The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Vote_lcapThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Voting_barThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Vote_lcapThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Voting_barThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 2:30 pm

Oliver wakes at 5 am, and quietly tends to his morning routine. He cleans up his appearance, marginally at least, and fetches the various objects necessary for school. His book bag, a notepad, several pens, his cell phone, an mp3 player and headphones, a few lemons to snack on, and his glove. Not the tool, the other one. He puts it onto his right hand where is almost always is.

He's not planning on doing any sort of spectral practice today, but it never hurts to have a tool close by, so he gets the other glove and puts it in a special pocket in his bag. With everything done, he looks at the clock: 5:30. He has more that two hours left to meditate before school. He sits down, closes his eyes, and focuses on his thoughts and feelings for the better part of an hour.

He lessens his concentration again at 7:20. He's feeling anxious, so he turns on some quiet music and spends the last twenty minutes before he leaves for school sketching on his notepad. He practices martial arts poses on the characters he draws, examining the pros and cons of each by analyzing the stances of his drawings. While not the most effective method of martial arts training, it combines his hobbies and soothes his nerves. This gives him calm, and his meditation gives him awareness.

When he decides it's time to leave, he walks out the door and taps the glove in his bag, using its power for just a second to close and lock the doors and switch off all the lights.

Being a user of telekinesis, He can open deadbolts from the outside and therefore has them on all his doors. It's not easy to break into this place. With everything secure, he walks the three blocks that separate his home from the school.

Hope that wasn't too wordy and boring. >_>
...oh well. I'll get better.

Edit: Reading Spidervoodoo's post, we should agree on what time school starts. Were you thinking five thiry? If so I'll change my post to accommodate that. Edit of an Edit: Okay, got it! 8:00 it is.

One more edit: Where's the school on our town map? Is it this building? The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 36OY2
It'd be nice to know so I can get some sense of spacial awareness.

Last edited by Von Aardvark on Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 2:38 pm

I was under the impression most schools start at around 7-8 a.m. I'm just going to say it starts at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 3:15 p.m. (to give the kids time who live in the farms time to do there chores mostly.)

Response Edit: Von Aardvark: Yep that's the highshool. I will make a version of the map that marks the important buildings. Don't know how long it will take considering my scheduale, by next Saturday the latest. If you want you can mark your guy's houses in the residential areas and send them to me so I can include them in the map.

Last edited by Eragon5055 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Q&A)
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 5:15 pm

Okay, claiming this spot:
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Ss_20110
Walking to school takes a little while, as it's three blocks away from the school. Just as I wrote in my non orange post! He can sneak in through the back if he has to, though, or just fly in extreme circumstances; both of which take basically no time at all. Strategic position!

That brings me to my next question: How aware of spectrals are the citizens of Gloria Messis? And if they're not aware, how strict is the local spectral society about keeping it that way? And finally, about what percentage of the population of the town are spectrals?

Sorry for bombarding you with questions, but I really value knowing my environment in this sort of RPG.[/color]

Last edited by Von Aardvark on Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:49 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Wrong picture! :O)
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 8:11 pm

Yes the skills are great! Sorry I didn't put it in the correct format :/

Jeanine wakes up to the sound of a bird on her window sill. She checked her phone, which had been lying on the floor, turned it on, and checked the time. It was 6:00 in the morning. Little earlier than usual. She sighed and rolled over. She had been having a great dream, something about a nice looking guy at the bookstore she worked at after school... She smacked her head and told herself silently to shut up and get dressed. She rolled of the mattress onto the wooden floor of her treehouse house and crawled towards her drawers. She was definitely not loving the morning.

After getting dressed, she checked the time which was 6:20. She was making good time, she could probably even grab something to eat at the coffee shop before school. She hopped on her bike (o forgot to say she had a bike. It would be kinda weird for somebody with a weak physical side walk from the forest to school everyday. Bike just seems conviniant. :/) and rode through the forest to her education, with her backpack strapped to the basket in the front of her bike.

Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 1:37 am

I have claimed my land!

[url=The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Pictur10
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 12:31 pm

Von Aardvark wrote:
That brings me to my next question: How aware of spectrals are the citizens of Gloria Messis? And if they're not aware, how strict is the local spectral society about keeping it that way? And finally, about what percentage of the population of the town are spectrals? [color]

The citizens of Gloria Messis are mostly unaware of spectrals and supernatural activity. Just as in the comic, it is a secret that all spectrals must keep but their safety comes first. The major players make sure that any word of spectral activity is not spread to the rest of the towns folk through unknown means that they don't tell the newer and/or younger spectrals. As for population numbers, based on what I have looked up and what I have planned, a small town is 300-800 so I'll say that the population is probably 340+ not including the farms in the fields. There is around 8 major players in the spectral community with 30+known spectrals that either do minor things around town, are the young and/or inexperienced, or have chosen not to get involved with spectral affairs. There is also probably a couple of unknown spectrals in town, either hiding because they think they've gone insane, or simply did not chose to make their presence known.

You all make it to school one way or another. The Gloria Messis High School is an older building in very good shape. The walls on the outside of the building are red bricks and the halls of the building are clean and white colored with the lockers being a maroon color and the doors made out of wood. The front lawn looks freshly cut and the flag pole stands in front of the building, leaning slightly. The classrooms themselves vary from room to room, decorated by the current teacher using it.

Chase:

He makes to school on perfect time, running through the school doors that are being held open by one of the upper classmen. The actual school day goes actual quite well for you as you avoid most of the annoying crowds and managed to avoid the bane of your school life Pepper, the short hyper active girl that is always trying to strike up a conversation with you despite your discomfort. You feel pretty good about yourself and lean back as the school day starts coming to a close. Plans upon and strategies on how to get through the next dungeon in your game flow through your head until an announcement rings through the rooms and the halls.

Jeanine:

As you ride to school, you take a small detour to get some delicious coffee at a small stand and have more time to take in the scenery. The sun is shining brightly and the road isn't very busy as most people are in the fields this early in the morning if they are not headed for school. The various spooks, spirits, and ghosts litter the area, with one really catching your eye. It is a giant spirit that is best described as a Huge Dinosaur Plushtoy with a vacant expression. It stands as tall as most of the buildings in the area and is a little wider than a truck. You have seen this spirit before and have told that most spectrals consider it like a good luck charm. Things always seem to go right for people around it. You make your way to the school and have a pretty much average day. Until the announcement rings through the halls.

Oliver:

He makes it to school calm and collected thanks to his morning routine. As you make your way inside you notice a couple of stragglers trying to make it inside before the bell rings so you hold the door open for them. One of the people that rushes through the door is a hooded kid that you recognize as one of the newer spectrals in the town but can't quite remember his name. The bell rings and you make it to your first class. The school day goes rather uneventful, the most notable event was the same annoying ghost that hangs around the mathematics classroom and keeps to write on the chalk board but is unable to pick up anything, the result of which is your inability to see what is actually written o the chalk board through him. The school day comes to a close until an announcement comes through the speakers.

Attention Students, would Jared Seithle, Oliver Marsh, Chase Kenway, Ophelia Bringston, and Jeanine Kendo, please report to the Principle's office after school.

All three of you get up and head for the office at the back of the building, Oliver and Jeanine are probably more curious then anything as they have no idea why they have been called, Chase is more than likely a little peeved that he can't go home right away to day. You three reach the office at around the same time to see the door is wide open. Inside you three see five people are in the room. Two of the people are the other two kids called to the office, both kids Oliver recognizes as spectrals in the school as he is the most active out of you three in the participating in helping other spectrals learn about there abilities in the school and helping the ghosts out. One is a very short and skinny girl with red hair and freckles wearing a white tank top and blue shorts. She actively waves at Chase and makes him groan inwardly as that is Pepper. The other teen Jeanine recognizes as the resident asshole in the school and likes to harass shops around town in his free time (that is how she met him). The boy is about 15-16 and is tall, wearing a t-shirt that is slightly ripped with a band logo on it and ripped jeans that are now shorts.

The other three people in the room are adults. The one sitting in a desk at the back of the room is a man you all know to be the school Principle. He is a rather older man with sharp near hawk-like features (manly because of is long nose) and is bald. He is wearing a black bowtie and blue dress-clothes. His name is James Ergle, better known throughout the school as Principle Eagle or the Bald Eagle. He does not approve.

The other two people were extremely well-dressed. On was a tall woman with round glass and her dark hair tied up into a bun. She is wearing a business dress of a lighter shade of blue and is carrying a black large bag that you might see as a work-out bag.

The last person you see in the room is a man in a black business suit. He has thick black hair that is combed back and is tied up into a small tale in the back. He has dark brown eyes that are well trained on each of you and the two other kids, sizing you up. You don't really see his nose, mouth or chin much because it is covered by a hospital mask and on his hands are blue plastic gloves. He cares a folder with him that you notice has got an unusual design on the front but can't quite make-it out.

The man gets up and walks to each of you offering his hand. If you didn't recognize his physical description from what you have heard about him, you do recognize his name as he greets everyone of you in a rich, powerful, but youthful voice. "Hello, let me introduce myself. My name is Philip, Philip Kingston."

Your action (Hint: Introduce yourselves to the man. Please don't kick him in the shin. I had that happen once to a character I introduced, needless to say, they did not make a good impression.)

*Wipes Sweat of brow* Whew, that's a lot of words, this DM (GM? StoryTeller? I haven't descided) thing is more typing then I'm used to in a day. No worries, I'm up to the challenge.

On another note, this for People are interested in joining the game but missed the deadline. Please PM me and We'll see what we can do to integrate your character into the story.

Last edited by Eragon5055 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Last name found.)
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 3:30 pm

Oh cool, I'm off to a pretty agreeable start. HELLO FRIENDS
I think you said something about differentiating dialogue with colored text, so I'll have Oliver talk in his spectral color until otherwise notified. (I'm using a lighter shade of Tyrian than his actual spectral energy color so it's easier to read. The actual color is more like this.)

Oliver takes a moment to assess the situation, quickly realizing this is almost certainly not a meeting about school affairs.

He quietly clears his throat to avoid embarrassing himself with a hoarse voice, and reaches out to accept the handshake; making a point to keep his glove on as he'd heard Mr. Kingston was a bit of a Germaphobe.

"Hello, I'm Oliver Marsh; student, teenager, and martial artist. I'm honored to meet you. I'm something of a fan of your business, lemons are wonderful things."

The handshake and introduction done, he then draws back and pulls up chairs for the other attendees while he waits for them to finish introducing themselves.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 5:27 pm

Chase let out another groan, seeing Pepper two times in one day wasn't something Chase cared for very much, not to mention he hated . . .HATED having his plans changed or cancelled, even his uncle had never really asked him for anything, as long as he made the good grades, chase found it made his uncle content.This would be the first time in moths something had stopped his plans, the achilles heel for Chase has always been his lack of afterthought, while his plans and stategies are always top of the reign, he has become arrogant and doesnt often think of what to do in case things go wrong, sure in his plan's chance of success.

Chase cringed at the man's hand almost backing away, what he wanted to say was "AND IM ANNOYED BECAUSE SOME SHOWBOAT IN A SUIT WANTS TO SHAKE MY HAND" what came out was " *murmur* Chase Kenway *murmur* " he stuck his hand out and gave the man a mildy firm shake.Chase moved back akwardly and resumed his postion.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 5:48 pm

Jeanine's last name is Kando. Smile

Jeanine stepped forward and shook Mr. Kingston's hand saying Nice to meet you sir
she takes a seat next to Oliver at the end so as to avoid Jared. A she walks past him, her sewing kit buzzes slightly in her jacket pocket. She pats it lightly as she sits, watching the other two introduce themselves.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 2:14 am

Oliver:

Kingston gives you what you guess to be a warm smile.(It is hard to tell behind the hospital mask.)"Nice to meet you Mr. Marsh. It's nice to meet one interested in keeping things tidy and clean. 'Cleanliness is next to godliness' as they say."

Chase:

"Pleasure to meet you Mr. Kenway. I do though... suggest that you speak more clearly so that others can understand you. The right words can open doors to new possibilities."

Jeanine:

"It is lovely to meet you Miss Kendo. Please, call me Philip or Mr. Kingston if your more comfortable with it. 'Sir' makes me feel old."

After greeting you three, he turns to the next person in order and greets them, the person in question being Pepper. She takes his hand and greets him enthusiastically, then responds in a fast paced, sweet voice with somewhat of an English accent. "Hi, I'm Ophelia but everyone calls me Pepper. Can you guess why?"

Kingston pause for a second at the sudden question. "... I don't kn---"

"Your wearing a mask over your mouth, did you know that?"

Kingston's eyebrow raises and turns to the last summoned guest. Pepper cheeks puff up a little, indicating her disapproval at being ignored.

Kingston raises his hand to greet Jared. The young man just gives it a quick glance and ignores the greeting. "What ever it was, I had nothin' to do with it. You can't prove a thing." He states in a defiant voice.

"I assure you Mr. Seithle, none of you are in trouble. Quite the opposite in fact."

Principle Ergle pipes in. "Why are they here then Mr. Kingston? I'd like to know why you requested to speak with these students in particular."

Kingston turns to the principle and lays his hand on the Principle's shoulder sitting at his desk. His folder that he is holding in his other arm gives off an olive green vapor and the Principle's eyes glaze over a little. "I wish to speak with the children alone. Would you kindly come back later, perhaps in a hour or so. I promise its nothing harmful."

The Principle responds back in a slight monotone voice. "Alright, I'll be back in a little." The man gets up and walks out of the room, shutting the door behind him.

Your turn

(Reactions, Emotions, thoughts. Technically words have been said so murds can begin.)

I was just saying I was going to use colors to make it easier to identify who was talking in a multiple character scene as I'm going to be basically most of them as I'm the GM, but If you want to also used colored speech, go nuts. I'm just happy that I just got my paycheck in the mail today that was due Saturday. Two words: Stuffed Crust Pizza Celebration.

Oh one more thing. If you want to know information that your character might know, like people or places in the town, feel free to ask me and I'll PM the information to you.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 7:42 am

The controller in Chase's hoodie buzzed violently . Chase backed up very slowly ,he didn't trust anyone but he REALLY didn't trust this guy the vapor he gave off confused him, he wasn't sure if he used nerve gas . .or if he was like hi- "N-no, no way your like me, I'm the only one in this town, if there were any others I'd have found them by now." Chase knew he didnt have anywhere to go so he chose to hang iiin the back of the rest of the group , hand dug in his pocket for the controller.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 12:37 pm

Jeanine smiled politely, but was feeling uncomfortable in the presence of people she was unfamiliar with. She recognized them, sure but she didn't really talk to them at all. She noticed Jared sneering at her so she glared back to he looked away. She began to fiddle with her sewing kit a little.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 2:55 pm

Although he expected this turn of events, it was hard for Oliver not to be taken aback at the nature of the power Mr. Kingston had seemingly just displayed. He tries but only slightly manages to conceal his surprise. He carefully weighs the risk of pointing out the (figurative) elephant in the room.

After thinking it over, he realizes that he knows all the other kids in the room as spectrals; and he decides it's certainly safe to address the subject of spectrals directly. Just to be perfectly safe, though, he decides on a less direct method.

He reaches into the side pocket of his school bag and slips on his left glove, then he raises his left hand to eye level in front of him and allows his spectral energy to envelope his tool.

"I'm guessing we're here to talk about this, right?"

I choose to believe that the three or four new members we've had in the past three or four days are a result of operation A35. This pleases me.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 11:32 am

Kingston Looks at the lot of you and takes in your reactions and slightly chuckles. He hands the folder over to the lady who places I in her bag.

"What, no more parlor tricks? You not going to 'hypnotise' us as well?" Sneers Jared.

"Heavens no, that was only so we can talk in private. I find it rather distasteful to start a relationship off of such pretense, besides I can only... 'suggest', not control.

He turns and answers Oliver. "Yes, I am here to request something of a spectral nature." He leans against the desk in a more relaxed position. And Mr. Kenway, there is no need to worry, there are plenty in this town with powers like you. In fact, everyone in this room is a spectral just like you. I'm surprised that you weren't approached already.

The lady in the back pipes in. "Sir, I believe Mr. Lao was going to approach him today and explain."

"Oh, really?"

"Yes sir, he a party planned and everything, he does that for all the kids."

He shrugs and smiles at Chase. "Oh well, I'm pretty sure he'll still give you your cake. Anyway I am here to request a 'favor' from you five, a favor I'm willing to compensate you for."

If this was a cartoon, Jared's eyes would have turned into dollar signs and he smiles for the first time since this event started.

Pepper in the meantime, has been busy staring at Chase with the biggest grin. You can tell she is trying to hold in an outburst and listen to the conversation, but is nearing her limit.

Your go.
(Hint: Ketchup goes well with pretty much everything, so when in doubt, use ketchup.)

(Censor) you internet. You left me hanging last night, again. Anyway, I'd say A35 was a success.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 3:00 pm

Well, okay then. Not really sure what there is to react to at this particular point in our little escapade, but I guess that just means it's time to get a little silly.

Reassured that it's safe to be open about the paranatural, Oliver waves his hand a few times and sets up the chairs in a ring around principal Ergle's desk with some light telekinesis.

"Anyone care to sit down for a snack with me? We might as well get comfortable, and I brought lemons." He says, taking his afternoon snack out of his bag.

While designed to be a snack for himself, there's easily enough for seven ordinary people to split into decent sized portions. Oliver decides he'll pick up some more from his house at the next opportunityr.

THIS IS NOT ACTUALLY PART OF MY ACTION BUT I HAD TO INCLUDE IT BECAUSE REASONS:

Last edited by Von Aardvark on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 6:19 pm

Jeanine takes a seat ([color=orange]I guess we can pretend she never sat down?[\color]) comfortably in the chair farthest away from Jared's current location. She politely refused Oliver's lemon offer, and as she sat waiting she could hear her tool quietly say You should welcome the new one. before being silent again.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 6:43 pm

Soroya123 wrote:
[color=orange]I guess we can pretend she never sat down?[\color]
You closed your tag with a backslash, there. That is to say,

this: \

instead of this: /

It may seem a very trivial difference between the two, but backslashes are barely used for anything other than ASCII art.

...I'm sorry for being nit picky about broken tags. Mr. Splenda

Also, in response to your actual message, I noticed nobody else interacted with the chairs so I went ahead and moved them around again. We could always assume he moved them with people still sitting in them if absolutely necessary, I suppose?
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 6:47 pm

Nah it's cool. Still getting the hang of this. That coupled with the fact I'm typing this on my phone, it's amazing I can actually type legible sentences.

As for the chair thing I guess lets just leave it as it is. Question
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 10:05 pm

Chase slowly walked to one of the seats, sitting down and getting used to them his tool was trying to communicate with him but he couldn't currently respond, he was scoping out the people involved and trying to come up with a few plans about how to get out of here as quickly as possible, he hadn't ever met any people. . .Spectrals, was it? like him , it was a huge shock to meet people like him, let alone people who he actually knew. . .well, not so much knew, so much as observed. Now his day was going to be even FURTHER burdened by this welcoming party, he had to admit however, he did like information, and cake, information and cake . Furthermore this man proposed an offer with compensation, at this point Chase was willing to do anything to speed things up, and he could get a few new gadgets if this guy paid well. taking the lemon snack and awkwardly thanking Oliver, he turned his attention to Mr.Kingston "Well, I'm all game for a good business venture and all, but seeing as you're coming to US (he said slightly cringing at the look pepper was giving him), and it seems this has alot to do with our talents . .This can't be a run of the mill business venture, so I'd like to know exactly what I'm looking at before i stick my hand into this." This was an odd sight indeed, to see Chase even talk was rare, and some of the teachers thought he was mute, but for him to talk twice was unheard of, let alone for so long.

Not ignoring your character Soroya, just its kinda hard for me to set yours up to interact when he normally avoids talking to people ESPECIALLY females
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 1:42 am

Yeah I know, but I figure Jeanine has no clue about Chase being uncomfortable so if its okay, at some point in the maybe nearby future Jeanine tries to introduce herself and such, unintentionally making Chase uneasy? If that sounds cool or interesting at all.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 3:03 am

Kingston declines the offer, his assistant however takes one and places it in her bag.

In response to Chase. "That is a very wise policy Mr. Kenway. He turns to face the group. "What I am requesting of you is essentially a 'babysitting' job. You see, with the 'Lemon Harvest Festival' coming up in 4 weeks, most people in this town are going to be very busy in preparation, getting the floats, small parades, and what not ready. I myself will be especially busy finishing up my new formula for a cleaning agent, you see, it has microscrubbers that-"

"Sir, I am pretty sure they don't care about that."

He looks a little saddened by the news but carries on. "Anyway, there is a Spirit who has made the lemon fields it's home since the founding of this town. In fact, it is a very beneficial spirit that has helped the lemons that this town is founded on grow and be healthy. At the moment though, the spirit is... for a lack of a better term, is throwing a tantrum."

Jared scratches his head. "So, what? Do you want us to 'knock' some sense into this Spirit?

Kingston Looks alarmed. "Heavens no! I just need you five to placate the Spirit and keep it content until the Festival is over.

Pepper finally turns her attention away from Chase. "Whenever my little sister throws a tantrum, we just give her some milk and she falls right to sleep!

Kingston gives a warm chuckle. "I wish it were that simple. Spirits seldom think along the same lines as humans, and whatever offense the Spirit has perceived could be incredibly trivial to us and the same can be said in reverse. What I am asking is that you go to the Spirit and keep it happy for approximately 5 weeks when the festival is over."

Your go
(Hint: Take Jared and chuck him out the window, dangle a chocolate bar in front of pepper and watch her chase it, eat a lime just to spite lemons.)
((Real Hint: Ask Kingston questions, probe for details, how much, what is up with the mask?))

I got good news and not-so-good news. The good news is we might be getting another player, provided they follow through and sends me a character. The not-so-good news is that I might not be able to post anything for a week starting sometime next week. You see, I was supposed to be have traveled to the state of Washington to stay and help my Grandparents and we were going to drive across country together. They live in Washington and drove here in the first place to witness my younger brothers graduation. Then my Grandpa gets 5 clogged arteries and has to have surgery and is stuck here until the doctor gives the O.K. to travel. The surgery went well and the doctor says he is fit to travel next Tuesday-Wednesday, but he has to take a plane.

I don't have all the details on when this is all happening but I will find out this weekend and let you guys know. My idea is that rather than waste a week where the game is put on hold, We make this a period for your characters to introduce themselves to each other and interact. What do you guys think?

One More thing, I probably in the chatroom on the forum from 11:00p.m. to 2:00a.m. central USA/Canada time. Feel free to drop in and chat.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 2:00 pm

okie dokie, hope everything's okay with your grandpa! And I like the idea of our characters interacting with one another for a while

Jeanine tilted her head to one side and asked "Is this spirit violently upset or is it sulking?"

Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 3:31 pm

I am fine with this! A prolonged period of interaction between characters was pretty much inevitable, and it's an appealing concept. We need to have some sort of relationship form between the characters, after all. Hope you enjoy your trip whenever it comes around. Also, it's a good idea to have the chat box in use at a certain routine time rather than just after posts in that thread. Otherwise nobody uses it. I'll see you there sometime. Most likely tonight.

Oliver wipes some lemon juice from his mouth and, still holding the lemon, takes the opportunity to ask as many questions as he can think of. Pretend he waited for a response to each question before asking the next. I'm only doing it this way because going back and forth with questions on once a day posts would take too long. And if he gets shut down at any point, just ignore the rest.

What sort of spirit is it?

Do we have any idea why it's restless? We would need to know where it would try to go and what it would try to do if we want to subdue it effectively.

What sort of powers does the spirit have?

Where is it, and where will it be when this assignment starts?

He considers asking what the compensation is, but if he knows anything about these types of meetings then he knows he doesn't have to. Either they'll be told without asking, or someone else (probably Jared) will demand the information. So he refrains, choosing to let the topic sit until later.

While his questions are being answered (or not) he glances over at the other spectrals to see if he can remember or discern what their tools/possession features are.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 10:19 pm

I did some reasearch today, the results of which are detailed in my signature. Suddenly it occurs to me that we could have a mute character with grey spectral energy who, in place of sign language, could talk to his translator with text in the color #17171F.

...I'm bored, so silliness abounds. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 10:37 pm

Chase reached into the pocket which held the controller and pressed the pause button. Each of the tiles on the floor silently fell away one after the othersave for a spot around chase, tree tiles in each direction a flash of ones and zeros rose out of the seemingly endless darkness, and in their plase stood Gamecrazed proudly and to what any other spectral would sound like "dqjbehdfasjbahasbhgbrbwbhwhebewhqbnewblwakowejibfd".
in three voices it spoke "Hello Chase, why did you call for Gamecrazed now of all times? " "This better be good fool" and finally "Bet you didn't expect to be around this many people at one DID YOU? hehehehe, let alone this many girls ha!"

Chase looked at all three of them, scowling at the last head.
"well, I need to know what you were trying to tell me, why were you three trying to contact me"

"As you know" said the first female voice " Gamecrazed needs you out and active more, up until now its been basically starving because you don't use its power, it needs to get you interacting with the outside more"

"Yeah!" said the third voice "So stop pussyfootin around and get yo tail outside boy, Gamecrazed aint gettin no energy sittin around waiting for you drain the battery so it can drain yours"

Chase looks at it confused as the third voice becomes dominant

"Bet you didn't know did you boy we've been stealing your energy haha, ever notice the battery NEVER runs out? its because we're feeding of your spectral energy, but its no where near enough heeheeheehee we need you to fight ghosts so Gamecrazed can finally be free."

"Wait!" he says shocked, "If i get you guys back to full strength by fighting ghosts I'll never have to do this again ?" The heads convene with themselves and unanimously state "yes"

Chase, eager to go back to a normal life, and incredibly misinformed quickly states, "Then lets get this over with shall we?" PRessing the start button again , Gamecrazed disentegrates into 0's an 1's the tiles one by one re surface and a sign come up in mid air saying "Get Ready! 3...2...1....GO!" upon which he is returned to normal time. He turns around with only one question, "What is it that you need Mr. Kingston?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next