The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Chapter Five - Page 21 Vote_lcapChapter Five - Page 21 Voting_barChapter Five - Page 21 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Chapter Five - Page 21 Vote_lcapChapter Five - Page 21 Voting_barChapter Five - Page 21 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Chapter Five

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
PineapplePhone
New Kid
PineapplePhone

Chapter Five - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 12:23 pm

Nooo I loved those! Especially the Starchman one...

I used to set it as the background of every school computer I used...

But guys! You're missing something! We know that Ed is tailing Starchman,
but who's tailing Ed?
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/pineapplephone/
Blathers
New Kid
Blathers

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 8:31 pm

PineapplePhone wrote:
but who's tailing Ed?
HEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S.........

Really, the two most things I'm excited to see this chapter are how Johnny handles his spiritual awakening while simultaneously trying to punch information out of Ed and the rest of the Student Store scene.
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 5:38 pm

I spent days trying to think of what was actually in Starchmans' pocket, and I never came close.

This page is a gift from and to the heavens.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2016 10:11 am

I bet Spender wants to talk about what happened the night of the ghout train and the shadow almost killing her and max.

Or he wants to know if his sunglasses makes his head look fat.
Back to top Go down
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2016 9:36 pm

So you guys think Mr. Garcia is really Hijack? or is it gonna be some other twist?
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 1:10 am

To be honest, I don't have much thoughts on who it could be that Hijack hijacked. All I know is that awesome things are gonna go down in this wild game of guess who.

Again to be honest, when the scene first started where they didn't know where Hijack could have gone, my first guess was the principal.
Back to top Go down
Coyotus
New Kid
Coyotus

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 12:46 pm

I'm pretty sure that no matter who Hijack was in before, he jumped to Mr. Spender on page 117. Before that point he was acting pretty wacky as always but after that and with this new page he seems to be uncomfortable and sweating.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 8:37 pm

Hmm that's a possibility. It's hard to tell though, since we know that before all this, Lucifer chewed Spender out about how he was acting and "still being the same scared boy I pulled out of the river". (Sorry I couldn't find the pages this takes place at) So my first thought was that he wanted to address what happened on the train or something, which I would imagine to be tough for him cause it looked like he was about to accidentally unleash something on her and Max.

Zack is gonna keep us guessing!

Also, welcome to the forums!
Back to top Go down
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 11:41 pm

Isabel is scaaaary
Back to top Go down
Apophyllite
Seeing Shades
Apophyllite

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 11:25 am

UniversalMonster wrote:
Hmm that's a possibility. It's hard to tell though, since we know that before all this, Lucifer chewed Spender out about how he was acting and "still being the same scared boy I pulled out of the river". (Sorry I couldn't find the pages this takes place at) So my first thought was that he wanted to address what happened on the train or something, which I would imagine to be tough for him cause it looked like he was about to accidentally unleash something on her and Max.

Zack is gonna keep us guessing!

Also, welcome to the forums!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ this page

He doesn't seem to be acting like he's under Hijack's influence. He noticed something's bugging Isabel and wants to talk about it but is obviously really bad at opening up and talking about feels. A lot happened on their Ghost Train mission and he was too preoccupied with his own moral dilemmas right after to realise Isabel was having a hard time. Getting admonished by Lucifer probably helped him to at least make an effort to reach out to others...
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 10:05 pm

That does make a bit more sense. I'm not convinced Hijack would even be able to take over a medium with such... /delicate/ circumstances without setting some kind of red flag off.

On the other side of this page, it's worrying to see Isabel beating herself up over this- even if it is manifesting in misplaced aggression.
Back to top Go down
Blathers
New Kid
Blathers

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 9:33 pm

New page! 5.132!

Spender's reactions are hard to decipher - it's clear that Zack is making it purposely ambiguous as to whether he's possessed or not.

Spender's reaction to Isabel saying that he's "secretly a medium for some freaky shadow spirit" may be either surprise at her blunt approach to the situation or surprise and fear from Hijack that he might've possessed someone dangerous.

Spender also never refers to "what happened last night" specifically - although the fact that he knew that what's causing the tension happened last night specifically might rule out the theory that Spender is Hijack.

In other news, I got my sister to finish binge-reading Paranatural! woo
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 11:10 pm

Blathers wrote:
New page! 5.132!

Spender's reactions are hard to decipher - it's clear that Zack is making it purposely ambiguous as to whether he's possessed or not.

Spender's reaction to Isabel saying that he's "secretly a medium for some freaky shadow spirit" may be either surprise at her blunt approach to the situation or surprise and fear from Hijack that he might've possessed someone dangerous.

Spender also never refers to "what happened last night" specifically - although the fact that he knew that what's causing the tension happened last night specifically might rule out the theory that Spender is Hijack.

In other news, I got my sister to finish binge-reading Paranatural! woo
I am in agreement on all points! There still hasn't been enough to override my original feeling that Hijack hijacked Spender. He never gets to finish any sentences that would prove his point, especially if Hijack only got hazy memories out of it.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 1:53 am

That's true. Hijack, looks like a brain, so his powers mind have something to do with that, and the brain holds memories. What Hijack's full abilities and intentions are still unknown, so anything can be possible.

Speaking of, just coming up with a theory. Spirits of mediums are trapped in their host's body until they fully recover, right? Hijack can enter and possess people at will, but maybe it has more to do with taking over someone's brain instead?

I mean, the being able to enter and leave people at will is what's throwing me off. In "real world terms" of a ghost, they would have to be pretty high level to do that stuff on their own. Also I almost didn't have anything to support this theory,  but then I remembered this gem: Chapter 5 Page 45. This page suggests that Jeff isn't being possed since the spectral energy hammer went right through him. Maybe that's because Hijack isn't doing a normal possession? And the only time we actually see Hijack leave someone is when he got hit with all those balls, and then phases out from Jeffs head, which would be logical since the brain is there.

Maybe if Hijack can control someone's brain instead of normal possession, then I believe Spender can be a potentional host, though I wouldn't know how the spirits associated to him would or wouldn't detect something different.

I might be overthinking this, and I might be totally wrong, but man coming up with theories is fun!
Back to top Go down
megazaprat
New Kid
megazaprat

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 1:34 pm

This page makes me feel sad. Spender wanted to try to comfort her about the loss of Eightfold, but Isabel thinks he only cares about hiding his secrets.

If they do start talking, it is going to be very awkward conversation. Both have things they do not want to talk about: Isabel doesn't want to think about the loss of her spirit partner, while Spender still feels he needs to hide things from people
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 5:23 pm

Yeah... It's a shame that they haven't been able to actually talk to anybody about their problems. Especially for Isabelle, since it looks like she can't see someone wanting to talk about her problems with her or help her when there are so many people around her willing to do just that.
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 10:25 pm

Open, honest discourse is the cornerstone of human relationships. Whether it's platonic, parental, or romantic- fostering trust is important for everybody.

Not being able to talk to someone about something is a terrible feeling.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 7:28 pm

It is...

I know from both my experience and the experience of my friends. (It's going pretty well for them now though.)
Back to top Go down
megazaprat
New Kid
megazaprat

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 2:18 am

Aww! Admiring Isabel is so adorable. But by idolizing his solo action hero routine, she is just reinforcing his lack of communication.

Isabel wants to be viewed as strong, and wants her grandfather's approval. Even though he really doesn't, she sees Spender as someone her grandpa respects. So she seems to be viewing his example as one to emulate. The thing she seems to have issue with is that he does it entirely by himself. She wants to be able to help
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 11:00 am

These people and their problems. It's almost as if they're supposed to have depth and character development or seem like real people or something.(I'm joking.)

Poor things. Their problems are making the other's problems stick around, and maybe get worse. I hope that they can get them sorted out. Sooner rather than later, ideally.
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 2:39 am

A small part of me is hoping for that phone call to be Hijack /actually calling brain-bean backu-up/.

Just imagine the looks on their faces if Isabel called it like that.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 11:17 pm

Hah.

I kinda doubt that would happen though. I think that Hijack will have hijacked none of the teachers they're tailing, and that it'll be somebody totally unexpected.
Back to top Go down
TurnTechBiologist
New Kid
TurnTechBiologist

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 6:07 pm

just some jabronies
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 1:50 pm

yep
Back to top Go down
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 8:24 pm

But what exactly IS a jabroni?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter Five

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 21 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 34  Next