The Activity Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Activity Club

For the fans of Zack Morrison's webcomic Paranatural.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Erie, Man of Danger
Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Vote_lcapPokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Voting_barPokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Wealthy Lord Asssprite
Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Vote_lcapPokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Voting_barPokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Soroya123
NinjaKitten
Baron Von Aardvark
Spidey
Leo M. R.
W!tch
Westbrook
tylerouzts
Latest topics
» Chapter Seven
Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm by ThePyromaniac

» Hear me out... (BERG theory)
Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 12:32 pm by janusjekyll

» Hello Activity Club
Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:07 am by janusjekyll

» Non-specific Greeting
Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm by Westbrook

» (slides in) Good Evening
Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm by Clayview

» I shout into the void
Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 pm by Clayview

Statistics
We have 325 registered users
The newest registered user is AL

Our users have posted a total of 14282 messages in 355 subjects
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 3:42 pm

Accepted

Guess you guys really like gengar, going to have to add a haunted house scenario now. Poor Misdrevous, I though you were cool, being the second ghost pokemon...
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 5:37 pm

Ok, time to talk about Pokémon stats

Example, Von's Vulpix

Pokémon Stats:

Vulpix (Pokémon species)

Name: (Not given yet) (Ya gotta name it foo)

Health/MaxHealth: 17/17 Your pokemons Hit points, Hit points are determine by the Mon's LV + (HP Stat x3)

LV. 5 (Duh)

Exp:0 (Experience is how much battle your mon has endured. You gain experience by battling and catching pokemon. What determines how much experience your pokemon gains is the defeated mon. (EXP Drop X Pokemon’s Level) X (1 + (Is it a Trainer’s Pokemon? If yes, 1. If no, 0.)) = Experience Points )

all mons gain levels at the same rate to make it easier.

Ability: Blaze (This is your mons ability. All Pokémon have an ability, Check Pdf for details.)

Nature: Gentle (Your Nature, this effects your Mons base stats)

Base Stats             Total

HP:        4 + 0 =  4
ATK:      4 + 0 =  4
DEF:      2 + 1 =  3
SPATK:  5 + 1 =  6
SPDEF:  9 + 1 =  10
SPEED:  7 + 1 =  8

Now this is the little bit confusing part. The first number by the stats is the base stat. Base stats on a mon don't change, reguardless of leveling up and help determine how you can level up.

the second number (the number adding to your base stat) is the points you added to the stat by Leveling up. When you level up, you are allowed to add 1 point to a stat, provided that it keeps the same base relation as the base stats. Vulpix for example has a base of ATK 4, this is lower than its base stat of 5 for its SPATK. That means you cant raise its ATK stat without raising his SPATK first as the base Relation is that SPATK has to be higher. If you want a more in depth example check the Player guide PDF

The last number is the total and is the one that will be used the most in battles. It is considered your mons actual and current stats.)

Ev DEF=0 + 0 =+0

Ev SPDEF=0 + 0=+0

Both these stats determine how hard it is to hit your mon. These two are stats you can also put points in, and are not determine by base relation, instead, you can put points in the EV DEF for every 5 points in DEF you have, and For every 5 points in SPDEF you can add one to EV SPDEF. And FOr every 10 poins in SPEED you can add one point to both. The max stats for these two is 10.

Moves:
(Pokémon can have up to 6 in this game, for a variety of different reasons, the main one is that moves don't have pp in this game, instead have a frequency of use. Ill dicuss move more when we get to battle, or you can look them up in the player pdf.
Ember

Tail Whip

__

__

__

__
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 8:39 pm

I'd say about a weeks worth of food. Maybe a little less.
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 8:48 pm

Misdreavus is the coolest ghost pokemon of all time. Unfortunately, Gengar completely overshadows it when it comes to usefulness. I tried not to let that affect my list too much, but...

And I sometimes like to pretend mismagius never happened.

That said, since being accosted over and over by hoards of ghastlys for our entire adventure would get old, and because misdreavus was my favorite pokemon for quite a while when I was younger, And also because I really want to have a ghost type, please replace gastly on my desired pokemon list with Misdreavus.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 8:56 pm

Ah, you forget, this isn't the game. I can seriously tell you that Misdrevous can outshine Gengar if you train it right.

That's the beauty of this game, Only Legendaries get Uber powered, and only because of their special status, not because of their stats.

(I like Mismagius, that's a sweet ass hat, but each to their own.)

Last edited by Eragon5055 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mismagius)
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 9:39 pm

Oh, and Im going to be the mons outside of battle. Independent creatures that listen to orders afterall.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 7:12 pm

Could someone tell Levi the game is on, so I know he knows, cause Ive been informed it wasn't obvious so I like to double check my bases.
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

yeah, von told me... sorry, also i plan to use two diffrent colors based on which personality shes in, or if shes talking to herself, which personality is saying what. the lighter one for shy and the darker one for competitve
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 9:14 pm

Coolyio.

I just need a number on how much food, a weeks worth of rations?
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 9:29 pm

You put Snows inner thoughts in a speech bubble, so that means she's thinking out loud? If you want it in her head, make it Italic or put parenthesis around it, make it distinct from speech, cause anything between " " is something said outloud in English literature.

I hate to be that guy, but its generally helpful to make some sort of distinction.

Also, on a side note, and this is for everyone, please use paragraph spacing more often. THis is more for my sake as I find large paragraphs bloated and hard to read.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 11:04 pm

Von, deduct 250 from your PokeDollars, as Burn Heal would be a Poke Item.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 11:09 pm

It's not a burn heal, it's intended to be the sort of burn cream you'd use if you rested your hand on a hot stove in real life. Slightly soothing, but useless in combat. I'll still pay for it if necessary though, in which case I'll just assume that it is a burn heal now.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 11:13 pm

Its Burn Heal. Why mass produce the stuff that's inferior? The stuff literally removes burns. Not just for Pokémon.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 11:17 pm

True enough. Alright, then, Burn Heal it is.
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 3:02 pm

yeah, a week for one person.
Back to top Go down
leviatron
Seeing Shades
leviatron

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 3:17 pm

i just couldnt resist...
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 5:34 pm

leviatron wrote:
yeah, a week for one person.
Wha, a week for one person? Explain.

If you mean the poke battles, they are all going to happen at once. Otherwise, I have no context to that statement.
Back to top Go down
Soroya123
Paranaturalist
Soroya123

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 5:44 pm

I think he meant food.
Back to top Go down
http://soroya123.tumblr.com/
Spidey
Spectral
Spidey

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 11:13 pm

ERAGON I HAVE THE PERFECT ROLL DICE THINGY,

YOU SEE YOU TYPE YOUR CHARACTERS NAME, YOU TYPE HOW MANY DIE, WHAT THEY ARE WORTH

like example

1d20+2 (imagine i got a two bonus from somethin)

NOT ONLY WILL IT TELL YOU HOW YOU ROLLED BUT IT COMES WITH A LINK SO YOU CAN DISPLAY WHAT YOU ROLLED AS WELL ITS FULL PROOF, HERES AN EXAMPLE

just go here : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/

and heres what i rolled

PERFECT RIGHT?!!!!
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 11:31 pm

Cool!

It's not cheat proof, but it shows that your rolling your numbers correctly, I like it. Feel free to use it for rolls.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:13 am

If anyone's interested in organizing this, I'll be putting my character's rolls under the campaign name "Pokemon Tabletop RPG - Paranatural Forums Roleplaying Club Run". If we all use that as the campaign name, the site will compile our rolls and characters together for us.

And Eragon, you of course have the right to pick a different campaign name if you wish.

Edit: The benefits of doing this would be that all previous rolls under that campaign name would be readily visible. If any one roll seems particularly fishy, you can check back to make sure nobody was rerolling dice or anything of that sort. This way, we've got pretty much no choice but to be honest!
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:31 am

Ok, battles are just like the games in that the faster mon is going to act first.

Everything else is a little different.

Try to remember that These battles are on a 3d plane, so you now also have to take into count of the terrain and how far your mon can move through the various types of terrain, range of attacks, and that some moves have area of effects.

You'll notice I didn't call the rival's mons by name except one, and I only described them. That's because your characters don't know, not without trying a knowledge check or using your Dex. I also like to remind you, that you can gain levels for each new mon you use Dex on too identify (25 too gain a level).

In a Pokémon battle, there are free actions, such as using your dex, that don't constitute your turn, and trainer actions, which do constitute your turn.

Free actions include: Talking to your opponent, issue movement commands to your mon, using Dex, certain trainer features, simple and quick actions genrally.

You only get one trainer action per turn.

Trainer actions include: Ordering your pokemon to use a move, using an item, ordering your mon to take evasive action, switching out mons.

This is all covered in the Player guide pdf.

The last major thing I want to discuss is with pokemon attacks. Unlike the game, moves do not have pp, they have frequency, meaning how often they can be used. I highly suggest you check out the move section in the pdf.

For this rp, when you declare an attack, you must roll a d20, this is called the accuracy check. All moves have an accuracy rating and its the number you must match or beat to pull off a successful hit. If you remember the Ev DEF and Ev SPDEF stats on your mon, if they are targeted by an attack, their Ev DEF and Ev SPDEF raise the accuracy check required by that amount for physical and special attacks respectably to represent the Pokemon's basic ability to dodge on its own. You can order your mon to take evasive action instead of attacking, giving a further +2 to the accuracy check they must beat, but you can't attack that round.

Next you must roll for damage. The move tells you what you must roll, then add you mons ATK Stat if its a physical attack or its SPATK for a special attack to determine the damage. The opposing Pokémon will then subtract their DEF or SPDEF respectably, and that's how much damage they will take.

I want you to roll both the accuracy check and the damage roll(add your appropriate stat to the total) to save time and put the results in your post.

Example

Trainer: "Pikachu use tackle!"

Tackle Acc. Check: 2

Acc. Roll : 1d20 (rolled a 12)

Damage : 2d6 + ATK (Rolled a 3 and a 1, ATK is 4, so 3+1+4=8 damage)

Gm (me): Pikachu's attack lands and deals 8 damage that is subtracted by its defense to 3, for 3 damage total (I probably wont tell you exact damage, just how hard it hurt, but this is for the example)

If you have any questions, please ask, I know this stuff can get confusing.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:38 am

I do like the roller, I just have no idea if we can just place everyone into one campaign thing.
Back to top Go down
Baron Von Aardvark
Paranaturalist
Baron Von Aardvark

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:43 am

If you give an existing campaign name, I'm pretty sure it just adds your character into that campaign.
Back to top Go down
Erie, Man of Danger
Paranaturalist
Erie, Man of Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 1:08 am

http://invisiblecastle.com/campaign/view/33394/

Yup, How bout everyone put themselves into this roller thing here then. Sounds like a useful tool. Becareful though, its tempermental.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC   Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures OCC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next