The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Chapter Three - Page 3 Vote_lcapChapter Three - Page 3 Voting_barChapter Three - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Chapter Three - Page 3 Vote_lcapChapter Three - Page 3 Voting_barChapter Three - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Chapter Three

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

Chapter Three - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 3:25 am

wheist9095 wrote:
who'd be dead? the spectral human would still be alive, and the spirit would still be in their tool. unless it was isaac, who found a compatible spirit before it tooled up. its just a matter of compatibility, not destiny. i think.

I don't think I am explaining this well. A spectral is two parts, His physical self and his ghost. Both parts are one and the same person. Think of Danny Phantom, He's human and a ghost, 2 parts balancing both worlds. They don't need a tool or a be a medium to effect both worlds because they are in both worlds. Separate the ghost and the person is no longer a spectral and I don't think you can survive the process.

A medium has an unwanted third party, his spirit. A tool is always in the item feeding off like a parasite. These types can be removed with no ill effect as they are essentially foreign objects. They are indeed treated as separate beings and I'm pretty sure the the sphinx and the whale are not reacting to these guys.

I think the whale and sphinx are reacting to the fact that they can see and effect the ghost world, Spectrals are rare so they automatically assume that they are ghosts first.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 3:48 am

I just have a feeling that we keep misunderstanding each other
Back to top Go down
Paranaturist
New Kid
Paranaturist

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 9:51 am

Defining a spectral as a human + ghost. While that's an interesting way to conceptualize spectrals, I don't think it's a helpful model for explaining spectrals, and it has the potential to be confusing, seen above. And if all you're trying to do is tack spectral energy onto a human, I don't know if that's the simplest way to explain it.

All we really know is that spirits can identify other paranatural creatures on-sight, including spirits, ghosts, and spectrals. We're not sure how (maybe through spectral energy?) Spectrals are relatively rare, so most spirits will assume a human-shaped paranatural creature to be a ghost, rather than a spectral. But (extrapolating from sphinx) they can identify spectrals as being alive through other factors (perhaps body heat or having a heartbeat.)
Back to top Go down
wheist9095
New Kid
wheist9095

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 6:33 pm

I don't think that if the tool or spirit is removed the human would lose all of their spectral energy. since max started seeing the spirits before he found his tool. and since the spirit partner feeds off the energy produced by the human. plus it said that the spirit would feed off the humans energy until it had like replenished its powers. so then the spirit may be able to separate from the human or the tool. which i think over a long enough period of time someone may be able to have multiple spiritual partners.
Back to top Go down
wheist9095
New Kid
wheist9095

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 6:48 pm

Also, i found some info in the comic on the subject, and i do not know how to do the linky thing so, on page like 64 or 65 of chapter one it states that "not many people are gifted with the ability to see spectrals, and even fewer are gifted with the tools". so humans may not necessarily need a spirit to be a spectral at all.
Back to top Go down
Paranaturist
New Kid
Paranaturist

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 7:22 pm

It's pretty well established that spectrals have innate powers, outside of those granted by possession or tools. The finger blasts seen often, as well as the bubble shield Isabel used while fighting the ghost-eater are both innate spectral powers.

Eragon was suggesting that a spectral was really a human and their ghost in the same place. For example, Max being a spectral can be explained by his human body on top of his ghost, giving him both a physical as well as paranatural presence. That has nothing to do with acquiring a tool or becoming a medium. I'm going to suggest we drop that idea because it's clearly too confusing to be used in this audience, and not useful enough to justify its use.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 9:33 pm

wheist9095 wrote:
I don't think that if the tool or spirit is removed the human would lose all of their spectral energy. since max started seeing the spirits before he found his tool. and since the spirit partner feeds off the energy produced by the human. plus it said that the spirit would feed off the humans energy until it had like replenished its powers. so then the spirit may be able to separate from the human or the tool. which i think over a long enough period of time someone may be able to have multiple spiritual partners.

wheist9095 wrote:
Also, i found some info in the comic on the subject, and i do not know how to do the linky thing so, on page like 64 or 65 of chapter one it states that "not many people are gifted with the ability to see spectrals, and even fewer are gifted with the tools". so humans may not necessarily need a spirit to be a spectral at all.

This I exactly what I've been trying to convey. What I'm failing to say properly is that Without having a tool or being a medium their is another supernatural presence in a spectral's body, his own ghost.

What i'm trying to explain has nothing to do with a spectral's tool or, in case of a medium, the spirit possessing them.
Back to top Go down
Paranaturist
New Kid
Paranaturist

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 11:19 pm

Eragon5055 wrote:
This I exactly what I've been trying to convey. What I'm failing to say properly is that Without having a tool or being a medium their is another supernatural presence in a spectral's body, his own ghost.

Ghosts receive powers upon death, such as Chapter 1 Page 40's Old Guy Ghost, who has butterfly powers.

Spectrals haven't been shown to have any such powers on their own. Their only ability is the generic exertion of spectral energy, such as the finger gun that Ed uses here as well as Isabel's spectrally-charged kick and bubble shield. Don't forget Isaac's spectral fist.

None of these are the spectral abilities that are exhibited by spirits and ghosts. The fact that no spectral has had their own ability seems to point to the fact that spectrals aren't humans inhabited by their own ghosts, but something distinct or more complicated.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 2:26 am

Maybe ghosts gain powers when they are separated from their human bodies, and since spectrals are only halfway there they get generic powers?
In any case, it could be argued that a person's ghost, or basically their soul, lives inside of them from the day their born until the day they died. My theory: At the risk of sounding cliche, you could say that spectrals have awakened their own ghosts; and thus also the ability to affect the spiritual plane. However, since they have not yet fully left the physical plane, they are unable to wield the unique abilities granted to every permanent resident of the spiritual plane.
Back to top Go down
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 8:21 am

NEW PAGE GUYS!!!
Back to top Go down
Snarks
New Kid
Snarks

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 8:35 am

Man, I like Isaac's spirit. He's a cool guy.

Also, these are my favorite panels from the new page.
Chapter Three - Page 3 Screen10
Chapter Three - Page 3 Screen11

Edit:
AHAHA YUP. I LIKE THIS GUY A LOT.
Chapter Three - Page 3 Gags10
Back to top Go down
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 8:54 am

If that's canon, then he must be a blast at parties! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Snarks
New Kid
Snarks

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 8:56 am

OH YOU!
Back to top Go down
Cleverdan
New Kid
Cleverdan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 11:07 am

Man, this spirit interaction is great.

Wonder what Ed and Isabel's look like.
Back to top Go down
tylerouzts
Seeing Shades
tylerouzts

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 11:47 am

I bet Ed's will be skinny and hilarious and Isabel's will be elegant with a crazy dragon mouth like her paper horse.
Back to top Go down
http://tylerouzts.tumblr.com
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 2:04 pm

There was a super small version of of what they're spirits generally look like in the page that Zack talks about posters. Impossible to tell who is who but you can get a generic idea
Back to top Go down
wheist9095
New Kid
wheist9095

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 4:01 pm

which page is that?
Back to top Go down
Cleverdan
New Kid
Cleverdan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 4:16 pm

wheist9095 wrote:
which page is that?
pretty sure it's one or two pages after he announced double updates and wallpapers. It's not very many pages back.

You can't really discern much though.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 4:19 pm

This Page http://paranatural.net/chapter-3-page-42/

You know, someone should really compile Zack's comment responses, He tends to give alot away.

I've had to go through comments three times already searching for zacks responses that I remember reading but don't remember where and they are a bitch to find. The whole spectral explination is in there and why ghosts have their unique abilities, it has to do with the trauma of their death.
Back to top Go down
Ars Nova
New Kid
Ars Nova

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 7:21 pm

So, I dunno why we've been calling him Montezeusma this whole time.

When there is a clear and blatantly better alternative in Sparky Sparky Boom God.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 9:20 pm

Ars Nova wrote:
So, I dunno why we've been calling him Montezeusma this whole time.

When there is a clear and blatantly better alternative in Sparky Sparky Boom God.

I prefer Blowhard.
Back to top Go down
JGhero
New Kid
JGhero

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 9:23 pm

I wonder if the spirits will ever fight. A Scrapdragon vs. Montezeusma battle would be amazing.
Back to top Go down
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 9:27 pm

Better yet: A Scrapdragon-Montezeusma TEAM UP!
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 9:29 pm

Mister Scrapdragon is at a severe disadvantage since his power controls metal that will just pass harmlessly through Blowhard/Montezuma/Zeus/D.J. Cumulus
Back to top Go down
Leo M. R.
Spectral
Leo M. R.

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 9:41 pm

Why is he a DJ all of a sudden? Not that I mind, but he seems dead set on the path of the comedian.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three   Chapter Three - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter Three

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next