionally some other plants when cycling the crops to help the soil stay fertile. But, times changed and the town started to fail, and after a few bad decisions by the mayor at the time, the town almost went bankrupt about 20 years ago. Their saving grace came when a major cleaning product company came in and helped pull the town from debt by making cheap and effected lemon-based cleaning supplies. Even that though wasn't able to last as the company was drowned out of business in nearly all locations and the plant set-up on the island next to Gloria Messis was sold to a wealthy entrepreneuring family. They brought the plant up back to it's former glory and then some, allowing the town to share in the commerce and wealth that it hasn't seen in ages. Most say that this is the wealthiest the town has ever been.

Some People of Note.

Mayor Frump

Mayor Frump is a short sorta of round fellow, always wearing a grin on his face. He is a friendly and charismatic man that the whole town seems to like and enjoy his company. While he is not very bright, he is very passionate about improving the town and increasing the quality of life there.

Miss Wincea

Mayor Frump's assistant and the generally the 'power behind the throne' so to speak. She is the smarts behind all of the Mayor's plans and ideas and is a shrewd woman that you do not want to cross. She is fiercely loyal to the mayor.

Philip Kingston

Head of the newly renamed Kingston Lemon Lab on 'Clean Island' he is the man who bought the dying company on the island and brought it back to life. He doesn't get out much and is rumored to be a germaphoeb. He is an active spectral in the community.

Lance Lao

The school janitor for both the middle school and the highschool and an active spectral. He is a very large and muscular man of Chinese decent that speaks very little. His job as a spectral is to scout out and find budding spectrals and give them a place to socialize with other spectrals their age and teach them the basics.

Robert Daniels a.k.a. 'Bob'

He is an active spectral living at the edge of town right next to the main road for the town and the lemon fields. He is a worker in the fields and acquainted with almost everyone in town. He provides a place for spectrals to practice there abilities and tools in a huge underground bunker that his shack was built on top of.

....................................................................................................................................................

And now the game begins. All out of character and meta conversation shall now be colored orange for convienance and to make sure that it isn't mix up with game talk. I probalby will also be using colors to distiquish characters who are speacking.

Welcome to the town of Gloria Messis, the small town built on its lemon production and a nexus for supernatural activity. Ghosts, spirits and other such various oddities are kept in line by the towns local spectrals, humans that can see and interact with the supernatural and use tools to accomplish supernatural feats. On this bright, Monday school morning, our protaganists wake.

hint:
(Describe Morning Routine and what they take with them to school."
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 2:00 pm

Chase looked up at the blinds in the window to his room, seeing a small ray of snshine crest over the hilltop. he rolled his eyes and said to himself 2 minutes and 4, no 2 seconds . . ." it was exactly 7:27 in two seconds it became 7:28 "I'll take at least ten minutes to defeat the boss at the end of this door minus the time the two battles will take, which is 4 totalling 14, I'd better scrounge for supplies this last minute and 48 seconds." Chase estimated the time perfectly everyday, knowing the perfect time to get up, the amount of time each daily morning ritual took and the best way to get out on time if he was running late.Chase took no pleasure in being away from home, or the preparations in doing so, he sang no songs in the shower, put on no music in his room, in fact the only sound heard throughout the house was his uncle snoring. Chase sat in his room, finished ten minutes early, he needed . . .time, to prepare himself for another day of school. As he sat there, thinking and packing his bag his controller vibrated . He scowled at it " No, there is no way I'm taking you with me again." The controller vibrated again "VMMMMMM" and chase started to argue with the possessed thing " Why? WHY?! because the last time i brought you I winded up chasing a ghost into the girls locker room (WHICH YOU KNOW I AVOID!) and winded up getting caught looking like a psycho while i did a bunch of backflips and strangled toilet paper!"
"VMMMMM VMMMMMMM!" he grabbed the controller half ready to throw it "Fine, but im only bringing you in case of DANGER, no ghost helping, no ghost chasing , and no ghost strangling." with a deep sigh he pulled himself out of bed, grabbed his bag ( which holds basic shool supplies, lunch and a few gaming magazines and tucked his tool (controller) into his hoodie's inner pocket.

Sorry i went into my normal highschool time XD

Last edited by SpiderVoodoo on Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next