The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Vote_lcapPokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Voting_barPokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Vote_lcapPokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Voting_barPokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 10:00 am

yeah, sorry. just read the money thing. Razz
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 10:27 pm

snow's stats:

HP:65
str=13+0=13
int=10+0=10
con=13+1=14
wis=9+0=9
dex=9+0=9
cha=10+0=10

poli's stats:

Hit Points: 4+1=5
Total health: 20
Attack: 5+1=6
Defense: 4+1=5
Special Attack: 4+1=5
Special Defense: 4+0=4
Speed: 9+0=9

EvDEF:0+0=0 (gasp)
EvSPDEF:0+0 (also gasp)

for some reason i thought that i had to have 5 points in one of my def states before i could add one to the corisponding stats.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 10:03 pm

Ok then! Sorry :/ I am still uncertain about things, thank you for correcting :3
I'll boost the speed then?
4+1=5 ?
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 11:58 pm

That's good. Then everyone should be done leveling up.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 6:46 pm

I just realized I did something wrong with the stat modifers for the trainers. I am correct in that for every 2 points above 10 in a stat you get a +1 modifier for that stat.

Where I was wrong is if a stat is below 10. A stat gets a -1 for every point below 10 instead of system I used.

I'm wondering if you all want to fix this mistake or keep it, as it is my mistake and is no fault of you guys. It will give some of you greater negative modifiers, but I think its supposed to be that way to help stop min/maxing.

Its all up to the majority.
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 10:01 pm

i say make the fix, but i dont have any stats like that so i dont think my vote matters...
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 11:58 pm

I don't mind either way.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 1:51 am

Seems that no one minds, so I say we're going to set the stat modifiers correctly from now on. Please everyone change your stat mods to fit, ya don't have to post the new stats, just keep track of it in what ever program your using.

As for Catching pokemon, it is a little different. To use a Pokeball, it takes a trainer action to throw the ball. You would roll then a percentile dice.

Percentile dice means that you are rolling a number between 1-100 to represent a percentage of success. So using the dice roller, you would put  a 1d100, and post me the result.

In Pokémon tabletop, this is the only time you want to roll low. A 1 is a awesome roll and a automatic success, and a 100 is terrible.

What modifies this roll would be the type of ball used. Regular Pokeballs give a +10 to the roll, so you would roll a 1d100+10.

All pokemon have capture rates, a number you must roll under to succeed in capturing them which is modified by the condition the mon is in.

It is a pretty simple, just want to give a heads up.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 2:18 am

1: Can I catch unconcious pokemon?

2: wouldn't it be minus ten, since it's supposedly improving the catch rate? Or do regular pokeballs make it less likely to catch?
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 2:26 am

1. Yes you may catch an unconscious pokemon, just be warying that you can easily kill wild pokemon if you beat it till it's unconscious, its safer to catch it while it can still move. (And more sportsman like, pokemon are more willing to recognize their trainers if not caught unconscious.)

2. Nope, its a +10  (reread it, its a +5). Its the regular pokeball, the plain jane, the 'worst' ball. Greatballs give no modifiers, and Ultra balls give a -10.

You can see the balls on page 184 of the player guide.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 2:27 am

In that case, what's the role modifier for an unconcious pokemon? one of the PDFs said that 1 HP is -25, but there's nothing about unconcious pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 2:29 am

That's because wild pokemon are supposed to just die period when you go below 0, but I felt that's too dark. Depending on the wound, I'll deceide if it lives or dies.

Just count it as a 1 Hp modifier.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 2:31 am

And that modifier goes to the capture rate, not the ball, so that's in the gm guide.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 9:38 pm

Name: Orion

Base Stats Total

HP: 2 + 0 = 2
ATK: 8 + 1 = 9
DEF: 4 + 0 = 4
SPATK: 3 + 0 = 3
SPDEF: 4 + 0 = 4
SPEED: 7 + 1 = 8
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 9:52 pm

Tis goooooooooooood Smile
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 11:40 pm

quick question, do we need to keep track of what pokemon we scan, are you keeping track, or does it not matter?
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 11:46 pm

You need to keep track.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 11:47 pm

You keep track and it does matter cause for every 25 species you scan, you gain a level.
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 11:54 pm

oh ok cool. so just so i can make sure im not adding things i shouldnt have or removing things i shouldn't, i have scaned: poliwag, gastly, vulpix, porygon, todadile, pidgy, and rattata? i have i text document with all the stuff i need to know on it, so once this is confirmed, i should only need to check with you every 25.

Last edited by leviatron on Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 11:54 pm

what about Pidgey?
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 12:00 am

That looks about right, I'm in that chat till midnight at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 2:02 am

Welp, Snow has an opportunity to catch this Pokémon as well, beat Von's roll, then you got it, otherwise, Von got this mon in the bag.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 8:06 pm

Hoothoot

Name: Aether

Health/MaxHealth: 20/25

LV. 4

Exp:0

Ability: Insomnia

Nature: Composed

Base Stats   |   Total  |   Base Relation

HP:     6 + 1 = | 7 |         | 1 |
ATK:    3 + 0 = | 3 |         | 4 |
DEF:    3 + 0 = | 3 |         | 4 |
SPATK:  4 + 0 = | 4 |         | 3 |
SPDEF:  6 + 1 = | 7 |         | 1 |
SPEED:  5 + 0 = | 5 |         | 2 |

Ev DEF=0 + 0= +0

Ev SPDEF=0 + 1= +1

Last edited by Von Aardvark on Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 8:08 pm

I remember reading that you still get EXP if you catch a Pokemon. Are you dropping that?
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 8:55 pm

Your pokemon does, but so far Hemera has only been involved in one fight. So she  gets exp only from the ratatta. I was waiting to see where this all went before I hand out exp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next