The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Chapter Five - Page 19 Vote_lcapChapter Five - Page 19 Voting_barChapter Five - Page 19 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Chapter Five - Page 19 Vote_lcapChapter Five - Page 19 Voting_barChapter Five - Page 19 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Chapter Five

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

Chapter Five - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 1:51 pm

Yay, you're back! Glad to see you again, even if you're undead.

Yes, I agree fully! That school store seems awfully ominous...
Though, there's also the possibility that Johnny and co. just dressed up the outside of it to make it look more menacing and the inside is just normal. I wouldn't put it past them.

I'm always excited for the next paranatural!TM
Back to top Go down
howlingwolfonfire
New Kid
howlingwolfonfire

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 2:02 pm

Aw man! I should've come back as a ghost D:

That would be hilarious, but then what would be the bar featured on the chapter cover?

As am I™
Back to top Go down
howlingwolfonfire
New Kid
howlingwolfonfire

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 2:04 pm

Actually, another thing I noticed is that Max slips into past tense in the page before this one. Has this ever happened before?
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 2:42 pm

I don't know...

Oh! You're talking about when he said "I had plans" right? That isn't a slip-up-it's a totally acceptable use of past tense. See, Max is saying that he had plans; that is, he had already had plans before they started planning who would tail which teacher and whatnot. And, of course, he's saying that because someone slipped him that note to meet up at the school store, so he had been planing to go there when he might have been assigned to tail a teacher, had he not been injured during the game of Hitball.

Did that make any sense at all?
Back to top Go down
howlingwolfonfire
New Kid
howlingwolfonfire

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 4:52 pm

Ooooh, yeah that does make sense! The way it was formatted seemed odd to me, plus I haven't heard the word "had" used in that context very often. Usually if someone was thinking I'd assume they would use "have" instead xD Thanks for the explination!

Boy I can't believe I almost made a conspiracy theory out of one line AAH!
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 6:05 pm

It happens all the time, don't worry about it. (The conspiracy thing, that is.)

Also, I'm glad the explanation worked for you!
Back to top Go down
PineapplePhone
New Kid
PineapplePhone

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 12:54 am

I feel like with the complicated and mysterious comic that Paranatural is, many fans try to come up with conspiracy theories, even out of the blue. It's sort of a game, I think, between the author and the reader to see if the reader can guess what's coming up next. Paranatural is great for this, what with the excellent and subtle foreshadowing, the well-crafted yet unknown world, and the mysterious characters whose motives and past are rarely clear. Even when we think we do know the truth of a character we find out later that we really have no idea.
One of the aspects that I really love about Paranatural is that there isn't a clear good and bad. Is Spender bad? We wouldn't think so, but he's done some shady stuff, and quite frankly we don't have the perspective to determine it. Isaac and the Doorman? Are they on the 'right' side? What side is that exactly? The Consortium? To be honest, they seem shady too. Even when Forge was introduced, I think everyone saw him as a likely antagonist but I'm not sure anymore. Not at all. Even the main character, Max could go either way. What with Scrapdragon being a grudge, not to mention the seemingly evil entity that has the ability to overtake him (What was it called? Blerg or something?). But even this entity we don't know the motives of. He could be a freedom fighter, or a mercenary, or neither. We have no way of knowing anything.

Part of me is afraid that Zack will get us rooting for a character, relating to them, deeply emphasizing with them, only to reveal that they are a mass murderer or something equally terrible. Although to be honest, part of me is eagerly hoping for this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/pineapplephone/
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 11:29 am

(I call the mysterious entity Riddle, and when I found a key for the language Doorman spoke in, he referred to it as "Riddlesand Wordgames" or something like that.)

YES I agree with everything you just said. You can guess at things, but nothing is solid or clear on the motives and pasts of the various groups and characters. It's part of what makes this comic so exciting; you never know what new secret will come out and surprise you next! Personally, I actually kind of liked Forge when he was first introduced, (even though he has a bit of a temper,) and I still like him now, but I don't think I ever thought of him as a potential "antagonist," per se. I think that the dynamic of the groups here is Max as the protagonist, and everyone else as potential allies or enemies, as there doesn't seem to be a clear main antagonist here.
Back to top Go down
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 3:37 pm

Ed was the one Johnny recognized in his blurry cell phone photo so he would be a prime suspect...

Me? I'm just waiting for the climactic moment when Johnny out of nowhere melts something or lights something on fire. Hopefully Hijack, and not the person Hijack is possessing at the time.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 1:14 pm

YES I fully agree. Johnny becoming a spectral is one of the things I was most hyped about when Forge first turned him into a medium, and him realizing he is a spectral is probably the #1 hype source for me at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 2:29 pm

Since we're on the topic, I re-read Forge's dialogues multiple times because he's such a neat character. Forge talks about finding a new purpose. He's not exactly set up as "evil" so he doesn't quite fit the description of a villain seeking redemption. He's more aimless, and tends to be reckless and angry, but he wants to find a better purpose for himself.

I'm starting to think Zack is drawing parallels between Forge and Johnny. Sure, they're both hot-headed and obnoxious, but it goes a little deeper. Johnny was originally set up as the bad guy, but he was willing to help Max and friends when they had a common enemy, so you could say he is on his way to finding a new outlook just like Forge wants to do.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 12:32 am

Seems like a pretty strong connection between them to me! I have great hopes for their future dynamics and how they'll interact with the Activity Club. And what will Johnny's friends say when Johnny starts seeing things they can't? Or maybe Johnny will try to protect them by hiding that anything is different? Though so far, Johnny seems like a pretty honest guy, and would probably dislike keeping secrets from his friends.
Back to top Go down
PineapplePhone
New Kid
PineapplePhone

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 6:02 pm

That's an interesting point, the parallels between j-dawg and Forge. It made me start thinking about the other spirit/spectral dynamics. Eightfold was sort of the weaker counterpart to Isabel's raw strength. Lucifer seems like the wise, even headed guy to guide Spender's recklessness and sense of greater good. Then there's Isaac, whose grandiose sense of justice and uncertainty about his anger is contrasted by his spirit's "if you can take it you deserve it" attitude. Then there's Ed, who seems to be more afraid, a bit weak, who's spirit has strength and a fearlessness that he wants Ed to strive to. Overall, it seems like the spirits sort of contrast and complete their spectrals.

Then there's Scrapdragon. He's sort of mysterious. A wild card, and abnormal cause he's a Grudge. Perhaps ostrisized because of that same fact. Max, the new kid, is popular and cool, and mysterious at first glance, though later we find he's not as cool and aloof as he first appears, (You ride a scooter, Max. You're a scooter-er. You're not too cool for us.) in fact, he's kind of a dork. Maybe Scrapdragon isn't as frightening as we thought?

I'm probably just looking too much into this.

Definitely looking too much into this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/pineapplephone/
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 10:22 pm

Definitely NOT looking to much into this.

What you're saying makes sense, and I think it works very well in the story we have so far. The contrast-and-complete idea behind the spirits and their spectrals make a lot of sense, to me. I think your theory is very reasonable.

It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to think that Scrapdragon isn't as frightening as we though he was. But, going by your logic, it's also possible that, since Max wasn't what he first seemed to be, Scrapdragon is exactly what he seems to be. Though that wouldn't make a very good story, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Connorses
New Kid
Connorses

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 11:11 pm

Scrapdragon appears to be a grudge, and now the Ghost Train is also a grudge trapped in a tool. Max and Dr. Zarei both have a similar problem on their hands. I hope they can both work out a solution. Preferably before the grudges escape again.
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 1:02 am

I'd have to say Johnny meeting Forge for the first time and Max seeing Scrapdragon for the second time have to be my two most hyped moments, personally.

Meeting Muse out of the blue during the Hitball arc was a surprise that came out of left field and sent my think pan to the bleachers for several minutes, yet at the same time it didn't feel out of place at all.

Here in chapter five seems to be where the story is really going to start picking up- we've been introduced to several new characters, and we now have knowledge of many factions that are going to be entering the forefront of relevance. Where the first few chapters were the setup, this is certainly starting to look like the delicious vegetable layer of the story sandwich- Agent Day representing the Consortium looking into Spender will expand our knowledge of his character and history as well as fleshing out Day as a character. Max has encountered the Consortium in his dreams and learned more about the situation he's in now that he's somewhat more comfortable with it and settled down. Johnny will likely get answers to the questions the events he's been witness to the last few chapters have generated, and drive his character into the story in some form. Spender looking into the matter of Forge could lead him to encounter Doorman, which could further stress the rift between Isaac and the Activity Club. We'll eventually get to see the spirit in Isabels' new tool, and insight into how she's taken the loss of Eightfold.

Really, there's so much happening/going to happen that I've neglected to mention the things that are /currently happening/! The aftermath of Hijacks spree in the gym, the Vice Principles' odd abilities, the effect and role of Suzy on the events and whether or not the quote unquote 'normal' kids in the background will push towards greater relevance. I could definitely see some fan-favorites staying in the foreground without main focus, but I can also see the various other side characters playing definitive roles as the situation changes between events- Zack is putting a lot of care and effort into worldbuilding.
Back to top Go down
UniversalMonster
Seeing Shades
UniversalMonster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 10:53 am

Wow, when you put it all in perspective like that, it just gets me even more hyped for what's to come! One of the great appeals of Paranatural is how there's so much stuff that needs answers to and just makes you want to find out what will happen next. And it does so in a natural way.

I feel like I'm not really explaining this correctly, but my point is that the comic has a nice and natural-feeling way of drawing you in and getting you hooked on reading more.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 12:15 pm

In simpler terms: Paranatural is a naturally complicated amazing world in a comic and we love it. Smile
Back to top Go down
PretenseAndPoison
Seeing Shades
PretenseAndPoison

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 1:13 am

I definitely feel Like Zack puts in more effort than he admits to!
Back to top Go down
howlingwolfonfire
New Kid
howlingwolfonfire

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 10:17 pm

I totally agree with all of the discussions regarding the depth of this comic. I don't know who I should root for half the time! It's kind of refreshing to be this confused about who's "good" and who's "bad" without wanting to tear your hair out (most of the time). I think once we know Hijack's motives and who he's working for a lot of things are going to start to shift.

Also, was it just me, or was anyone else hoping for Suzy to say something more shocking? I know it would be terrible for her to find anything out, but look how hard she's trying! xD
Back to top Go down
Westbrook
Spectral
Westbrook

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 11:30 pm

howlingwolfonfire wrote:
Also, was it just me, or was anyone else hoping for Suzy to say something more shocking? I know it would be terrible for her to find anything out, but look how hard she's trying! xD
Yeah I thought she was on to Dimitri, haha.
Back to top Go down
Ignis of Cain
New Kid
Ignis of Cain

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 11:36 pm

I agree with the general moral grey-ness of basically all our characters and factions, except for one group. The weird cultists we met at the end of chapter four seem to be a lot more stereotypically evil, what with the commanding of the pixelhounds and such. Then again, it seemed that way when Spender was introduced, so who knows how that will turn out. No Emotion AT ALL

Any thoughts on who the supervisor of the journalism club could be? Obviously someone Suzy doesn't like, but Starch, Box and the Garsh don't seem objectionable, and Coach Oop hardly seems like the type to supervise that, although he definitely would have the hands-off approach. I could see her not enjoying being under the Vice Principal's thumb, but she seems like she would be a pretty strict advisor, and is already in charge of student council (not sure of this, but they definitely seem to take commands from her). Mabey the art teacher we saw with Issac? Again, not sure what Suzy's problem with her would be, but she's the only one really left. It will probably be a character not introduced yet.

Sheesh, sorry for the ramble.
Back to top Go down
howlingwolfonfire
New Kid
howlingwolfonfire

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 10:50 am

@Westbrook
If she was on to him the whole school would be on fire already xD Although I am surprised how Dimitri got into the journalism club in the first place if he was originally in the activity club. Did Suzy transfer to the school after he left the club?

More new characters?? There are already a billion we have to keep track of, Zack stop doing this to us @_@ (I wouldn't mind a new character but I think the supervisor to the activity club is most likely someone we've already met.)

Ramble away friend! Rambles on here are always enjoyable to read~
Back to top Go down
NinjaKitten
Paranaturalist
NinjaKitten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 3:05 pm

Hooray for rambling! (hip hip hooray!)

I thought that it wasn't certain whether or not Dimitri used to be in the Activity Club. Did people come to an agreement when I wasn't looking!? (Panic!)
Back to top Go down
howlingwolfonfire
New Kid
howlingwolfonfire

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 3:51 pm

Oh, I'm just assuming he is based off the multitude of evidence we have from the strip. We don't have canon proof that he was definitely there but at this point it seems unlikely. (Could still be wrong though!) I'm not sure what other people's thoughts on the matter are...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Five   Chapter Five - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter Five

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 19 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next