The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Chapter Five - Page 15 Vote_lcapChapter Five - Page 15 Voting_barChapter Five - Page 15 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Chapter Five - Page 15 Vote_lcapChapter Five - Page 15 Voting_barChapter Five - Page 15 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Chapter Five

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

Chapter Five - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 3:51 pm

(Oh, you did! I'm sorry Sad I fixed it now.)
He was stepped on by a rather heavy armored guy, so on top of being burned it would make sense that he got a little crushed. In fact, I think they actually said in-comic that he had some, if not broken, then at least cracked ribs. So, injured ribs plus big ol' burn wound equals pain banquet for doctopi.
Back to top Go down
howlingwolfonfire
New Kid
howlingwolfonfire

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 4:28 pm

I'm not familiar with broken bones or burns either but I'm guessing Spender would definitely be in more pain considering his circumstances. It's hard to tell if Max's break was clean or not (judging by the panel showing the break it looks like it could be either rather widespread or a very clean)

I still say it's Zarei based off the hand and the spectral energy...although this could be one hell of a red herring if the angel character happens to have the same hand structure and spectral energy.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 4:31 pm

I think it was pointed out that the shade of green the hand is using is slightly different from Zarei's, but that might just be the surrounding colors messing with our vision. I think it's Zarei too, but it could be a lot of people, most of which we haven't met yet or don't know at all.
Back to top Go down
howlingwolfonfire
New Kid
howlingwolfonfire

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 4:41 pm

Because I'm way too devoted to this series, I pulled up the panels with the hand and Zarei's past spectral energy and found that they are virtually identical.

As pointed out by Apophyllite on another page and seen in this third panel Zarei is wearing the feathery thing shown in the panel. It's gotta be her.

Last edited by howlingwolfonfire on Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Apophyllite
Seeing Shades
Apophyllite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 5:42 pm

Ah yeah, the screen I was viewing this on earlier was way too bright so it looked like a pretty pale hand with white energy, but looking at it on a darker screen, it is in fact green... And I also kinda linked to Zarei wearing those clothes (no one reads my posts Sad  ), so I guess this basically confirms it's her...

So yeah, I guess Spender's sad pause has to do with Lucifer's scolding and his initial refusal to seek help from Zarei... Now I'm really wondering what happened between them... Maybe flash-back time to Spender and Zarei as spectral kids? :0

Also, pretty sure the Angel character is a spirit and not a spectral... (My theorising that it's the Vice Principal or the Principal was just joking...)
Back to top Go down
howlingwolfonfire
New Kid
howlingwolfonfire

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 6:02 pm

Oh! I'm so sorry that I didn't notice your post with the same pointing out as mine Dx My bad! I'll edit my precious post to make light of yours.

That would be so cute can you imagine tiny spender and zarei being friends omg that's adorable

Yeah, that makes sense. I wonder if she is connected to any of the other characters indirectly (besides the doorman and forge of course)
Back to top Go down
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 12:44 pm

I was gonna say it's like that Dr. McNinja comic where they were talking about why a vampire can't drink it's own blood and using that as a comparison for why Benjamin Franklin can't eat his own hair... Actually this makes no sense at all out of context. I guess you had to be there. ,'-y
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 5:11 pm

I think I'd have to agree with you on that, but I guess I get the gist of what you're trying to say. It seems to be a bit like where in Fairy Tail when Natsu was explaining why he didn't eat his own fire.
Back to top Go down
howlingwolfonfire
New Kid
howlingwolfonfire

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 6:32 pm

I kind of got what you were saying Con, but NK clarified it for me (because I'm a huge weeb xD)

Although if Doctopi stop eating pain would they simply cease to be or is it something that they don't have to do, but want to because it tastes good? If a creature could survive by literally eating it's own pain then that would be horrifying to say the least.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 12:54 am

Yeah, no kidding. (Glad I could be of help!)

Though, it seems to me that doctopi wouldn't be able to stretch themselves so that they could eat their own pain. I think their suckers have to be in contact for the pain to be absorbed.
Back to top Go down
howlingwolfonfire
New Kid
howlingwolfonfire

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 7:11 pm

That's true..unless the pain was in their suckers...but I really would rather not think about that

New page!
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 10:47 pm

1) Her bag is alive?
2) Her bag lives in...a forest undergrowth?
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 3:12 am

I think her bag is a tool/spirit, most likely?

And I have no idea what she just did. At first I thought maybe it was a card, but then I was like nah, probably not, so now I have no clue.
Back to top Go down
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 3:36 am

Voodoo doctoring?

a witch doctor doctor?
Back to top Go down
Apophyllite
Seeing Shades
Apophyllite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 9:08 am

:0 yay, just what I was hoping for. So cool that she can use her spectral energy as thread to sew wounds shut. Sciency spectrals are the best, I hope we get to see more of the scientist side of the Consorium...

This page finally proves that what she did here was transfer her skin on Isabel to patch up the wound. Which was sorta the main theory I think but here it's shown much clearer. So the spirit in her glasses gives her te ability to transfer her skin, and it's called Patchworm. A fitting name.
Those leaves look like they're behind glass, so maybe it's a terrarium? And her spirit is probably a wormlike creature (going by the name) that probably lives on those leaves in her spirit/mindscape thing.

Also, the bag looks like it's the same one from when she was visiting Isabel's grandpa. But it wasn't floating and spirity back then. I don't think it's a tool, because I don't think tools (even after they start to look like their inhabiting spirit) can move on their own. So it's probably a spirit? And maybe it was pretending to be an inanimate object because Isabel's grandpa doesn't like spectrals depending on spirits... I think then this would be the second spirit to "obey" Zarei. It'd be so cool to have a character who befriends untooled spirits and gets them to help her out with stuff without them having to be literally forced into an object to tranfer their abilities to her.

The fact the bag can touch all that stuff does raise the question then if those medical supplies are all possessed or if there's another way for spirits to able to touch non possessed materials... Maybe there's a way to give objects spectral properties. Or maybe there's spirit material that can be used... Maybe holding things is just the bag's ability (which would make sense). Or the bag is a very powerfull poltergeist >_>

She's definitely operating on a spirit, so all her material needs the properties to interact with spirits anyway... But it looks like she's inside a spirit too? The same spirit maybe? That conveniently has an operation room like interior... With lights and all...

Way too much thoughts on one page sometimes i just sit
Back to top Go down
Apophyllite
Seeing Shades
Apophyllite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 9:18 am

NinjaKitten wrote:
I think her bag is a tool/spirit, most likely?

And I have no idea what she just did. At first I thought maybe it was a card, but then I was like nah, probably not, so now I have no clue.

It's a bandage, she put it over some gauze over the wound she was operating.
Back to top Go down
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 3:16 am

The hand print Dr. Zarei is messing with is clearly a match for the one she put on Isabel's shoulder. But Isabel still felt pain immediately after it was applied, so it wasn't actually healed yet. I think Dr. Z later has to use some kind of spirit's power to remotely heal the wound. It will now heal as if it had been stitched and bandaged without the inconvenience of actually having the stitches showing... weird
Back to top Go down
howlingwolfonfire
New Kid
howlingwolfonfire

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 7:44 pm

wow, that's a lot of stuff that I forgot/hadn't considered before Apophyllite :0

I hadn't even thought about her transferring skin before...I just thought she had put some weird ointment on it.

I thought I saw on twitter that Zack said that the bag wasn't a spirit? We're not entirely sure were Zarei is at the moment, so maybe the bag only comes alive in certain areas?

This is a very confusing page all on it's own @_@
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 12:26 am

I think it's pretty likely that it'll be (at least partially) explained at some point in the future. How far in the future is unknown, though.
Back to top Go down
PineapplePhone
New Kid
PineapplePhone

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 11:45 am

What's a King Milk?
It was amongst her list of supplies.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/pineapplephone/
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 3:07 pm

That's a good question. Probably some sort of medical supply. Maybe just some milk. I dunno for sure.
Back to top Go down
TurnTechBiologist
New Kid
TurnTechBiologist

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 12:56 am

maybe the milk from a specific kind of spirit (king cow?)
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 1:46 am

Maybe. Or maybe a specific kind of milk, like some sort of brand name milk? King Milk, King Cream, King Yogurt, King Ice Cream, etc.
Back to top Go down
howlingwolfonfire
New Kid
howlingwolfonfire

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 5:01 pm

It might just be a code name for a medicine, if it is actual milk I doubt it's from a cow xD

New page!!
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
TurnTechBiologist
New Kid
TurnTechBiologist

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 10:40 pm

... I'm only now realizing that her hand is bright pink because she transferred a layer of skin from it to Isabel...

On that note, how is she fixing Isabel up remotely? Does transferring skin allow her access to the wound later?

((EDIT: it seems like the transferred skin acts as an access point, since she recalls the skin on panels 1-4))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter Five

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 34  Next