The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Vote_lcapThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Voting_barThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Vote_lcapThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Voting_barThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 1:28 pm

Oliver:

Fighting hand to hand with the splitting man proved to be a losing battle. Even with Oliver's fighting skills and training, the man was able to counter in impossible ways, dodge blows by splitting, reforming back to one, strike in several places as if he was fighting a well organized and in sync team, only to switch back to one. Oliver noticed that he never made more than 3 copies of himself, through the exchange, but it also didn't give him much time to think.

Oliver managed to make the man back off with an invisible blow to his side, and in time to fling the gun again, away from the other man's hands. His leg was then hit by a spectral shot, almost sending him falling onto his back by the third party, who was now holding a dog whistle, preparing to blow.

Arthur:

Arthur has to spend a good amount of time, running passed to tree to re-find the horseshoe as he did fire it a long distance and easily lost sight of it when it went below the rooftop level.

Jeanine:

The blades slam into her button shield, but Jeanine manages to hold on. The string goes unnoticed.

Ryan:

The man with the ears isn't calm. "You don't understand, that psycho SHOT me! If we let her stay here till she wakes up, there's no telling what she might do, ring our necks while we sleep! Get her outa here Mad!"

"Calm down Hare-"

"DON'T tell me to calm down, how can you be so calm after all the terrorizing that little bitch did?"
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 1:34 pm

Same deal as usual, disarm the enemy first. I think the splitting guy is a medium, so I can't take his tool. I'll have to deal with him spectrally. First, though...

I'll shove the head of the guy with the whistle using telekinesis, then I can try to spec-shot it out of his hand. I doubt telekinesis will be enough to take is away in this case.

I should also put a strong downwards force on the third guy to keep him from moving too much. I don't know what he can do yet, and I don't want to find out. I should probably keep watch in my peripheral vision for attacks from him.

Finally, stay calm and act like I'm still focusing on fighting the splitting guy. It's probably better if he doesn't realize I'm concentrating on the other two.

Last edited by Von Aardvark on Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 1:57 pm

Ryan walks to the other end of the room, carrying the crutch, and leans against the wall. Oh, shut up. The hand is dead. She never consented to doing anything for them, and I would know if she had. She's just an ordinary teenage girl who happens to have been a victim of mind-slavery in the past. Are you afraid of every teenager who comes in here? That isn't a rational fear. Go back upstairs.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 2:00 pm

Jeanine drops down a level and holding her shield above her head stabs at the mans feet with the pin.
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 2:39 pm

I have issues . . . I cant . . I couldn't trust girls. I was okay with being alone. Now with all this spectral stuff, my normal life is gone. . Originally I planned to just do this, get the reward, and be done with this spectral stuff, but I don't really think that's possible anymore. Not to mention the hand messing with my head.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 3:05 pm

Oliver:

Oliver manages to shove the guy with the whistle's head back and fire a spec-shot to knock the whistle outa his hands.

The other guy is forced down to the ground, his eyes trained on you as he struggles.

The splitting man then pulls a trick while your attention is divided, He has split into three after a charge and has formed an incredibly tight spectral chain all around Oliver's body. His gloved hand movements being restricted breaks his hold on the guy.

The splitting man yells, "Now!" and the man on the floor opens his mouth impossibly wide, a chameleon tongue shoots out and hits Oliver in the head with lightning speed. It sticks and Oliver can feel his consciousness fading.

Then suddenly it was all gone. The chains and their pressure, the tongue on his head, the people around him, and even the room. He had suddenly fallen through the floor. He looked up at the ceiling to find no holes, just that he passed through the solid floor. He landed on a pink energy construct bubble, making a soft landing. On the ceiling was a small figure that dropped down beside him.

It was a teen, about his age, wearing a large woolen winter cap over the head and ears, cartoon mouse like front top teeth, a furry tail, and clearly wearing a bunch of clothes that clearly didn't match. Though she didn't have any obvious curves, Oliver could tell she was a girl by the way she spoke to him, in a thick New York accent.

"Wow, dat was a sticky situation handsome. Youse lucky I was out looking for a friend. Youse happen to know a 'Jeanine' by any chance?" Her eyes looked wide, she was blatantly checking Oliver out.

Chase:

"Its hard trying to escape the spectral aspect as soon as its there, its not something that ever goes away. Sometimes things sweep us off our feet, and we struggle with the change. That's why its good not to be alone, to find those that can understand, so you have people to turn to."

Selene gets up and brushes herself off, "Well, we still got a lot of things to do, like find your buddy, I didn't see him when you left so did you escape alone. And I remember you mentioned others. I'm sure they would be worried about you now if they aren't in trouble themselves. It seems the hearts are more shaken up then a hornets nest. They've been pretty active running around town."

Jeanine:

Jeanine strike hits air as the mirror man jumps back, spectral energy charges between his blades, looks like he intends to fire a large spec-shot.

Ryan:

"I have a completely rational fear of being stabbed by a known psycho that hurt me once already!" Hare defended. "If she was mind controlled as you say, it was probably to rein in her psychotic episodes to make her more useful to the Hearts! I'm going to leave, I suggest you do the same before she wakes up or the Hearts come looking for lost property."

Hare left, hobbling as fast as he could go. Mad just shook his head. He then turned to Ryan, "I thank you again, though I hope you don't get to angry at Hare, he did not see her before all this mess happened."

"How bout we discuss things while I examine her. Her healing abilities seem rather slower than usual and I wouldn't put past the Hearts to have drugged her to make her feel the pain longer by slowing it down."
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 3:15 pm

Jeanine drops down another level quickly then jumps branches till she on the other side of the tree, putting up a shield construct to block the spec shot.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 3:47 pm

Alright. The first thing you should know is about that tree that grew in the centre of town. I am the one who put it there, and I did so in order to interrupt a delivery to the hearts. It turns out the package is a fragile bomb, and I think the tree will disappear twenty four hours after it appeared. The bomb will likely explode at that point. Therefore, safe retrieval of the package or else a civilian evacuation of the town is necessary. The second thing you should know is that while I was imprisoned, the Hand linked my memories with Alice's memories. I remember shooting Hare. The third thing is that the Hand is dead and Alice is saved. That means I have done everything I came here to do. And, finally, you should see this map. Ryan pulls out his phone and shows Mad the pictures he took of the map in the war room, indicating the town they came from and telling him where the pictures were taken. Then he texts Jeanine to tell her the Hand is dead, Alice is safe, and to send the pictures to her.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 3:56 pm

I do, actually. What do you need to know? I have absolutely no inkling of where she is at the moment, beyond that she's most likely less than a mile or two away from here, but I could send her a text if you like. In fact, if there's any way at all I can help, I'd be more than willing. You did just save me, after all.

Thanks for that, by the way. I'm not used to being put into a corner by only three guys, but it's not every day I find myself fighting other spectrals.

...Why are you looking at me like that?
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 4:18 pm

Chase listens, saying nothing, silently reflecting on Selene's words, The boy goes back for his phone telling everyone his current situation "Where are you right now, Ill come to whoever need help most, or is closest.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Chase:

Chases text is sent to everyone. That is all.

Ryan:

Ryan's text and pictures are sent to Jeanine. Mad takes a look at the map. "This is strange indeed, these are all spectral heavy cities and towns. And a bomb? How do you know this? What would the hearts do with a bomb...?"

Jeanine:

Jeanine's cover does its job as the blast ponds at the tree, you can hear it lurching a little, but Jeanine is safe.

Arthur:

After you retrieve the horseshoe, you now see a large blast of dark color in the tree shine. It most certainly wasn't Jeanine's.

Oliver:

The girl responds innocently. "Why, do youse not like the way I look at youse?" She grins and her tail swishes. "We should get outa here before the Hearts check the basement. Wes can go through the walls."

As Oliver stands up, the girl takes his hand. "I'm Mouse, but youse can call me anything youse like handsome."
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 4:50 pm

Jeanine feels her phone buzzing from the text messages, which she ignores. She climbs up to the top of the tree.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:04 pm

Very good to meet you, Mouse.

He assumes she's offering a handshake, and thus shakes her hand.

As for where we're going, I'll follow your lead.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:40 pm

Jeanine:

The man calls up the tree. "Where do you think your going, I still haven't made you see your own ghost!"

Oliver:

Mouse looks a little confused when he shakes her hand. "I needs youse to hold on handsome, don'ts wants ta loose ya in ta dirt.              Jeez, read a girls hints will ya."

Mouse leads you forward into a wall and you both pass through. Inside the ground is dark and breath is impossible, but you luckily took one before going into the wall. The sensation of moving through the ground could be best described as swimming, without getting wet, and feeling like your whole body is slightly tingling. You both emerge from the ground, an alley across the road from City Hall. You both can see the panic still going on around it.

Mouse whispers, "Lets go, I know a safe place to hide." She then winks. "And get some alone time between us!"
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 7:10 pm

I heard it from the Hand, I think, or else she heard it from the Hand. It's harder to distinguish our fresher memories. I don't see a point in asking what they are going to do with a bomb. The only thing they can do is detonate it. If it detonates in this town... There would be a lot of deaths. I think the survival rate would approach zero percent. Therefore, our next objective is retrieval and disarmament, followed by bringing down the barrier so we can leave. If I can get access to the Internet, I can spread these pictures... That would put these towns on guard, and likely spoil the plans of the Hearts.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 7:28 pm

Oh. Um, alright then. Lead the way.

In order to distract himself from his current situation, Oliver writes and sends a text to Jeanine.

"A girl named Mouse is looking for you. Where are you?"
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 7:51 pm

Jeanine grits her teeth and pulls out her phone, placing a barrier around herself and keeping one eye on the guy while texting back to everybody. Tree. Fghtng. Get hr if u can. She yells down to the guy You missed ya perv!
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 8:02 pm

So what exactly are we supposed to do now Selene?
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 8:07 pm

Oliver receives the text, noting that he should probably avoid texting her again if she's fighting, and decides to tell Mouse about the exchange once they reach wherever she plans to hide out.
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 8:52 pm

texts back, saying "funy, im under a tree, want me 2 open fire wit pennys?"
arthur waits for a reply before firing, but has his wallet ready.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 9:00 pm

Ryan:

Mad nod, "It might even scare the Hearts to leaving town if you give out this location as their base. I'm afraid though that we are not connected to the web here at all. We didn't have much a connection to begin with, but the hearts cut us off completely, and have a jammer on the cell tower to prevent calls from going outside the town or in."

"A bomb..." Mad pondered out loud he then looks at Ryan and Alice. "You say you got a connection to her memories? How did that happen? If its a bomb, she might have seen the design of it, because without a working knowledge of the device, any tampering with it might as well be pressing the trigger."

Chase:

"Well now, I think we should find the rest of your group. Give us more numbers and be able to organize a plan to reach any of our objectives."

Chase's phone has been vibrating for each text sent to him in his pocket.

Jeanine:

"I got more tricks than one girl." Jeanine then watches as a glass appears from no where and forms a shell around the man, taking the shape of a giant spider, then the colors and details. It starts moving up the tree incredibly fast.

Oliver:

Mouse listens to Oliver's explanation and responds, "Thens we better get there before all de Hearts start getting their act together and start noticing the fight on the tree, cause I just saw a spec-blast coming from it, and Its a little to far to tell, but that is one rather large shape for a person to be on it..."

"I'm not much of a fighter, but Is can help us get away if we need to. Been ding that for years, I can phase two easily."

You two then start making your way to the tree.

Arthur:

You can't see much from the bottom of the tree, it is higher than all the buildings in town and reaches to the top of the barrier. You don't see much till the giant spider forms I mean. You can easily see that.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 9:12 pm

Fighting is one of my ability's main strengths, so I think we'll work together rather well.

He puts up a strong spherical shield of spectral energy around the two of them to protect against ambushes, then follows Mouse.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 10:21 pm

She quickly puts her phone away but not before seeing Arthurs text. She shouts out Shoot the spider!! she tugs the thread tight making it grow enormously and tripping the spider up. She whips the thread and flicks the spider off the tree.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 12:00 am

The Hand was attempting to torture my psyche by showing me everything she had been through and trying to convince me that it was my fault. Instead, he fueled my desire for revenge. There were probably side-effects. I am not sure if our current memories are shared as well. I need some time to examine them. If I do, I may be ablr to remember about handling the bomb... I assume the cell tower is on the other side of the barrier. I think I might be able to have something done about it, since the barrier only works on a spiritual level. I just need to contact my troops. It seems my primary contact is occupied, however, battling on the tree. She could detonate the bomb if distracted... Is there any way you can relay the message about the bomb before she disturbs it?
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 12:21 am

Jeanine, Arthur, and Oliver:

Jeanine's thread goes taut and the monstrous spider trips and starts to fall.

Arthur receives Jeanine's text.

Oliver and Mouse arrive to the base of the tree to witness the scene.

(I can no longer move the scene until all three characters involved have posts.

Ryan:

"I'm afraid not, a phone call or a text is the fastest method of long distance communication in this town. I have met Jeanine and she doesn't seem the type to go messing with the device without knowing what it is, but your right, she could unknowingly trigger it in the fight. You can go and try the relay the message on foot while I take care of Alice if you like."

"As for your mental connection to this girl, I suggest if you know someone who understands mental abilities to take a look. I have no experience in the area so I can not give any sort of reliable information on the subject."

He continues to look at the Alice. "Sadly she has been indeed given a type of poison or drug. Her system should flush it out eventually as long as she gets enough fluids, but it is keeping her healing factor quite busy in the meantime repair its damage. If she didn't have that, I suspect she would be dead. I'm going to see if I can't help flush it out." Mad then leaves the room, off to get some supplies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 32Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next