The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Vote_lcapThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Voting_barThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Vote_lcapThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Voting_barThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 10:47 pm

Oh hey, suddenly spirit conference! I like it. I've been dying to do that for a while, but I've been held back because Oliver's a nice boy who doesn't leave this plane of reality as we know it in the middle of a conversation. Haha. :lP

No seriously though, thanks to your narration your character's motivations are crystal clear and his actions make sense to me. You're doing a good job at this whole forum RPG thing Voodoo. Smile
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 3:30 am

Great idea leaving a bunch a questions together Von Aardvark, That makes things much easier.

Von Aardvark wrote:
What sort of spirit is it?

Kingston takes a moment to think, then describes the Spirit. "It is a Spirit of growth and Lordship. It has chosen our towns lemon fields since before the town was founded is highly protective of its lands."

Soroya123 wrote:
"Is this spirit violently upset or is it sulking?"

"Its is more upset and has been making a fuss in the fields. It is nothing new, it does this every so often, but these 'fits' can last a long time and have effected the lemon fields in the past.

Von Aardvark wrote:
Do we have any idea why it's restless? We would need to know where it would try to go and what it would try to do if we want to subdue it effectively.

"Excellent question. We do not know what is upsetting the spirit, only that it is upset, it has actually scared a couple of the farmers in the field. As where it is, I have not as of yet had the pleasure of an audience with the Spirit, but, as I understand, a Mr. Daniels knows how to get an audience with its Lordship, I believe it is an offering of some sort. I'll leave the details up to your discretion."

Von Aardvark wrote:
What sort of powers does the spirit have?

Kingston ponders this for a second. "How best to describe it..."

"Allow me Sir." Kingston smiles and nods his head. It's power is best described as Sovereignty. Anything and Everything in its territory is utterly under its control. The plants, the animals, and even the laws of science and physics albeit weak, are under its control. The healthier and richer the land, the stronger it is. That is where the deal our town has with it comes from, we keep the land healthy and plentiful, it helps the town by making the lemons rich and plentiful.

Von Aardvark wrote:
Where is it, and where will it be when this assignment starts?

"It starts when you are ready. If you accept, you can go seek an audience tomorrow with it, after school of course, education is important.

With all of Oliver's question answered, he glances at the others trying to recall if he remembers the others abilities. Oliver knows Jeanine's tool and abilities, but not much about her as she is usually at work and is only a semi-active spectral because of it. Oliver knows that Chase is a spectral, but doesn't know if he has a tool or is a medium. Jared abilities as a spectral are unknown, but judging from how a lot of ghosts and spirits are afraid to go near him, you guess that he has something to make them afraid. As for Pepper, you know she is a medium, she told you, but you have never seen her use her power, she mainly just talks the ear off of the ghosts and Spirits she meets. Still, you are on friendly terms with her and she always calls you Ollie.

"How much am I getting paid? Jared blurts out impatiently.

"Lets see, how does $400 dollars a week sound? Until the festival is over.

"T-t-that's a lot of money Mister. Pepper stammers.

Chase puts his hand in his pocket, his eyes start to glow, and his movements turn into a blur for a split second. His words turn into gibberish and Everyone stares at the display. After the small event, Chase asks his question.

SpiderVoodoo wrote:
"What is it that you need Mr. Kingston?"

Not phased by Chases sudden convening with his Spirits, he answers your question. "I just need you to keep the Spirit happy until the festival is done, it may be as easy as picking a weed from its garden it likes, to do it a large favor, I just ask you keep it happy as assurance to keep this years festival running smooth and without a hitch.

Kingston sits down on the desk and puts his hands together. "So Ladies and Gentlemen, do we have a deal?
Your turn
(Hint: Deal or no Deal, more info, tell the DJ to 'play that funky music white boy.')
((Comments: This is just a small section for me to put small jokes and non-sequiturs. Sombra is best pony))

I placed the order events as such because it makes mores sense in my head. Just letting you know.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 9:11 am

Oliver makes a mental note that Chase's tool is most likely in his pocket, and decides to keep an eye out for things taken out from said pocket in the future. He does this purely out of curiosity.

He idly wonders what color this spirit is. Kings and sovereign beings often fall into the purple spectrum... if things turn sour and they have to fight, there's at least a chance that he could get a new tool out of it. After some thought he figures that it's no more dangerous on paper than some of the other spectral work he's done, and it seems promising in terms of reward.

Alright, Mr Kingston; I think I'm willing to accept. I've done work similar to this before, albeit with somewhat less powerful spirits. Ijust want to know one more thing. If on some off chance the spirit gets violent... what are our chances?

Now would be a good time to mention that although my character's color is Tyrian purple, since paranatural does not seem to get so specific, it might be best to group him with simply the color purple as far as compatible tools go. Perhaps each spectral of a certain color has their own tint? Same with people like Mr. Kingston- Olive green becomes just green for practical purposes. Of course, if you want to be super specific as well, that's fine.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 10:52 am

Chase turns to Oliver, sizing his upperclassmen up and looking mildly confused and annoyed at him "yes?" he says midly annoyed," for you to be staring at me this long you are either trying to examine me or you're trying to figure out how to approach me, I'm not trying to drag this out any more than we have to, but in order to lessen the amount of time this will take, i guess i HAVE to play well with others."

Chase is obviously unhappy with having to be around these people, I'm just having so much fun toying with him

Also, Thanks Aardvark, I have a little experience in Rp's so thats probably why, and you arent to shabby either

Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 11:17 am

I agree that spectral's can bond with generic color group, Light blue can bond with a dark blue and so forth.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 11:22 am

I'm going to take the liberty of responding to Chase here. Hopefully it won't cause a problem for flow, just consider conversations between characters asides I guess.

Oliver is a little flustered to be noticed staring. It takes acute senses to notice his gaze behind the messy mane of hair and think glasses that cover his face. Obviously Chase is a little uncomfortable, but Oliver is nonetheless impressed by his perception. He makes a mental note: Chase notices things.

I'm sorry for staring. I just found myself thinking about this job and then inevitably wondering what sort of powers my potential allies possess. Especially after you suddenly went into conversation with your spirit. I think I've already demonstrated my ability... but I'd be willing to explain it in detail if you tell me about what you can do as well.

Last edited by Von Aardvark on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 6:16 pm

Jeanine, being tight on money decided to take Mr. Kingston up on his offer. She said "I would be glad to accept this job Mr. Kingston. "
She looked at Oliver curiously, wondering what other abilities he had, besides telekineses. She knew that he was a very active and highly experienced as a spectral, so out of the people gathered princaples office she could most readily trust Oliver. Chase was new, and therefore unskilled in the use of spectral energy. She didn't know Pepper that well and well, Jared was Jared. A first class jerk who she wouldn't trust anything with.
Seriously, you're not going to say anything else? her tool grumbled. Shut up.

Was that in anyway confusing? :/ if it is I'll revise it.

Last edited by Soroya123 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 8:03 pm

Makes plenty of sense to me! Don't worry about it.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 8:19 pm

I actually really like the way you write, its very short clear and concise, I often try to make mine not be too long but yours are a good length for an experimentle RP
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 11:22 pm

Why thank you very much! I was hoping they weren't to short, as I have no clue what the standard is for RPGs. Smile
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 12:06 pm

Kingston claps his hands with glee. "Excellent! It seems your all on board. To answer your question Oliver, if the spirit gets violent, I suggest you get away as fast as possible. But the Spirit has never been violent before and there is no reason to suggest that has changed."

"I have a question." Jared remarks, "Say someone does the job all on their own, would he get everyone's pay?"

Kingston raises an eyebrow. "I would have asked multiple people if I thought one could handle it."

He reaches into his suits upper pocket and hands each of you a card. "This is my business card which has the number for my lovely secretary over here, Miss Evers." He waves his hand in the business ladies direction who gives a polite smile and nod. "You can call her anytime to asks questions. I will be very busy until the festival is over i'm afraid, so you'll have to set up an appointment with her if you want to get in touch."

He gets off of the desk and walks to the door. "Now come. I believe Mr. Kenway has a party to attend and I believe the two others I have asked the same request of are attending, I'm sure you'll want to discuss things with them as well."

Pepper grabs Chase's hand and blurts out everything she has been meaning to say as fast as she can. "OhmyGosh,InewweweregoingtohaveapartyforanewspectralbutIhadnoideaitwasyouChase.Thisissoawesomeandnowwearedoingabusinessadventuretogetherandthisisgoingtobe
socool.Wegotcake,didyouknowwegotcakeforyou?IbakeditmyselfIhopeyoulikeyellowcake-
Her words become unintelligible as she drags Chase out the door, leading him down the hall. Kingston and the Miss Evers follow in suit. Oliver I imagine feels sorry for Chase because of Pepper's shenanigans, but can' t help but crack a smile. Oliver then follows in suit, followed by Jeanine to the room where the party is being held. As Oliver turns a corner, leaving him out of sight for a second, Jeanine is stopped by Jared's hand being placed on her shoulder.

I imagine Jeanine would be a little scared to face Jared alone, and would at least ready her hand to grab her tool. Jared quickly removes his hand from her shoulder, and looks away with a pained expression on his face. He turns his head to face Jeanine, but refuses to make, contact.

"...listen... I'm... sorry that me and my gang messed up the bookstore last week. If I knew you were a spectral, I would have left the store alone." He then quickly turns and walks away before stopping and without turning around he says to you. "Don't tell anyone I apologized. I got a reputation to uphold, cant let others think I've gone soft. He then quickly walks away in the opposite direction before you can respond, clearly heading no where near the direction where the party is being held, and disappears around a corner.

Eventually, everyone reaches the room. It is located through the janitors supply room on the second story through a door that is hard to see from outside the room. Inside, the room is slightly bland with white walls and a tile floor. There are three foldable tables adorning the floor with plenty of chairs for each of them and a comfy recliner in the corner. This room (known as 'The Room ') is used as a place for the spectrals in the school to hang out and use and there is a request board poster on the wall for spectrals to ask each other for help (mostly the new spectrals) and sometimes ghosts and spirits wait by it seeking help. Right now, it looks like it has been out fitted for a party, (banners, table clothes, a punchbowl.) with a rather large and unusually designed cake on the center table.

Currently occupying it are three teenagers. One is sitting down at a table reading. She is a girl with thick spectacles, light brown and long braided hair and a dark shirt that looks a little big for her. Another is Assprite's character, who looks like he is trying to steal a piece of the cake from under the glasses girl who is guarding it while reading. The last person in the room is busy hanging up the rest of the decorations because Mr. Lao asked her too, this Plattrom's character (descriptions in the character sheets below.)

Chase comes in being dragged by Pepper who is still talking. -IshouldhaveknownyouwereaspevtralafterthewholegirlslockerroomincidentwhenIsawyouchasingthatghostbutIthoughtyouweretheretostealagirlsunderwearyousomething.Incedentlydonteverstealagirls
underwearjustaskme.Anywayitlookslikewe'rehere. HI MELISSA!!!!

(I will use blue for her because it is not currently used by a character in the scene.) The girl with the glasses looks up and gives a short smile. *WHACK* the girl uses her book to swat Asssprite's characters hand as he reached for the cake. "Hi Pepper." she spoke in a soft voice.

Kingston arrives at the room, followed by his assistant, Oliver, then Jeanine. As soon as everyone reaches, Kingston speaks up. "Ah, here we all are. And I see that the two others I asked are also here. He waves his hand toward the two new characters direction. "I'm sure you'll want to discuss things with them. I must take my leave now, it has been a pleasure meeting all of you." Kingston, and Miss Evers say their goodbyes and take their leave.

(Now for a little relationship setting, All characters know Melissa only by name except Jeanine, who knows her a little more as she is a frequent customer at the bookstore, you know she likes those bad romance adult novels. All characters know Ryan by reputation as a tactless guy who is a member of the swim-team, that's about it. Ryan never bothered to learn any fellow spectrals name except for Mr. Lao so he recognizes some of their faces but not much else. Iris and Jeanine know each other a little. Oliver knows that Iris as a spectral that is probably just as active as he is, the two have even worked together on more than one occasion, such as putting a child spirit to rest and spending an afternoon running from a spririt trying to mow you over in the construction yard.)
................................................................................

Your move
(Hint: Welcoming the new kids.)
((Comments: Blue-Suede Shoes))

Introducing are new characters.

Played by Plattrom

Name: Iris Fisher

Description: Long wavy hair (down to her elbows). Average height. Somewhat bored expression most of the time, but enjoys smiling when there is something to smile about.

Personality: Likes talking to people and finding out things about them, but is very cautious not to creep them out when in casual conversation (almost too considerate sometimes). Prefers fleeing to fighting and will usually try to find backup if caught in a conflict. Does moderately well in school, but doesn't respect education enough to not skip some days.

Concept: Shortly before her 1st birthday, Iris was left at her two older sisters' (twins) house in Gloria Messis. Though they are not related by blood, Iris gets along with them fairly well. Her sisters were good caretakers (despite the amount of cats that they had also taken in) and ensured that Iris was kept safe from the many spirits that wandered the area around her house. That is, until around age ten. She became spectral some time after being possessed by a spirit her sisters were fighting. Because she doesn't use her abilities much outside of her home and school (as she mostly avoids conflict with spirits) she has been largely unaffected by many of the spectral events in Gloria Messis, leaving her time to pursue other non-spectral interests, like knitting (mostly things for her cats).

Skillz:
+Spec-shot
+Knitting
+Escapology
*Dodging (Attacks and such)

Tool/Medium: Medium

Spectral Energy color: Bright yellow

Tool Description/ Medium Traits: Light blue hair with a couple of yellow streaks.

Spirit's Name: Flashbuck

Spirit's Description: A light blue antelope with several yellow streaks in its coat that flow based on what direction it's running in. Its horns are long enough to reach its tail when its head is facing forward.

Spirit's Personality: Always enjoys interacting with medium and likes to play games with her. Doesn't usually speak (And when it does, most of the time it's nothing really worth hearing anyway). However, it will react appropriately to danger and violence.

Abilities: Short-ranged rapid teleportation. She can only teleport a distance of about 10 feet, but can go quick enough to cover enough ground to match even the fastest runners. However, she also has to teleport on to a solid surface (includes spectral objects).

and Played by Asssprite

Name: Ryan Avonmore

Description: Caucasian. Tall and long-limbed, with large hands and feet. Extremely short dark hair. Lean, athletic build, without particularly bulgy muscles. Blue eyes, no eyebrows. No facial hair, or hair on the rest of his body. Tends to dress in button-down shirts and well-fitting pants. Wears swimming trunks under his pants most of the time.

Personality: Tends to do what he wants instead of listening to orders. Likes swimming. Usually acts without considering others or what would be most logical, instead basing his decisions on what he most feels like doing at the time. Unpunctual and irresponsible. Likes swimming and being near water.

History: Moved to Gloria Messis at a very young age. Wishes to get out of Lemonsville. Wants to be recognized for competence with regards to swimming.

Skills:
*Swimming
Diving+
Running
Hiding
Lying
Situational Deduction (Understands whats going on in most situations without an explanation)
Wit
Breathing (Able to control it for efficiency and can go longer periods without it)

Negative skillz (skillz to compensate for going over the limit number of skillz by being bad)

Dedication-
Consideration-

Tool/Medium: Tool

Spectral Energy Colour: Sea-green (#56bd8b)

Tool Description: Pair of goggles with very convex lenses and a trailing band at the back of the head.

Spirits Name: Wahwee

Spirit Description: Six-legged 30-foot long frog-snake(head frog, tail snake).

Spirit Personality: Voice is musical. Spirit is hungry. Usually attempts to eat its host. Usually contributes creative solutions to various problems if its host survives.

Ability: Able to conjure up water in various forms, including rains but not including steam or ice.

And as for the water thing, it comes from the air, but not necessarily the sky, so it could have a source at any point within about ten metres from the goggles, and the goggles have to be over his eyes for him to activate his powers. I'll say he can conjur a total of fifty litres before he has to recharge by submerging himself in water for a period of time, and he recharges the best in muddy freshwater. If it's salt- or chlorine- water, or excessively pure, he recharges faster. If he were to train, he might be able to carry more water, but...
..............................................................................................

I'm sorry for taking over your characters a little for the story, feel free to tell your characters version of the events.

As far as my whole trip goes, I will be leaving Wednesday morning, so Tuesday should be the start of 'character interaction week.'

Last edited by Eragon5055 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Trying to fix a problem)
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 12:46 pm

Ryan glares at the bookworm who grabbed the piece of cake from him earlier and rubbed his hand. Just because he put it down on the same table as the rest of his cake and turned it back didnt mean it was free. He considered putting on his goggles and moistening her book a little, but he was pretty sur one of the newcomers was from a library or something, and shes already blocking the exit. Besides, he can get revenge later. Easier to go down-river, after all. He turns to the new arrivals. So, he's already convinced you lot to do something for him? You should be careful when deciding to do what that tool wants. Be careful that its actually you making the decision." While watching the new recruits, he tries to grab his cake again, hoping to fake the bookworm out.

Hey! Hope Im not screwing up your roleplay too badly.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 1:11 pm

Oh my god, what happened to this page? It's stretched horizontally in a really weird way.

"I wouldn't worry about that, Ryan," Oliver says, "I made sure I have a pretty good idea of what the job will be like. I'm certain I want to do this. Besides, it's for the good of the town. Somebody has to do it."

He discreetly uses telekinesis to hold down the cake, so Ryan can't take any. He assumes that since Melissa wouldn't let him have it, he isn't supposed to have any yet. Besides, Chase should get the first piece. I kinda get the feeling this is the first of many a time I will attempt to restrain Ryan with telekinesis... sigh.

Good to see you, Iris. How's it going?

Let's assume for the sake of power balance that the only reason Oliver has such crazy powerful powers is because he's one to three years older than everybody else and has probably used his tool way more.

(Also because his spirit is a GODDAMN PLANET but let's ignore that little detail, haha. The original idea for the power came after the spirit as super precise control of gravity. I bet when he first got the tool he could only push and pull really violently. Probably did it by accident all the time too. Poor guy.)

Also don't worry Asssprite, you're doing just fine! It's interesting to read your character's inner monologue because he's kind of a jerk, haha.

Last edited by Von Aardvark on Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 2:18 pm

I forgot to ask Asssprite, did your character accept, decline or said he will think about Kingstons offer. I thought he agreed (You know, cause of cash)...
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 2:35 pm

He declined, but that was a test to make sure he had control, and then upon seeing Lemon Guy give up he said he'd take it after all.
So hes in, but he made sure he wasnt being controlled before starting. Unless of course the test was Suggested. He doesnt know the extent of Chief Citris's powers, just that they involve mind control.
Back to top Go down
Plattrom
New Kid
Plattrom

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 4:54 pm

Hey everyone! Glad to be able to drop in.

Iris turns away from the large orange banner to look at everyone in the room. New kid here isn't nearly as big as she thought. He must be pretty brave to have ran into the girls' locker room by himself.

Not wanting to be rude to Oliver, Iris replies with "Hey there." and a motion that could almost be called a wave.

The others in the room seem to already be having some squabbles. Such a shame, really. Iris had hoped they would be able to get along through the event. She turns her attention back to the last banner to finish hanging it up. Might as well, even though it's not like colorful decorations will help the mood of the room by now.

Well okay then. Also, in case you didn't see it already, the page is being stretched by that long line of text Pepper is speaking (More of an annoyance than anything).
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 7:46 pm

The computer I'm using is wide screen so I can't tell if I fixed it or not but I cut Pepper's dialog, tell me if it is fixed.

In other news, we got ourselves a sixth and final player. I don't think I can handle any more people, if anyone else wants to join, you can still pm me if you want and if there is enough of a demand, I might be able to set up a second game but I won't be the one running it.

Edit: Important locations map added to Map document on google docs. Link here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pvZdbMjjwKYJFli65AuQT6-wxRpF_gVSEg7PhljEbvU/pub

If you want to know more public locations, feel free to ask me.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 10:24 pm

The page is less stretched, but still stretched. I wouldn't worry about it though, I can handle this amount of stretchage.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 10:54 pm

A flurry of words about cake and unexpected surprise crash at chase's ears at approximately a million miles per hour. Then the story about the ghost in the bathroom got brought up again, not to mention pepper was holding Chase's hand, He wanted to bash his head into a wall, and run around like a chicken. To most people alot of what pepper was saying would have been lost in translation, but thanks to his constant talking to Gamecrazed, he could unfortunately easily decipher gibberish. When she brought up him asking her for underwear he just stood perfectly still, no expression on his face, and started to shake slightly.

Luckily for him Pepper left to go talk to mellissa,In the middle of the room he stands, knowing he is being observed, sized up, he could see and feel the looks coming from them all. He thinks to himself " I need to introduce myself, but i dont need to be too friendly with them, afterall, this is only TEMPORARY, after i recharge GC's power I'm soo outta here". He looks behind him, but the exits are blocked, no way out now, pepper has led him into a trap " We'll, I'm Chase, looks like we'll be working together" He leaves out any pleasantries in his conversation, with a purely intellectual expression put on. He moves toward the cake and pauses, deciding whether or not to take a slice . "on one hand" He thinks to himself "if I don't take it she may feel a bit insulted and distance herself from me, which is a small price to pay for solitude, but then again I run the risk of even MORE girls probing me for questions about why i insulted her by rejecting her cooking, It would be optimal to eat her cooking and have her as an ally." Chase cuts himself a piece and bites a piece. The cake actually tastes quite good and smiles slightly while nodding a bit, quickly making it disappear and keeping his head stagnant.

" I don't know many of you, In fact I only know Mellissa's name ,and Pepper, but I can probably guess what you are all wondering. What does my power do?" he says pulling out the strange controller "It manipulates reality around my body, giving me . .power ups i guess. . ." He sits down sure that there is more to be said by everyone whether to him or to continue squabbling with each other.

Not trying to take over the RP, so feel free to continue conversations with other characters .
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 12:33 am

Jeanine listens to Chase speak, and smiles a little, remembering what it was like to be a new spectral, thinking that she was the only one. Alone in the world.

The word alone made Jeanine think about Jared, who stood sullenly in a corner. She thought about what he had said to her earlier. She had always thought of Jared as a complete and utter jerk, but his apology seemed sincere, and his face...

She shook her head violently. No! she thought This is a party, think about something uplifting! Have some cake for goodness sake!

She mentally pulled herself together, and realized she had been standing in front of the door the entire time. She quickly stepped aside, and noticed Iris having a little trouble putting up a banner. She grabbed a chair and pulled it over next to Iris, and reaching for her tool she pulled out a pin (The ones with the colored plastic on the end). She took one end of the banner in her left hand, while in her right she made the pin grow in size, then stuck it in the wall, pinning the corner of the banner underneath.

"There." She said, smiling at Iris, "That should hold it up"
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 11:28 am

*Whack*

Ryan attempts to fake-out Melissa fail as she waps his hand as quick as a viper while still holding a conversation with Pepper (who is doing most of the talking.) As soon as Chase takes a bite of his cake, she slides a piece to Ryan. "Now you can eat. Everyone is free to dig in."

Pepper enthusiastically hands everybody a slice of cake that didn't get have one yet then starts to mow down her own.

Iris and Jeanine finish putting up the rest of the banner and join the group to enjoy their cake.

Oliver begins looks around the room, and idea pops into his head. He excuses himself for a moment ad leaves the room and takes off down the hall. He catches up with Mr. Kingston and asks him if its O.K. if he can get some one else in on the deal, Kingston is fine with this. Oliver calls up his friend, Arthur King and asks him if he wants to join, giving a brief summary of what they have to do. He enthusiastically accepts and says he'll be at the school as fast as he can. Kingston is delighted with more people to ensure that the task is done and gets into his limo and leaves. Oliver returns to the party. Shoe, let me introduce you to my friend, horn. Last character in, a new challenger approaches.

After Oliver gets back to the party, a Giant man follows him into the room. He barely fits threw the door way. He has huge muscles and big hands, a bald head and a not so pretty face. He is wearing dog tags and a janitor outfit that barely fits him. He is Mr. Lao, your school janitor and in charge of finding and helping out new spectrals in the school. Most kids are afraid of him because of his looks and he has an easy job because people are afraid to make a mess. In reality, the spectral students know that he is an extremely gentle person who has a soft spot for kids and is an extremely helpful person. He raises an I brow at Chase, as he has been looking for him all day and was coming back to the room to give up on today and tell everyone to set up for tomorrow.

"Sorry Mr. Lao, it looks like a Mr. Kingston beat you to the punch and already introduced him to our side of the town."

Lao gives a long face, genuinely disappointed he didn't get to do it. He then asks the group. "Why was he here in the first place?"

Your turn
(Hint: talk to Lao, talk to each other, ask Oliver what he did when he left, talk to someone else, face-palm at the ShoexHorn shipping.)
((Comment:I totally ship that, along with BackxGround and Onomatopoeia x Everyone.))

New Character, played by leviatron

Name: Arthur King

Description: 4' 9'' in height, wears clothes in general. Nothing specific, he's not really picky. Average weight.

Personality: Not terribly social, and he has a small grudge against those who are. He has a bit of a distaste for the world in general but gets along okay with most people anyway.

Concept: His most notable feature is his skill at hacking. He keeps out of anything explicitly illegal, but he definitely skirts the line from time to time. He's a kelptomaniac, though he's trying to reform. Like Oliver, he's a lemonhead spectral. He eats lemons almost as much as Oliver, and only falls behind because he also eats limes and oranges. Unsurprisingly, he and Oliver are good friends. (I've already discussed this with Von Aardvark) His powers came in when he was 14, but he only got his first tool three months ago. His parents are diplomats, and they are rarely in town, but they provide for him as best they can. In fact, his family is actually extremely wealthy, and he exploits that often. He's born and raised in Gloria Messis. He's a shooting sports hobbyist a regular high ranker in the local teenager sharpshooting competitions.

Skillz:
- Hacking*
- Pickpocketing+
- Shooting sports+
- Computer Science+
- logical reasoning

Negative skills:
- social interaction

Tool: He uses a tool, and is not a medium.

Spectral Energy color: Amber

Tool Description: An ordinary brown leather wallet.

Spirit's Name: Nekoshogun

Spirit's Description: A small cat in Feudal style cardboard armor. It's excessively cute.

Spirit's Personality: She speaks in a high voice that manages to be intimidating despite the hmorous sound. She meows a LOT. Her personality is split between exceedingly accepting and, when she's angry, extremely vicious. The line between e two is so thin that she can be set off at a moments notice.

Abilities: He can compress and store small or medium sized objects, including spectral objects in his wallet and expel them at a velocity of his choosing, anywhere between .25 mph and 125 mph. Holds aprox. 500 pounds
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 1:47 pm

Nekoshoguuuuuuuun!!!!! [Hi-pitched squealing]
Ryan rubs his hand and glares at Bookworm, then when she gives him his cake he makes a noise of both disgust and delight at her finally giving in, for some entirely arbitrary reason. He eats his cake while glaring around the room, sparing no one his withering gaze. Not a single one of them even tried to save him from the Bookworms tyranny. When he sees Mr. Lao, though, he smiles and rises to greet him. Hey, Mr. Lao! Finish your chores, then? You're usually done sooner than this.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 2:36 pm

OnomatopoeiaxEveryone? That gies a whole new meaning to the alt-text "People Hanging around Suzy have to get used to ducking a lot to avoid being punctured by rogue sound effects."

Oliver decides not to talk to Mr.Lao for now, other than to greet him.

Good afternoon, Mr. Lao. Welcome to the party!

He then focuses on his slice of cake, taking down the whole thing in two bites and seven seconds. He's a bit disappointed to fall that short of his record, but at least nobody was looking.
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 7:01 pm

Chase found himself a nice little corner to place himself in, he was ot going to talk anymore than he had to, DESPITE whatever GC said

"Hello Mr.Lao" he said trying not to seem rude

If gamecrazed's plan was to make Chase get more social, it'd sure take more than a day and some delicious cake to- no not delicious, fairly good, it was a fairly good cake. He wasn't about to be indoctunated into their little cult with some good cake.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 9:31 pm

Jeanine smiled and waved at Mr. Lao, then answered his question, "Mr. Kingston came to employ us to watch over the spirit in the lemon orchards until the festival is over. " she said.
(I'm just going to do a little time jump here so as not to have to write for Mr. Lao and possibly mess up the story line. So lets all just assume he gave a reply. Please? )

Jeanine nabbed some cake and sat at one of the unoccupied tables. She reached for her bag and pulled out a pencil, eraser and a folder. Opening the folder she pulled out blank score paper and one really messy packet of used score and began re-writing the music whilst eating cake.

Just to clarify if any of you don't know what score paper is, it's just blank musical paper. With all the lines and such. So yeah. But you all probably knew that so if you did you can ignore this message.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next