The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Vote_lcapThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Voting_barThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Vote_lcapThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Voting_barThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 12:04 pm

arthur takes out a pen and an old piece of paper , that has a couple rips at the edges, and begins to draw and label a map, asking pepper about where each of the exits lead each time they past one.
note that this map will be completely and utterly useless later, for Arthur's pen spontaneously explodes later on, the reason this happens is because i dont want to have to bring it up later tongue
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 3:14 pm

Jeanine pulls out her phone and hold it in her left hand for light, and in her right she pulls out a pin, ready to attack any spiders that might appear. 
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 5:17 pm

Don't make a map if you don't want to use it. Retconning its existence before it's even existed for more than a single post is pointless. Just keep the damned thing, it could come in handy later.

Oliver follows the others without comment. He keeps his power ready to, again, deflect any incoming spiders.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 2:56 am

Pepper grins in utter joy as Chase gives in and leads the group while still attached to Chase's arm.

As Arthur ask questions on the various exits, Pepper points them out and shows that most of them have been labeled with a piece of paper attached to the wall and the flashlight shows what is written on them clearly. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to where the exists go, one say New Jersey, another says a Sock Drawer, and a third says Turkey.

After walking about five-ten minutes down the path in a straight line, she finally lets go of Chase and shines her flashlight to the web wall to reveal another circular impression in the web wall that shimmers in the light. The circle has the label "Billboard next to Bob's shack."

Pepper then pauses the group and says to all of you, "I forgot to ask you, but could you keep this place a secret? Melissa says it would be a bad idea to let the cousinhood know about it and We have no idea how many of the older spectrals are in contact or are even in the Cousinhood." She gives you all a big "Pleeeeaaaase?" combined with big green puppy eyes. Answer in your post please

Regardless of the groups answers, she steps back to the opposite end of the walkway and turns to face the exit. "Its going to be a bit of a drop on the way out, brace yourselves guys!. She then takes of running on the short walkway and leaps into the circle, billowing magenta energy and passes through the unseen other side.

Each of you follow after, one at a time and are quickly surprised by a 20 foot drop from a back of a billboard on the backside, falling out of a ring made of rust.  Tell me how you stuck your landing

After each of you has made it through, you can see you are about 30 feet from Bobs shack (you actually overshot it a little)

The Shack is basically a large old RV, with it's tires removes and planks of wood decorating its bottom. It has a makeshift porch on its backside, facing away from the road, with a large opening to a shelter about ten feet away from the porch.

As you approach the shack, you hear an engine of a motorcycle in the distance get louder and as you look you can see Jared on a motorcycle approaching the shack. When you reach the shack, Jared pulls up and parks his bike next to the shack.

"Jock-strap will be here in about ten minutes" is the only thing he says.

Sure enough, in about ten minutes, Ryan comes running in, exhausted and confused on how the rest of you got there first.

(Hint: Look for bob, interact with ryan, Ryan can be pissed about running the whole way.)
((Comments: If you see a Caddy, kill all gophers.))

I wonder if has ever seen this thread, and what he would think of our latest insanity...
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 2:57 pm

Wait, don't tell me there actually was a chartered bus waiting for you. I didn't see one. You jerks been hiding an invisible bus from me? I was running the whole time and I had a headstart, so theres no other way to get here before me!

Well, at least we're all here. Me leaving was all you lazy jerks needed to get off your various incredibly comfy chairs, hm? I figured it would be. So, do we know where the exact edge of this spirit's territory is?

Somehow, despite the run, Ryan is able to keep going without breathing hard. Hes got those champion swimmer lungs, after all.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 8:12 pm

My lips are sealed Pepper. 
Jeanine was startled by the lack of floor beneath her feet when she jumped through the circle, but she quickly allowed her pin to grow rapidly, so that she gripped onto a giant pin pole. She slide down and landed not to gracefully, but safely avoided a twisted ankle. Or worse. 
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 10:44 pm

Of course I'll keep it a secret, Pepper. Consider it done.

Oliver, who was glad to finally make some use of his martial arts training on this ;itt;e adventure, dashes through the hole, does a flip as he falls, and lands perfectly in a two legged crouch. He tries to act nonchalant about it, but is actually really proud of himself for pulling off an impromptu unpracticed trick like that.

So... where's Bob?
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 12:01 am

Chase quickly nods his head in agreement Sure pepper, whatever ya- w- w- w- want he said so he said, his arm finally free, Upon eixiting the portal he uses his jacket, as a sort of parachute and cushions his landing by decreasing the speed of his fall.As he lands, one of the last to exit, he see's Ryan approach and mutters "why could a pack of wolves have just so happened to have been rolling by? his says brushing off webs
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 12:58 am

After agreeing to keep pepper's secret, Arthur jumps through the hole. He lands on his knees painfully, but manages not to damage anything. He stands up, brushes himself off, and looks around.

Hi Ryan. When did you rejoin the group?

Von Aardvark here. My brother, who owns this Leviatron account, is going to be away for a week. So, unless he asks me otherwise, I will be taking over for him until he gets back. This is to ensure the smooth running of the RPG. Just pretend it's still him! Eragon, if this is not acceptable, just say so and I'll try to come up with some other way of handling this.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 4:35 am

Pepper responds to Ryan "I don't know about comfy, I mean, they are school chairs. I've always wondered why they never put cushions on school chairs, maybe people wouldn't be in such a hurry to leave."

In response to Oliver "He's probably down in the shelter." She then cups her hands to her mouth and shouts down the open shelter latch. "BOOOOOOOOB!!! ARE YOU THERE!?!"

You hear a muffled sound ring out from the shelter. Hmmmph!!
You hear a couple of more scuffing sounds come from the cellar. "Pepp'r, aint that you?" Rings up from the opening.

"Yes! We need to speak with you!"

You here a bunch of climbing sounds and after a little bit, A man pops up from the shelter. He dressed in a plaid red shirt and overalls, and is wearing rubber insulated brown gloves, big work boots and a classic trucker hat the says "Eggcellent". He is a large man, a little round in the belly but by no means fat and in fact in good shape everywhere else, and he is slightly hairy with a thick beard and mustache and you all know him as Bob. Chase is the only one though who (of course) had no idea he was a spectral, and probably thought he was just an annoyingly friendly guy her lives at the edge of town.

"Heya Pepps. Wat ya need me fer. Ah gotta lightbulb that needs changing." He sees the rest of you. "Whoah, Somein big goin down?"

The group explains the situation to Bob You can roleplay this if you want, may get more info, otherwise .

After the explaination. Bob takes off his hat and scratches his shaven head."Dang, Ah knew tha queen wer cranky, didn think Philly would send yer youngins ta deal with her. Tella wat, I'll show ya how ta reach her if ya do me a solid lata." H gets out of the whole and guides you to the edge of the lemon fields in his back yard. He then explains to you that to reach the spirit, You split a lemon in half, use one half to draw a circle on a tree with a triangle in the middle, charge the juice with spec energy and any who want to find the spirit eat the other half of the lemon.

"That should open da path for y'all"

Your move
(hint: Talk to Bob, discuss an entrance strategy some more, just do it and wing it.)
((Comment: I think rituals are made because the beings who they summon find it hilarious to watch the mortals do silly things just to meet them.))

I just recently got schooled on troll shipping lingo. I am now educated.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 2:42 pm

I was reffering to one chair in particular actually but cushions would be a bad idea because they would retain smells and washing thousands of cushions every day would be a huge waste of water. Grow your own padding, if it means so much to you.

Ugh, I dont want to eat a lemon. Do we all have to do it, or is one enough?
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 4:50 pm

I'd be willing to meet the spirit if only one of can do it. Worst comes to worst I hightail my way out of there. 
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 10:54 pm

Not a good option. If it controls the laws of physics, then youll need non-physical transport. Something spectral.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 11:26 pm

If Iris consents to going in then she can go. But if not then I will go. Although not as skilled as Oliver I'm quite good at spectral energy manipulation. Bubbles are quite nifty. 
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 11:26 pm

ooookay, so now we know how to get there, but not what to o once we are there, tell ya what, we got time, whats 15 minutes? i say we just observe the thing first, maybe we can figure out what exactly is wrong with it without getting our hands too dirty, all its done so far is scare people so if we go on its land but dont approach we should be fine if we stay far enough away. It would be in everyones best interest if we, y'know didnt get hurt doing this y'know? he looks around hoodie draped over his face so that you couldn't see his eyes or his expression.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 11:57 pm

Spirit or no spirit, I'd like to eat that lemon. I'd be willing to go in first anyway, I can fight pretty well and, more importantly, I can fly out if I have to.

He turns to Bob.

On a scale of one to ten, how much pain should we be expecting to experience during this mission? Is fighting ability going to be something that whoever meets this thing will need to have? And also, where exactly is this thing's territory?
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 12:01 am

Arthur steps back, choosing to let the others negotiate. For some strange, inexplicable reason, he doesn't feel particularly strongly about any one option.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 4:11 am

Bob response to Ryan. "Y'all haf ta take a bite of tha lemon if ya want ta call tha Queen. This is basically knockin on her door, its her that lets y'all in.

In response to Chase and Oliver. "Her territory is tha Lemon fields an tha road in bahtween. Techniquely, you are already in her land.

Ah wouldn worry though about fightin her, Ive lived here mah whole life and she hadn't given me any trouble. Ah met her once when I wer younger, she may be a hand full, but she all bark, no bite."

Jared states irritably, "Look, how bout we all just go. It looks like we aren't finding it unless it wants us to, so it could just as easily deny back-up as deny us from leaving."

Some one then tugs Ryan's shirt from behind. He turns around and sees a 11 year old girl, with red hair, tied into a pony tail with a huge red ribbon. She is holding up to you a tray that has a couple of paper cups filled with lemonade. 50 cents, Mister she says in a thick southern accent. You all notice this.

Your Move
(Hint:Deliberate, go forward.)
((Comment:... Can I buy some lemonaide?))
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 5:46 am

Oliver doesn't keep small change, so he hands the girl a dollar for two cups. He drinks one and extends his hand with the other, offering it to whoever wants it.

This seems pretty straight forward to me. It's about time we got a move on anyway.

Oliver takes the lemon, and, provided there are no objections form the rest of the group, slowly and deliberately takes a bite, as if it was excruciatingly painful to take such a small bite. His selfless act of altruism ensures that there is enough lemon left for the others to each have some.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 3:24 pm

Ryan snatches the empty cup oliver drank from, then quickly rinses and fills it with water. He takes the lemon, bites off a very small piece, and swallows without chewing, at which point he grimaces and downs his water, all in an attempt to minimize the lemon flavour. The lemon is nearly unchanged from the way ollie left it.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 7:31 pm

Jeanine takes a small bite from the lemon and passes it on to the next person. 
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 10:14 pm

Chase grimmaces as he takes the lemon from jeanie when she id finished, he takes a bite and swallows, HARD, the lemon is bitter, and Chase had yet to actually have tried the thing since he got there, now even that had change, he was seriously not enjoying his time here, ezpecially when he could be in his room, lights off, shades pulled, playing skyroam. HE sighs and holds it out for Jared to take.
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 10:39 pm

Surprised that no one else has yet, Arthur takes the cup of lemonade offered by Oliver and drinks it. He then takes the lemon and bites off most of what's left.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 4:32 am

Jared and Pepper take a bite of the lemon as well.

Bob shoots a small spectral shot at the tree that the symbol made with lemon juice is on, the juices glow with his greenish-yellow energy, making the symbol more visible for a split second before fading.

You all wait in silence for a couple of minutes as you expect something to happen. When nothing does Jared speaks up.

"Wasn't something suppose to happen when we did that?" He says in an irritated voice.

Bob reassures the group "Just give it ah minute."

As soon as he says that, the tree starts to shake violently. A large crack appears on the middle of the trunk. It grows until the tree is split in halve. The ground shakes a little as the tree begins to move, its halves going in opposite directions. They abruptly stop after the gap becomes 5 feet wide, revealing a path in between them that wasn't previously there.

The path is wide and looks cleaner than the surrounding area, with a bright red carpet rolled down from far in the distance, stopping at the entrance, decorating the path.

Ther ya go. She's letting ya in. Just mind yer manners and ya'll do alright" Bob says. He then heads back toward the shack, with the little girl in tow.

Pepper, with boundless energy leaps between the trees and onto the path. "Come on guys, Allon-sy!"

The rest of you follow, Jared irritably muttering under his breath What does 'Allon-sy' even mean.

It takes you a couple minutes to reach the end of the path and find where the rug leads to. The path leads to a large clearing in the trees. at the center of the clearing rests a large decorated wooden throne. The throne looks like it was carved into a still living tree as the base has roots going into the ground and various branches and green leaves stick out from the sides and the back.

Sitting on the throne was an extremely large robed figure. The robe was made of many autumn leaves of various colors. Its hands and feet were gnarled branches sticking out of the sleeves and out of the robes bottom respectably. In one hand held a silver septer with a lemon for the top and a silver ring suspended directly above the lemon. The things head was a rather large Lemon itself. One large eye and a small nose and mouth made up its facial features. On top of its head rested a crown made of gold, small yet elegant well as elegant as it can be on top of a lemon head.

The thing looked at your group and watched you approach. When you finally stopped, a couple of yards away, It stared at your group as if sizing it up.

After a few awkward seconds, it spoke in a loud royal feminine voice. "Well, I never been this insulted in all my life. I show clear signs of distress and dismay and it takes a couple of days for you humans to come and meet my needs, and they send children no less. This is how you humans treat our bargain, harrumph!"

Pepper asks the spirit "Are you distressed because your head is a lemon? I know it would make me distressed. I mean my head got turned into a turnip once and it was no fun."

The spirit stares at Pepper for a little. "... I stand corrected, Now I have never been this insulted in all my life."

"Its great to experience new things in life isn't it."

The spirit seemed to have an aneurysm from this as it seethed in frustration.

"Pepper."

Pepper turns around and smiles "Yes?"

"Shut. Up. Now"

Pepper looks at Jared, first with a surprise then pouts extremely hard at him. Jared does not waver. Pepper then gives up and sits on the ground quietly.

your move
(Hint: React, react, react. ask questions)
((Comment: Jared, your heart must be stone to not give in to the Pepper Pout.))

I am sad to announce that Plattrom is no longer a part of the game. Plattrom has not posted in five days, nor responded to my pm's. The site says she has visited for two of those days so I have no idea what is going on. As such, her character no longer exists, mainly because it is early enough to do that and I have not gotten permission to use her character so I don't feel comfortable doing so. I wish the best of luck to Plattrom, my sincerest apologies if life came up and got in the way.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 1:43 pm

Upon seeing the lemon-head, Ryan becomes visibly enraged for half of a second. The next second, though, he doesn't show any emotion at all, and he moves to stand in front of the group. I'm afraid you will have to blame... Cleanfreak for that. Ryan neatly avoids calling him Lemonhead, this time, for obvious reasons, but he refuses to actually say Kingston. He seems to think some festival is more important than personally honoring any contracts he may have with spirits. However, between me and Mr. Chan over there, I'm certain we can handle any problems you may be having. The rest are essentially an honor guard. Please, m'lady, tell us what is it that is distressing you, so we may rectify the situation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next