The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Chapter Five - Page 16 Vote_lcapChapter Five - Page 16 Voting_barChapter Five - Page 16 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Chapter Five - Page 16 Vote_lcapChapter Five - Page 16 Voting_barChapter Five - Page 16 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Chapter Five

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

Chapter Five - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 11:29 am

It does seem to be that way. Interesting. I wonder if this is all a part of "Patchworm's" abilities, or if she has some abilities of her own somehow? I don't think this has been suggested as a thing, (spectrals having their own abilities, that is, without a spirit,) but it doesn't seem to be too impossible... right?
Back to top Go down
Apophyllite
Seeing Shades
Apophyllite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 1:11 pm

NinjaKitten wrote:
It does seem to be that way. Interesting. I wonder if this is all a part of "Patchworm's" abilities, or if she has some abilities of her own somehow? I don't think this has been suggested as a thing, (spectrals having their own abilities, that is, without a spirit,) but it doesn't seem to be too impossible... right?

The spectral energy coming from her glasses (which I assume is the tool that contains Patchworm) kinda suggests that she is using Patchworm's abilities to do that. I do still think it could be possible for spectrals to have their own abilities... Since ghosts kinda do...

Also, looks like we got an answer to what King's milk is... King doctopi's lower half kinda looks like an udder >_>

And the leaves weren't behind glass but probably just pressing up against the outside of the king doctopus... So, no terrarium with a cute tiny worm spirit. Patchworm is huge :0
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ and speaks in rainbows.

So the bag wasn't a spirit afterall... Just possessed by something (a spirit called Toolbox?). Of which there are others?
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ more spirit friendsssssssssssssss
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 3:10 pm

ALL the spirit friends! She seems to be something of a spirit tamer/handler/(other), yeah?
I mean, the train spirit let her use its abilities even though it wasn't in a tool or anything, and it looks like the same situation with this enormous (king?) doctopi. I wonder how many other spectrals make friends with spirits and are allowed to use their abilities in return?
Back to top Go down
PineapplePhone
New Kid
PineapplePhone

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 9:50 am

And I wonder how many spectrals are in a mental institution because the Consortium or other such groups couldn't reach them or didn't know about them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/pineapplephone/
howlingwolfonfire
New Kid
howlingwolfonfire

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 10:10 am

@turntech
yeah, that's what I assumed after we saw the hand being sent back too

More spirit friends hooray Very Happy I wonder if Patchworm will end up looking a bit like Scrapdragon in appearance :0

@PineapplePhone
Would one really tell other people about what they were seeing if no one else seemed to see it? Spectrals seem to breed other spectrals, which makes it seem unlikely that one would even be alone in this situation for long
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 11:33 am

Though, if they were alone when they became a spectral, then they might have gone insane, like Isaac alludes to after discovering Max in the first chapter. (I don't remember the exact page.)

And since we're on the topic of spectrals and things, I'm super excited for when Johnny starts to see things and/or meets Forge! *high-pitched squealing*
Back to top Go down
howlingwolfonfire
New Kid
howlingwolfonfire

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 12:37 pm

That's true, I know I'd start going crazy if I was the only one around that could see that stuff

Me too!! Where is Johnny right now even? He was chasing Ed but we haven't seen him catch up to them at all. I wonder if he'll crash the office during Spender's plan and ruin it xD
Back to top Go down
Apophyllite
Seeing Shades
Apophyllite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 1:11 pm

NinjaKitten wrote:
Though, if they were alone when they became a spectral, then they might have gone insane, like Isaac alludes to after discovering Max in the first chapter. (I don't remember the exact page.)

Here's that page.

Also, Johnny's gonna wind up in Rome instead of where Ed is... I do declare!

Last edited by Apophyllite on Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 1:20 pm

Probably, yeah. It's definitely something that would happen to Johnny!

Thanks for finding the page, by the way.
Back to top Go down
Apophyllite
Seeing Shades
Apophyllite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 1:43 pm

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ You're welcome.

I seem to have an unhealthy obsession with tracking down pages to link them here...
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 4:27 pm

Well, that's useful so everyone knows exactly what's being talked about.
Back to top Go down
howlingwolfonfire
New Kid
howlingwolfonfire

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 6:20 pm

*cuts back to Johnny just racing around the school* it can't be THIS hard to lose them?! xD

Hey, at least without Stephen around the fabric of society won't collapse

Thanks for always having links to stuff, even though the comic isn't very long rn it's still easy to lose track of certain information and nice when people point it out again (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

in b4 tomorrow's update being a scribbling of patchworm and nothing else

Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 10:02 pm

Apophyllite wrote:
NinjaKitten wrote:

Here's that page.

Also, Johnny's gonna wind up in Rome instead of where Ed is... I do declare!
I also just noticed this page:
[Spender] Most in our young friend's situation begin their foray into the supernatural by blowing up buildings, or worse.

=O?!?!?
Back to top Go down
PineapplePhone
New Kid
PineapplePhone

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 8:13 am

I think its plausible, then, that people 'blow up buildings', as Splendid said, and attract the attention of law enforcement (as one would by blowing up a building) and confess to seeing strange creatures and dead people.
This also brings up the possibility that Johnny blows something up (probably not a building, but lets be honest, Johnny would totally blow something up had he the power to do so).
Back to top Go down
Apophyllite
Seeing Shades
Apophyllite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 11:19 am

If anyone's going to blow up buildings, it'll probably be Suzy HELLO FRIENDS

Maybe Johnny is one of the "or worse" types >_>
Back to top Go down
PineapplePhone
New Kid
PineapplePhone

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 11:43 am

Oh definitely. Still, she has yet to blow up Max's house. Then again it's only been like three days since he moved in.

Either way, we're all anxious for the fist Johnny-Forge meeting.
Back to top Go down
TurnTechBiologist
New Kid
TurnTechBiologist

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 8:53 pm

so many cans of juicy patchwyerms to open on this page
Spoilers:
Back to top Go down
howlingwolfonfire
New Kid
howlingwolfonfire

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 9:02 pm

Oh man, I am so hoping for a blown up building or three when the meeting happens Very Happy

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PineapplePhone
New Kid
PineapplePhone

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 9:15 pm

If you haven't read the page after the last two posts you must be okay with spoilers

She knows Issac enough to know that he's at odds with Isabel, and that if she loses her, she gets him. Of course, this could be made obvious to someone seeing their bickering, however it still takes quite an eye. She's clever, very clever and it would be foolish for Mr Splendid to side against her. She is still very shrouded in mystery, though from what we've seen so far, calculated moves, spirit taming, a magnificent combination of the two (do you think taming the only spirit who could get past the barrier was an accident?), she's quite frankly no one you want to mess with.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 9:42 pm

PineapplePhone wrote:
If you haven't read the page after the last two posts you must be okay with spoilers
I just kind of assume people will make sure there's no new page before coming here anyway.  Personally I don't see much of a need for spoiler tags for a webcomics whose update schedule is set in stone. Wink
Back to top Go down
Apophyllite
Seeing Shades
Apophyllite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 9:11 am

PineapplePhone wrote:
She knows Issac enough to know that he's at odds with Isabel, and that if she loses her, she gets him. Of course, this could be made obvious to someone seeing their bickering, however it still takes quite an eye. She's clever, very clever and it would be foolish for Mr Splendid to side against her. She is still very shrouded in mystery, though from what we've seen so far, calculated moves, spirit taming, a magnificent combination of the two (do you think taming the only spirit who could get past the barrier was an accident?), she's quite frankly no one you want to mess with.

Pretty sure she means spiteful against Spender. Isabel is pretty loyal to Spender so maybe even helping her out like this won't get her to spy on him for Zarei. Isaac on the other hand doesn't like Spender very much and would probably jump at the chance to talk to an adult spectral who would treat him with more respect and I doubt he'd be inclined to keep secrets for Spender's sake. So it'd probably be easy for Zarei to get Isaac on her side, just by telling him some stuff Spender won't.

I hope we'll get to see Spender and Zarei becoming friends again though. With both of their spirits pushing for it, it may happen.. I really wonder what happened between them that makes them so hostile toward even the idea of trusting eachother again. Though they definitely had a bit of a moment here...
They do both seem to be pretty secretive about something. Maybe that'll be enough to get them to team up...
Back to top Go down
howlingwolfonfire
New Kid
howlingwolfonfire

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 9:32 pm

Westbrook wrote:
PineapplePhone wrote:
I just kind of assume people will make sure there's no new page before coming here anyway.  Personally I don't see much of a need for spoiler tags for a webcomics whose update schedule is set in stone. Wink
I put it in spoilers if I'm the first one there or so just in case people haven't seen it yet before checking here. Otherwise, you're right, there's not too much of a need xD

Zarei's friendship with Spender makes me wonder how long his personal mission has been going on for and if they were friends before they were spectrals :0
Back to top Go down
Apophyllite
Seeing Shades
Apophyllite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 7:38 am

Westbrook wrote:

Due to timezones, the comic tends to update in the middle of the night where I am, most of the time. So I've gotten in the habit of checking on wednesdays and saturdays (unless I'm really bored on tuesdays and fridays and full of hope). Sometimes it does update earlier though and I come to the forum and find out there's an update because people are talking about it here. I personally don't really mind spoilers but I thought I'd just use spoiler tags just in case there's other people with a similar situation who do mind...
Back to top Go down
howlingwolfonfire
New Kid
howlingwolfonfire

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 8:43 pm

^^ Exactly

Looks like this thread needs a good kick...two pages have come out now and there isn't a single comment! xD

Patchworm easily seems like the most mature spirit so far. I really like the way he talks.

Zarei trying to get the train back to life using her own energy even though it's not the exact same shade of the train's energy is an interesting idea. I wonder what happened to other people who tried to control tools under similar circumstances...

Could the she possibly be someone we've already met/heard about or are we getting another new character?? Either way I'm very excited for what's to come.
Back to top Go down
Ignis of Cain
New Kid
Ignis of Cain

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 8:48 pm

Is she using a tool inside a spirit world? Didn't know that was possible.
Also, I don't think that her glasses are her tools. Since we know mediums change appearance after a long while with their spirits, and Zarei has been with patchworm long enough to become skilled with whatever surgery-type powers she gained, I would say Zarei being a medium would explain her orange eyes.
That, or the changed appearance of her glasses makes her eyes look orange. Might explain why using another tool caused one lens to become opaque.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter Five

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 16 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 34  Next