The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Vote_lcapThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Voting_barThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Vote_lcapThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Voting_barThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 5:08 pm

Jeanine watches from the side of the group, curious about the spirit. She bows a little and says It is an honor to meet the guardian of the lemon grooves. My name is Jeanine Kando. We are very sorry for the delay and hope that you are not to displeased. We are of varying strengths spectral wise, and though Oliver and Ryan are amongst us probably the most powerful, the rest of us are NOT honor guards. Jeanine gives Ryan a pointed look at Ryan What can we do to help?
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 6:02 pm

Ryan coughs and attempts to signal that it is not a good idea to argue anything in front of the spirit, and then goes on to try to signal that most of your powers are only particularly useful in battle, and furthermore it would confer a great deal of status to us in the eyes of the Queen if we traveled with an honor guard. By the end the signal is rather complicated.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 6:35 pm

Jeanine blinks twice, hoping that Ryan would see it as "I understand". Perhaps honor guard is the wrong choice of words? The rest of us are more... fellow colleagues of the spectral nature. 
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 6:49 pm

Pepper sees all the coughing, winking, and signaling and tries to make a few of her own. They are not subtle nor can you get any sort of clear message from her, it really looks like she's just flailing her arms.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 7:27 pm

Ryan fills Peppers shoes with water with a thought and clears his throat. I do apologize for any insults from our fool. She is meant to be amusing, but really her behaviour is more aggravating then anything. I beg you elect to ignore her. In case it wasnt clear, he means Pepper.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 7:59 pm

"Maybe you should have thought about that before bringing the jester into my court. Harrumph!"

Meanwhile, Pepper is silently fuming at the discovery of water in her combat boots. She grumbles, "Stupid Ryan... now I have wet socks, that's just gross. She empties her combat boots and then pulls a towel from her duffle bag and starts drying off her feet and the inside of her boots.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 9:14 pm

Pepper. Jeanine whispers. Maybe there is a better time to do that, like, not in front of an ultra powerful being?
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 9:58 pm

Chase really wanted to get this over with and he whispers to t one bit, " Why doesnt somebody uh, distract pepper or something so we can get this done quicker? if she's busy then we can bit closer to figuring out whats wrong with the queen and going home."
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:01 pm

IGNORE THIS

Last edited by Von Aardvark on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:03 pm

"Your right!" She gleems, "Now is the time to switch shoes for the occasion!"

Pepper reaches into her duffledbag and starts pulling out various shoes. The spirit watches, clearly miffed, until Pepper pulls out a pair of yellow sandals with lemons depicted on them and her eye widens.

"What, pray-tell, are those?" She inquires.

She holds up the pair of sandals "These? Their my sandals. What, do you like them?"

The spirit blushes a little and stammers, "I-I suppose that they are rather p-pretty."

Pepper holds the sandals out. "Would you like to try them on?"

"I-I don't know-"

"Come on. I bet you would look super cute in them" She tempts.

"Well, alright." Her hand carefully grows to Pepper and raps around the sandals before returning to the spirit with the sandals in tow. She puts them on her gnarled root like feet. "Well, what say you?"

Pepper gives the spirit two thumbs up. "They look good on you!" She says with her normal level of hyper enthusiasm. The rest of you disagree with her diagnosis.

"Well, it seems I miss judged you. Your group couldn't ask for a better consultant. You there, the bald one. ]Ryan] Make sure this one gets promoted from being the town jester. It is obvious that it is beneath her dignity.

Pepper, (now rockin tennis shows with the rest of her things back into the duffle) Sticks her tongue out at Ryan, and happily skips in triumph to Chases side.

Jared rubs his eyes in shame and frustration. He mutters, Please let this day end.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:15 pm

Pepper is fool, shoot her. Don't lynch.

She's younger than the rest of us and doesn't have much of a sense of restraint, please take her manner with a grain of salt. Anyway, if I could skip straight to the point here, what is it you need? I'm sure we can help.

Oliver tries a trick he's never done before. He uses his power to create a gravity field pushing everything away from it with a powerful force in a dome shape around pepper. The force, though powerful, ends a few inches from where it starts on either side.

This leaves the area the field is in completely empty of anything and everything, so no sound can escape as there's nothing to transmit it in the dome shaped area.

There is still enough oxygen inside for Pepper to breathe comfortably for several minutes.

Edit: Also, how does a lemon blush? You'd think the skin would be too thick.

'Nother Edit: The post is here now. Still silencing Pepper because that is a super cool and creative use of my powers, and she was gonna cause more trouble anyway.

Last edited by Von Aardvark on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:17 pm

" ummm uhhh, pepper,good job, with the queen and all, i diddnt know you uh had it in you?"
Chase says this feeling the nausea begin to set in his stomach.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:19 pm

Von aardvark, you can delete your post if you want if it no longer makes sense. Just for archival sake.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:24 pm

Relocated! That should work now.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:28 pm

And rolled on chance for your action, since Pepper is right next to Chase, both are caught in the field and there is no way of actually knowing how much air they got and how long they'll last. Jolly fun.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:36 pm

Chase notices the sudden thinning of the atmosphere and takes his chances at firing a spec shot to dispel the field keeping him from comfortably breathing.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:38 pm

Yes, m'lady. I will happily take it up with the ones in charge. I have much to discuss with them regarding their unacceptable behaviour. Now, then, if I may be so bold, I would ask what exactly it is that has been causing you such distress. Have they been mistreating your land? I wouldn't trust Cleanfreak not to spray poisons on your orchards, myself. He wouldn't be so stupid as to intentionally harm your trees, but anything that targets insects or other plants would be something he may attempt. I believe his mind to be diseased. He cannot abide nature, despite its magnificence... Your kingdom is far more beautiful than anything he has created, and yet he shuns it, sending us in his stead. Were I in his position, I would visit you at the slightest of opportunities. As it stands, however, he has hired us, and so we are blessed with the privilege of your presence until we complete our duties. Of course, we will not dally simply for the sake of basking longer, though the temptation exists... We will do everything within our power to satisfy you.  Ryan nods to Pepper, as she actually managed to contribute. Of course, he mentally takes credit for prompting her to change her footwear.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:44 pm

The spec shot slams into the near invisible forming dome and disrupts it with a small 'pop'. The dome quickly breaks down and does not form. Pepper did not notice a thing. Chase has no idea who caused it, Jeanine was more paying attention to the spirit, then notices Chases shot on the corner of her eyes, Ryan is a little busy being dumbfounded. This all takes place in the matter of two seconds.

The spirit is oblivious to the current events. To concentrated on her new shoes.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:54 pm

Ryan spends a moment boggling vacantly at the groups shenanigans. He glares at each of them in turn, trying to get them to stop messing around. They need this spirit to take them seriously, damnit.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:56 pm

Jeanine, continues to wait for the spirit to respond, chewing her bottom lip. 
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 11:25 pm

Chase the opportunity to slowly inch away from pepper back to the group
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 12:03 am

Pepper latches on Chase's arm. She is not letting go. EVER

The Spirit finally looks back at the group and sees the newly found tension. It is oblivious to the cause.
"Now, now, settle down. Its normal to be intimidated by someone of my beauty and grace, but there is no need to fear."

She then turns to face Ryan. "Your compliments are wonderful for one so young. This 'Cleanfreak' though sounds like a terrible ruffian.

She turns to the rest of the group. "I apologize for my earlier rudeness, it was un becoming of me. I am Monarca, queen of this land. As your leader has surmised, I am indeed under a lot of discomfort and I ask your human village honor your agreement made with your predecessors to help guard my land. Several disturbing matters have come to my attention."

The spirit waves her hands and droplets of water slowly fly from the ground and the trees in the surrounding area past the group and form a small sphere of water. it then elongates and flattens until it resembles a full body mirror. The reflection on the water shifts and becomes more clear with a wave of its hand and the image in the water looks like a road sign to Gloria Messis. Instead of saying 'Welcome to Gloria Messis' though, it ha been heavily graffitied and the words now say 'Welcome to our Glorious Asses'.

Monarca's eye bulges slightly and visible veins appear on her head. [color defaultattr=]"Debasement to my land!"[/color] The image shifts to a different location, now into the forest. The trees are filled with the brim with spirits and some are on the ground, a couple ghosts are visible as well. "An influx of spirits, more than my forest can sustain." Suddenly a large scorpion tail appears in the reflection, and as quick as lightning, strikes one of the ghosts and pulls it from view. "Some not so hospitable.

The worst offense though,"
The water dissipates and falls to the ground harmlessly. The queen reaches under her robes and pulls a lemon. Except there is something completely off about it. It is purple. Otherwise it looks completely healthy. "Something is hurting my trees and making them produce this ugly abomination. They take my fruits golden color and replace it with this disgusting shade."
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 12:08 am

Oliver makes a mental note to himself: Ryan is king of the suck-ups.

He also dissolves what's left of the force field, grumbling and resolving to be more careful about it next time.

I was trying to say that he pumped a whole bunch more air than would normally be in the space into it so Pepper could breathe okay... but I guess since he's never done this before and his narrator used bad wording it can just be said he messed up. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 12:13 am

Oh dear. Jeanine said she turns to the rest of the group and says I can deal with the spirits in the forest, as I do live there I know the place pretty well. Although if anybody wants to help...? She trails off, looking uncomfortable. 
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 12:16 am

Oliver speaks up immediately.

I'd love to! I don't have anything else to do today anyway. Besides, I think we're all stuck together as long as Mr. Kingston's paying us. Can't slack on the job!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next