The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Vote_lcapThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Voting_barThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Vote_lcapThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Voting_barThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 2:37 am

You bet. All that meditation probably does crazy stuff for his mental acuity, which probably helps with the levitating a bit.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 3:17 am

You worry too much. Itll take us like three hours or less, and we will be busy serving the spirit. No time to argue. But, if we were to have a leader, itd probably be me or Jackie Chan here. He rests his hand on Olivers head for about three seconds, knowing itd be longer in Ollie-time. The rest of you are unfit to lead, and fortunately for him, the ability to grind a human body up into a paste with a thought is all the credentials a candidate for leadership needs. I mean, there are other ways to qualify, but telling someone like that they arent good enough for something is dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 3:50 am

Ryan is reminding me of something, like poking a bear...

Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 10:06 am

Arthur takes the bag of chips with obvious excitement in his eyes "that is a good point Jeanine, and not just because of the chips, its true that a leader might abuse there power, but if we have a peace keeper then maybe not as much? if we do however have something like that, then i think it should be Oliver, he is intact the oldest, most mature, and most able to force to people apart." he then swats Ryan's hand away from Oliver, for he thinks hes trying to take the juice box.

also if he was trying to take the juice box and did grab it before his hand was forced off by Arthur, then Arthur also took the juice box back and put it on Oliver's head. this is just for good measure and kind of enforcing the fact that they are good friends.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 3:02 pm

Id like to meet the guy who can find a way to abuse such a small and limited amount of power. Could learn a lot from a guy like that. Anyways, if you want Jackie to lead or police or whatever, maybe you should tell him when he isnt out of commision. He wasnt after the juice box, he was just bothering Oliver. [color=orange]Ryans all kinds of going to end up getting a comduppance, probably.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 7:00 am

Chase sits in his chair and mumbles the word". . . Oliver . . . " and goes back to fiddling with his tool. Then a genius idea hits the back of his mind "hey guys, i have a few things we need to consider" he stands up putting the controller away. "What if the spirit is angry about . . us? you know? spectrals, I mean if your people were stuck in every day ornaments and kids get to use them for super powers would you be feeling very generous with them? How would the spirit react to us? And what if the spirits being attacked by another spirit and THAT'S why its so upset there are alot of things to consider here guys, and it wouldn't really be smart to go in without some plan of action if things go wrong. Mr. Kingston's assistant said it herself that the laws of physics and science are under its control in its territory remember? Teleportation powers are MOOT there, we need an actual plan Ryan, I dont subscribe to the notion that everything's gonna be a-okay, so if you wanna be a leader so bad think of a plan."

This is one of the only times chase talks XD.

HP 150/150 (every 25 points of health can be converted to an extra skill point, EX: health-points minus 25 for a new skill point, health bar becomes 125/125

Stamina/Spectral Energy: 175/175 (same concept for skill points but subtract 50 instead of 25) Stamina is used up at a rate 5 every minute, with figthing, and running

Atk 4/15 (the average strength of, well, someone who never excersises? Im gonna say normal kids would be like 6 and strong kids would be 7-8 the rest bordering on men and superhuman)
Def/3/15 (the use of this depletes his stamina even faster about 2x's as much)
Spd 6/13 (this encompasses agility and the like as well)
Int 14/15 (well, duh)

Along with what was said by Eragon earlier, the only way these stats would change is NON-spectral excersise, if he trained to become faster, his stamina and speed would go up, but his tool's abilities would never have changed, HE did.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 8:09 am

If [color:17e4=56bd8b]teleportation doesnt work then nothing will. No attacks, no amount of running, no blocking, nothing. This will either be fairly easy or we will all be dead regardless of any action we could take. Additionally, any plan we make now, here, sitting in this coffee room without knowing a single thing about the spirit we want to fight would be entirely useless except as vague guidelines to what to do if it attacks, which is hope it lets us escape its territory, or else chases us off its terriitory so we can pacify it by any means necessary. The only one of us with anything even remotely resembling a chance if it wants us dead is Mom, and that is itself not a sure thing. So you want to know my "plan" of attack? Do what you can go avoid dying immediately, dont hit the spirit if you can avoid it, and try to talk your way alive. If youre a spectral, you'd better get usef to begging for your life. There are a lot of battles that you cannot win. There are a lot of times where maybe the thing you have to fight is omnipotent, or maybe your own impotence is compounded by it, and you dont stand a chance of winning, and the only way not to die is to dodge and hope. If the spirit just hates spectrals then what Lemon-tool askd us to be is human sacrifices. So when its time to meet the spirit, Mom goes in first, we keep some kind of contact or communication, and she takes a flare or something, and she only launches it if its safe to go on. If she doesnt launch it, we dont step onto this things territory. If we see it launched, we confirm that its safe using the communications device, and then we go on. If its dangerous she teleports away as quickly as she can and hope she gets home, and then we either barter with it across the border of its territory, capture/juice it if it comes to this side of its territory, or go find the guy what hired us and tell him we failed. If she doesnt signal or make it back, we've still failed, and now theres a dead body on top of our failure. Have you even seen a corpse, outside of your shitty games? Because you will now that you have these powers. Youll see a lot of them. People die all tthe time, especially us. Understand, you dumb baby rookie? The chances that all of us get our alive and the chances the spirit just wants some spctral chores and gifts are very nearly the same.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 9:26 am

Gotta say, sprite, I flippin love your character XD

also i dont have anything to add
Back to top Go down
Plattrom
New Kid
Plattrom

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 1:37 pm

Jeez, no need to scare off the new guy. He's probably frightened enough already. Besides, I think if this spirit was even somewhat dangerous, no one would be looking at us for help.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 11:04 pm

You have a point there Iris. However, a spirit that has power over the Laws of Physics is pretty daunting and Ryan is right in the fact that if we SERIOUSLY tick this spirit off we might not make it out alive. 
 However Ryan, I am not a fan of sending in Iris first. Perhaps instead of any of use stepping onto it's territory, we stand at the edge and talk to the spirit that way? Just a thought. 
Jeanine leans back in her chair, sipping her drink and watching the faces of the others for signs of agreement or disapproval.
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 11:40 pm

[color:1cc0=56bd8b]Well, ideally, it would be sitting on the edge of its territory and we could open a parley with it without entering its territory. However, its much more likely that it spends most of its time nearer the middle, where it can use its powers most efficiently. It doesnt want to leave its territory by accodent, itd be powerless there. And we dont really have any way to draw it out... But yes, if it is possible, we should stay outside its territory until we are certain it doesnt want to kill us all. And then exercise caution in case of deception. Mom only goes in if she has to. We should be prepped for her to head in. Hey, Brat, do you know where you can get some comm devices? She can probably use a spec-shot as a "flare", but we should still have contact with her. You are basically the mule of this group, with your wallet.

Last edited by Asssprite on Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 11:44 am

is anyone else having malware detection problems when they try to visit the paranatural website?
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 11:45 am

Wrong thread for that, I'm afraid. I put a similar post in the current update discussion thread, we can discuss it there if you want.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 9:27 pm

Hey guys, finally in Washington and working on unpacking and settling down, the plot shall start up again tomorrow and I'll post Tuesday's GM post sometime tonight.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 3:16 am

As you six are in your discussion, the door opens up with a bang as Pepper and Melissa enter the room.

Pepper is wearing combat boots, camouflage pants, a black tan top and a red bandana on her forehead with black football paint on her cheeks. She enters the room waving flag on a pool. The flag depicts a lemon that is exploding like a grenade.

Pepper blurts out in her usual hyper fast speech "Hey guys, sorry I'm late, but me and Melissa had to finish this aaaawesome flag. Melissa is a real good artist and did most of the work, but I helped!" Melissa just proudly smiles out her work and pushes her glasses up. "Anyways, I am raring to go and kick some spirit butt! Oh, I also brought my best business clothes my Mom got me for that business brunch she had in Seatle, which was boring. Anyway I brought my business suit if you guys want to go in all 'diplomatic' like, but I thought I burst in with these clothes first because I thought it would be cooler!" So what's the plan?

As Jeanine, Iris and Ryan explain the conversation so far (mostly Iris and Jeanine, with side remarks and snickers from Ryan) Melissa moves out of the doorway, and goes sits down in her usual seat and opens the book she was carrying. Arthur and Chase mainly watch the goings, Chase trying to inch his way to behind the crowd in a vain attempt to not be noticed by Pepper, and Arthur is mostly eating his bag of chips because he figures they got it covered. Oliver is oblivious to the situation as he is mediating in commune with his Spirit, things moving to slow to notice without carefully looking and busy keeping his mind clear.

After you three finish explaining the conversation, Pepper responds "If Iris doesn't want to take point and meet the spirit first to see if its safe, I'll do it! I can totally take anything it throws at me!" She hops up and down with excitement.

Jared then appears outside of the doorway behind pepper, wearing his usual leather sleeveless vest, a t-shirt with something rude on it (todays says "I was told to go to Hell, I sent them a postcard."), jeans with rips and holes in the knees, and a yellow bandana over his dark brown hair.

"If you done "discussing" like a bunch of kindergardeners with mister Beach Bald (Ryan) over there, I'd like to be on my way to collect my green."

He then tosses a can over to Chase, who catches it. It's a Pelvic Thurst PELVIC THRUST!.
"It's a late present for your party from yesterday. Congrats, your a freak like the rest of us."

Your Turn
(Hint: More discussing, Why the exploding lemon?, agreeing to go, compliment Pepper on her excellent fashion sense.)
((Comments: Do you think Pelvic Thurst is the Paranatural Universe equivalent of Monster, and if so, do they taste the same?))

I see the color thing is having a little bit of trouble with you guys. I don't mind, just thought you ought to know that the color in some of your posts isn't always there, mostly because it's missing the end bit.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 11:56 am

I sometimes forget the # and then I can't go back and fix it because it doesn't show up in the editor anymore, and instead the text within the editor is green and I can't see the tags and the text outside is white and I can very clearly see the broken tag. Also it'd be kinda lame if it tasted like monster.......................... I do declare!

Hold up there, Chatterbox, what can you even do besides make a fool of yourself and spook Nerdlinger like he's a dog that's been abused in the past and now doesn't fully trust any people? Because, you know, neither of those things are particularly helpful unless this spirits a big fan of comedy. Actually, same question to the rest of you losers. Once you've answered that, I suppose we can be on our way, and then we can finish the mission and the band can break up. Maybe one of you will be useful. Kind of doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 6:25 pm

There's a button in the editor interface that will make it just display the BBCode instead of the preview. It's handy for that sort of thing.

Oliver opens his eyes, revealing that they are not glowing. He had, in fact, ended his spirit conference as soon as his spirit informed him the door had opened. I don't want to force the others to update him on the situation, this seemed like the quickest fix.

I'm curious about that as well, actually. We need to know what powers each of us possess, so could you please share? I'll update you on what the rest of us can do later, when Ryan's less likely to be a pain about it.

He grabs the juice box from his head and punctures the top with the straw, then downs it in one long sip.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 9:33 pm

Pepper your outfit is very cool, but hopefully we will have a very diplomatic and non-violent communion with the spirit
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 10:20 pm

Besides, Chase said meekly, as we pretty much discussed, we'll be toast if we try to fight it anyway, Kingston said it does this every once in a while though so it shouldnt be a severe issue.this should really be nothing more than pulling a proverbial thorn from a proverbial lions paw.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 3:21 am

Pepper's Response to Ryan:

"That's... very vivid imagery Ryan. I don't make Chase feel that bad, do I Chase. He's just shy and all he needs is a ray of sunshine to emerge from his cocoon and be the social butterfly that's in all of us. I'll happily be his ray of sunshine (whispers barely audible* ... and whatever else he may need)

Also, my mama didn't raise no fool!"

Question on abilities Pepper:

Pepper puts her finger on her chin, and thinks for a moment. "Let's see, I do gymnastics, I have excellent people skills, I know how to box and my coach says 'I got moxy', my fashion sense is indisposable, I have 8 years of spectral experience, I can cook, I can-"

"Pepper," Melissa pipes in without her eyes leaving the book "They mean your ability as a medium."

"Oooooooooohhh. I can go all 'Iron Man' and kick spectral butt!!!"

Jared response to asking about his abilities:

"I hit things.

They don't get back up.

If you guys are going to pussyfoot around all day, I'm just going to go. I can take someone with me on my bike, but only one of the girls. No offense, no other guy is going to touch my Cycle and keep that finger."

Your move
(Hint: Second verse, same as the first)
((Comments: Remember, the future is going to suck.

According to most Science Fiction writers.))

Sorry for the characters being vague on there powers. Pepper is not a detail oriented person, so describing anything would be vague and probably go into weird directions and will barely make sense.

Jared on the other hand could care less and wants to go. He'd rather demonstrate his power then explain it, on a live target, and it will hurt.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 3:37 am

Well, it seems the cavalry has arrived to save the day. Too bad they arrived in rusty little red wagons with several wheels missing, and the enemy has machines ripped straight out of japanese science fiction. Hitting things and "iron man"ing against what is essentially a deity... Well, whatever. Maybe Nerdlinger will be able to turn into a butterfly and carry us away. And I still dont know whats going on with Bookworm... In the interest of trying to avoid giving Nerdlinger PTSD before we even see the spirit, Chatterbox should go with Punk. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll scare her into shutting up. The rest of us will walk, I guess, unless Mom wants to teleport, or Lemonhead got us a chartered bus. The last one isnt all that likely, though. The jerks probably too busy snorting lemon seeds toeven think about us. At this point he is literally sneering at everyone.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 3:52 am

Jared immediately moves up to Ryan and stares him down, (he stands about an inch taller, only because he is two years older.)"Ya, I hit things water boy. Want me to demonstrate? Lets go outside and I'll shove those goggles where the sun don't shine and we'll see who kisses the pavement Jockstrap."

So we're clear, Melissa was never recruited to go in the story line. Just making sure you guys know cause at the moment, she thinks you are only talking about those two.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 8:35 am

mmnnyurrh uhh pepper I dont ... ummm i just . . .OH HEY WOULD YA LOOK AT THAT SPCIAL TIME EVENT! Chase pulls himself out the conversation by pulling out his 3DS and pretending something happened on it, despite it not being on, and there being no internet. . . and the fact he refused to look up from it
Chase you do realise that she.. . .the other  two drowned out the female ones voice, either that or chase started to mentally block out GC because nothing after that came through.

Chase was apprehensive about getting involved, but hey, didnt Ryan deserve to get knocked off his pedastal? why did chase even have to get involved?
Back to top Go down
Plattrom
New Kid
Plattrom

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 9:09 am

Iris sits down, holding her head up with her hand, and observes the others for the time being. What a bunch of lunatics.
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 10:11 am

"so, by what I've heard, i amuse that pepper can change her skin into metal, while Jared could be just unnatural strong? from what he said it is very hard to tell. also if we are going some place i usually have something transportation related in here..." Arthur then closes his eyes, as if meditating, his lips twitch every so often. "yup" he begins," i have a scooter and a pair of roller skates."

sorry i didn't mention this earlier but he also search his wallet for things he may or may not have in their, but this requires concentration, so it is very hard to use in a battle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next