The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Vote_lcapThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Voting_barThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Vote_lcapThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Voting_barThe Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 12:35 am

Well, that's a sight. Hey, Jeanine! This is the bad guy, right?

Oliver waits a moment, and regardless of whether he receives a response, (Unless she says no for some reason) he adds his telekinesis to the gravity pulling the spider towards the ground, astronomically magnifying the impending impact.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 1:02 am

Jeanine grins and shouts Indeed it is! she ties the thread and leaves the spool on a branch then leaps off the tree. In the air she makes the pin grow enormously then uses a spectral hand and hammer construct to nail it down and pin the spider to the ground. She uses it like a fire pole and slide down and jumps off and lands on the ground next to the spider. Good to see you Oliver. Best to keep the pressure on this one.
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 1:12 am

That was a smooth move. I'm impressed.

As she says, he sustains the telekinetic pressure on the spider even after it hits the ground.
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 1:18 am

Ryan shakes his head.Before I can go anywhere, I need to have a good soak. Otherwise I'm unarmed. It will take about fifteen minutes in clean water... Ill risk a text. You do have bathtubs in here, right? Ryan texts Jeanine "Be careful. Bomb likely in tree. Will detonate if disturbed. Large enough to kill town. I'll head on over once I'm prepped, ETA 17 minutes from now." Then he goes to have a bath.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 1:40 am

Jeanine checks her phone. Well it's not that delicate. The tree moved and stuff. A lot. Off tree now, should be fine. Move fast. she looks up Hi Mouse!
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 2:05 am

Ryan recieves the text from Jeanine and then texts Pepper "CRITICAL IMPORTANCE: Head to tree in center of town. Help keep the Hearts from going near it. Jeanine will brief you upon arrival." Then he fills up a bath, gets undressed, and climbs in. He submerges his head for about two and a half minutes while trying to remember what Alice kniws about the package.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 2:30 am

While we're waiting, do you think you could fill me in on what's been going on so far? I spent most of the time we've had until now searching City Hall for clues and finding precisely jack shit. The only remotely interesting detail was that there were no case files in the courthouse from any time that could be considered recent. It seems like the rest of you have had a bit more excitement!
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 4:00 am

From what I learned the Hearts plan is to turn everybody into spectrals to make a "safer" environment for all of us. Which is stupid. Could you imagine a their with the power to be invisible or an anarchist who could manipulate fire? We would have utter chaos, wars over power and the mass slaughter of spirits and conversion would be an issue... she trails away then slaps her forehead. Three ways!! Not born but exposure to supernatural phenomenon can cause one to become a spectral! she looks up into the tree then texts Ryan rapidly I think the bomb releases some sort of supernatural phenomenon. The three ways of being a spectral: near death ex., citrus, or exposure to supern. Phenonmenon! she looks up and sees the heart she tied to the tree. Oh! Uhm I have to grab something.. she climbs up into the tree and reaches the branch where the man is. She quickly gags him then says You're lucky you were such a good boy my dear, otherwise I would be having a lot of fun with you. But I keep my promises. she whacks him hard on the head before switching out the gag for duct tape and wrapping the gag around his eyes to make a blindfold instead. She leaves him there while she gathers the thread from around the tree before undoing the thread binding him to the tree, binding his hands and feet together and bringing both of them down with a platform construct. When she reaches the ground she turns to Arthur and asks You don't happen to have handcuffs in your wallet do you? I would rather hand cuff him and I'm running low on duct tape.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 4:35 am

Oliver watches the whole thing, speechless. Without context, Jeanine's actions are completely terrifying.

So, what's going on with you, Mouse?
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 11:32 am

only having where her voice came from to tell where jeanine was and not knowing where the spider is , arthur starts firing pennys  randomly,trying not to fire toward jeanine, and putting a little spread on the pennys to make it more likely to land some hits
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 12:10 pm

Ryan:

Ryan's eyes glow, he feels a similar connection he does when he goes into a spirit conference. His mind reconnects to Alice's and he can feel her consciousness in a metaphysical corner, lost in something.

Ryan sifts through the memories, todays are included, and Ryan can feel he has the ability to fully immerse again and read her thoughts and emotions as if they were his own but is reluctant, trying to remain a observer instead.

He comes across a memory of the blueprint of the device. The device seems to be a sphere with a spirit possessing it to allow it to hold a huge amount of space similar to Arthur's tool. A highly powerful bomb is attached to the sphere to be able to destroy the spheres entire contents utterly, and everything around the sphere for collateral damage. The plan is to capture spirits using the barrier like a net, turn them into tools and place them inside the sphere. The bomb would then destroy all the tools in the sphere, releasing all the spirits prematurely, forcing them to find new homes rather quickly.

Chase:

Selene looks over the edge of the other side of the roof and gives a worried shout. "Hey, is that one of your friends over there?"

Chase goes over and sees that two hearts are carrying a girl back toward their base. That girl is Pepper, who is unconscious.

Oliver, Jeanine, and Arthur:

When the Spider falls, Arthur fires pennies into it, the pennies striking and piercing the glass shell of the spider. Oliver arrives and uses his power to accelerate the spider toward the earth, it shattering upon impact, shards of glass go flying everywhere. Mouse manages to phase Arthur and Oliver through the glass so they don't end up as pin cushions.

Jeanine then comes down to view the aftermath, the mirror man not moving on the ground in the middle of the broken spider glass remains. His skin is cracked. you guys don't see a ghost so he's not dead.

When Jeanine has her revelation, Mouse returns Oliver's confused look and whistles her hand over her head.

Then Oliver's poses his question, Mouse's tail swishes in response. "Let's see, I made a friend whose was in trouble, found her again in more troubles today. I also met this totally hot guy whose is a little dense, but I think he's caught on now. :3" She replies with a mischievous smile and a wink.

(Hint: Find Bomb, get outa there.)
((Comments: Mondays are going to be my busiest day, so don't expect many posts.))
Back to top Go down
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Paranaturalist
Wealthy Lord Asssprite

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 12:47 pm

Ryan repeats the submerging process six more times so he has a full load of water to fight with, then gets out of the bath, towels dry, and checks his phone as he dresses himself. Then he runs out of the tavern as he texts Jeanine "Bomb has attached a sphere that contains potentially vast number of tools. Upon explosion, sphere and tools are destroyed, freeing spirits within to hunt for hosts. Also: Not the only three ways". He puts his phone away and runs to the tree.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 2:14 pm

Jeanine checks her phone and turns pale. Guys, there is a bomb up top that tree that contains tools. The Heart's plan is to destroy all the tools in one go and have the spirits go look for new hosts. she pulls out duct tape and places it over the unconscious mans mouth then binds his hand and feet with thread. Effectively turning ordinary people into spectrals due to the exposure. Ryan is on his way now, Alice is okay and the hand is dead so Ryan says, but I don't know if he means he killed it completely or not. Keep your peeled for any Hearts. They carry guns and such things as well as all of them being spectrals. Oliver, does you telekinesis protect against bullets and bolts?
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 2:55 pm

In response to Mouse:

Yeah, I think he probably has...
He winks.

In response to Jeanine:

It does, as long as I set up a force barrier before hand, since my reflexes aren't good enough to stop bullets in mid air. Here, I'll set on up right now.

Just to warn you, though, I'll need to take it down for a moment to let Ryan through when he gets here. And don't go too far from this spot, or you might get caught in it and shoved outside the barrier. Stay within thirty feet or so and you should be fine.

Oliver then forms a powerful gravity-style force field  in a cube around the group, pushing away from them on all sides.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 7:09 pm

Ryan:

Ryan rushes through the streets, and swiftly arrives at the tree, before Olivers barrier.

Oliver, Jeanine, Arthur and Mouse:

"So wes looking for a bomb? Ya want me ta take a crack at it?"
Back to top Go down
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 8:55 pm

Chase finally takes initiative " Selene, we have to help her . . . If I ever have any hope of being something close to normal, then she's a part of it" He wouldn't admit it, but it was obvious he cared about her. "Selene, I have no tool for the moment, I'm sure those guys will be looking for me though I smashed em up pretty bad. If i go get their attention you can one hit KO them when they pay attention to me."
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:36 pm

Please do! After all, you can search more thoroughly than the rest of us, and without the risk of disturbing the bomb.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:45 pm

But carefully Mouse. If at any point you feel uncomfortable with the situation then come straight down and I'll go up. Jeanine dials Chase's number on her phone.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 11:18 pm

Oliver opens dissolves the parts of the force field that are inside the tree.

There. As long as you're traveling inside of the tree, you should be able to enter and exit as you please!
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 1:40 am

arthur sits down, and very soon after, falls down on his back and mummbles to the group "geeze im tired" hes careful not to fall asleep, but does rest his eyes, with about two second blinks
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 2:47 am

Jeanine changes her mind and texts Chase "Checking in. How are you? What's your status?" she looks at Arthur and says You know you can sleep for a bit if you're really tired I'll wake you up if something happens. she turns to the others and says rather nervously I er, need to continue interrogating this guy...feel free to ask questions too but..um...I'm going to sound...different. she drags the guy over to the tree, binds him to the trunk and then slaps him awake. Hello sweetie! My associates and I have questions for you. You remember the rules don't you? Speak only when spoken too and if you don't, she leans in, dragging an index finger across his throat Off with your head, or rather, smaller parts first, then if you continue, we'll move on to bigger parts my dear.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 2:57 am

The way you are talking to that person is still a little disturbing, Jeanine. Who is he, anyway?
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 3:54 am

Oh why he is my dearest toy aren't you my dear! she says in a disturbingly high voice for a girl of her age (he is still blind folded, just making sure it's remembered. ) she rapidly texts Oliver "Please don't talk as if I am out of character, the more he thinks this is just me on a day to day basis the more he will be willing to talk. Acting can only go so far if I am the only one. Mention this to the others discreetly would you?"
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 4:03 am

Oliver texts the group:

Jeanine is horrifyingly clever at information extraction.

In other news, she's acting all funny in order to unnerve some evil guy she's got tied up. Don't question it, she doesn't want him to know it's unusual.

He whispers a similar message to Mouse, along with:

Do you have a cell phone? It would be useful if we ccould contact you discreetly from now on.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 4:13 am

Jeanine flashes a quick and grateful smile at Oliver before turning to the man and taking off the duct tape visiously fast (I forgot to add, but she de-stickified it a bit on her skirt so as not to rip off skin from the guys. Yes. Mirror man too. Still would hurt a bit. ) Now, where were we before the other one interrupted us? Ah yes!
Where do you store the unused tools?
What does the mayor look like and what are his abilities?
How have you stopped communications out of town?
Who are the higher ups?
Where are they?
What can they do?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)   The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Paranatural Forum RPG (Experiment Run)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 32Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 32  Next